ADVERTISEMENT

Men's basketball current NET ranking

If we dont make the tournament, he should be gone. 1 tournament after 8 years is ridiculous. Yes, I think most Gamecock fans gave him a pass the 1st 2 or 3 years with the mess he inherited. But now is the time for results.

I’m still really mad about the Stetson loss — considering how damaging the Wyoming loss was last year, considering we already had 1 “life lesson” loss against Boston THIS YEAR. FM should have coached the Stetson game like the season was on the line bc I’m afraid it was. Hope I’m wrong — I go to the games and am a die hard. But it is absolutely inexcusable that we are sitting at 11-8.

Yeah, it’d be a lot better if we had beaten: Stetson, Boston U and Tennessee (remember we were up 8 points in the second half of that game). We’d be sitting at 14-5 right now (4-2 in SEC) with a little bit more wiggle room available. Instead we have to be damn near perfect the rest of the year. Those two non-conference losses were RIDICULOUS.

To say we have to win out is so inaccurate and wrong don't know where to start.
Road wins count as more in the NET. A win AT Arkansas would go a long way.

To say we have to win out is so inaccurate and wrong don't know where to start.
Road wins count as more in the NET. A win AT Arkansas would go a long way.

Road wins do count more but you also need those road wins against good opponents, not just opponents with bad NET ratings. Which teams are ok to put in the loss column and still get an at-large bid?

Please prove it to me. What NET rating would we have if we “get to 21”?

We are 11-8 with 12 games left. That means you are saying that we could lose 2 of the 12.

Just because it sorts better than the NET rating, I am using Massey ratings for the following numbers (https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7242&s=309912 ). If we lost to Arkansas (31) and LSU (22) and won the rest, of the 10 games we win, the best rating is Alabama (46). We need much better than 46 to get an at-large invitation. We are starting around 100. We don’t have the really good teams to beat to pull us up. Winning them all may do that but not losing 2 of the remaining 12.
If we win 20-21 we will get in. The bubble will be huge this year. The acc is way down. We have a road win at Virginia and clemson. Plus a home win against Kentucky. We have some good wins. Kentucky speaks for itself. Virginia just beat no 5 FSU tonight and clemson has beat duke. 20-11 and 1 or 2 wins in the sec tourney could get us in.

Agree with Patback33: 9-3 should get us on the bubble. But those 9 need to include LSU, MSU and UT at home and maybe @Bama/Ark. The away games at Ark/Bama/MSU and even Ole Miss will be very difficult. Anyone who has watched this team play knows there is no way they are going 10-2 or better. 9-3 is an EXTREME long shot. Quite honestly, winning the SECT might be an "easier" path to getting in. If we could possibly get a top 4 seed, that might not be impossible (but still improbable).

The Stetson loss (and the Boston game) was an absolute killer. We needed to beat UT with that 8 point lead. This team needs K Bryant to step up and help out down the stretch. Lawson must improve on D. Bolden must make 3's.

There is a path to the tourney but it looks unlikely. I'll still be cheering. Go Cocks.

This is great jump. Just keep winning .

I agree with this. As fans we tend to overreact one way or the other to the moment. Let the season play out and then see where we stand. We're currently tied for 4th in the SEC after playing the difficult part of our schedule. Guys are improving, and I like what I see out of the freshman. Keep winning and this season will get real interesting.

Our season profile is looking pretty good. If we can move up another 10-15 spots we should be firmly on the bubble. We have a pretty decent quadrant 1 record of 3-4 and a quad 2 record of 2-2. Finish out the season strong we could make a case come March.

What are the numbers for ?
Quad 1
Quad 2
Quad 3
Quad 4

If you do an internet search:

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135
Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240
Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353

Reactions: whythis28
Our season profile is looking pretty good. If we can move up another 10-15 spots we should be firmly on the bubble. We have a pretty decent quadrant 1 record of 3-4 and a quad 2 record of 2-2. Finish out the season strong we could make a case come March.

I hate to say it, but I think we'll need to move up 35-40 spots to have a legitimate chance, not 10-15. A couple bad losses, weak conference, few marquee wins (but with the opportunity to pick some up). We've simply seen this movie before, and I don't expect the ending to be any different. That's not saying that we can't do it - I'm just not as optimistic as you that being in the 60's is going to get it done. Finishing on a high note for once would at least help, though.

If you do an internet search:

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75
Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135
Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240
Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353
So clemson is at 83. And it would be a Quid 1 win if the tigers won a couple of games in a row.......I dont know if I can pull for them to do that. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT