ADVERTISEMENT

Mississippi State fires Joe Moorhead

He couldn’t turn down the chance to bring Army back to prominence. His autobiography is a good read.
I read his comments on this. He needed a challenge. He admired the USMA and what it stands for. He should have seen that college football in general was moving away from a model in which Army could compete at the highest levels - and had been moving away from that model. Of course, he found out the same thing was true down here apparently.

Is not the blackmail you accuse the USC coaches of far worse than a simple recruiting violation?
No...the coaches handled it without the NCAA. I think Terry Don appreciated not being placed on probation.

There is more to the story too. Napier was a whistleblower and turned us in to a local paper over some phonecalls recruiting Marcus Lattimore before he was turned in for bigger violations to only his AD.

3 things to learn from this true story.
1. Clemson cheats.
2. They turn in minor violations on their competitors even though they do much worse.
3. Dabo and his program are deceptive hypocrites.

No...the coaches handled it without the NCAA. I think Terry Don appreciated not being placed on probation.

There is more to the story too. Napier was a whistleblower and turned us in to a local paper over some phonecalls recruiting Marcus Lattimore before he was turned in for bigger violations to only his AD.

1. Clemson cheats.
2. They turn in minor violations on their competitors even though they do much worse.

And for all the reasons you stated above, Napier is the PERFECT fit for Miss State. Starkville in the state of Mississippi is like Clemson in the state of SC. No one in their right might would want to spend any time there, so NCAA investigations would be non-existent. Napier learned his cheating ways from some of the best. Miss State already has a history, even under Dan Mullen, of doing whatever it takes to gain a commitment, keep a player eligible, or overlook off-field issues. Match made in heaven.

Miss state has been mediocre their whole history. So please spare us the token. "They dont expect mediocrity" post.
There is a difference between being mediocre and being satisfied with it. Additionally, mediocre or not, those two Mississippi schools do not tolerate falling far behind the other. I lived in Mississippi for several years and I can tell you those fans want to win that game just as bad as we want to beat Clemson and almost as bad as Auburn and Alabama fans want to beat each other. That is a powerful motivator. With Ole Miss hiring Kiffin, it would not surprise me if State fans were getting very uneasy about Moorhead.

1. Clemson cheats.

I believe the blackmail you described is an actual crime.

Them boys sure as hell had one helluva a fight in the locker room and after practice. QB ended up at the hospital. Pretty sure Ms St felt like they had to make a move.

So is bribery.

Plus Lawing took no monetary gain for turning Napier in to his boss so it is not blackmail. Terry Don Phillips should have self reported the violations to the NCAA. He's the one that withheld the information from the authorities in the NCAA.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
So is bribery.

Plus Lawing took no monetary gain for turning Napier in to his boss so it is not blackmail. Terry Don Phillips should have self reported the violations to the NCAA. He's the one that withheld the information from the authorities in the NCAA.
Nah we wouldve self reported. Other schools dont. Thats why we are on probation for some stupid text messages.

Nah we wouldve self reported. Other schools dont. Thats why we are on probation for some stupid text messages.
Clemson dimed us out for the texts. Lance actually called the Clemson coach and let him know what he thought about being reported.

Reactions: Superior7
Apparently Napier has already declined any interest in MSU. Things may get really interesting for MSU after firing a coach who took them to two bowls during his first two years.

Brett McMurphy‏Verified account @Brett_McMurphy
Louisiana’s Billy Napier, expected to be among Mississippi State’s top targets, has declined an opportunity to join the Bulldogs, source told @Stadium

Per one of the SEC boards, Muschamp's name has been thrown around on radio as a coach that MSU should pursue.

Apparently Napier has already declined any interest in MSU. Things may get really interesting for MSU after firing a coach who took them to two bowls during his first two years.

Louisiana’s Billy Napier, expected to be among Mississippi State’s top targets, has declined an opportunity to join the Bulldogs, source told @Stadium

Per one of the SEC boards, Muschamp's name has been thrown around on radio as a coach that MSU should pursue.
Please......pretty please.

So is bribery.

As soon as you say, "if you don't do this, I'm going to do that," it is blackmail. It doesn't matter if you personally don't pocket any money if there is any monetary value in the situation. It's highly immoral and illegal. As you go through life, if you see something wrong, either turn it in to the proper authorities or keep your mouth shut. Blackmailing people is just a nasty way to go through life and will end with a bad judgement at the Gates.

It's way too much probation. The last penalty is going to put USC into the top 5 for NCAA penalties, along with the other USC, Alabama, etc. USC needs somebody who understands the rules in compliance. As a side note, I'll be looking for something to do in a few years.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
As soon as you say, "if you don't do this, I'm going to do that," it is blackmail. It doesn't matter if you personally don't pocket any money if there is any monetary value in the situation. It's highly immoral and illegal. As you go through life, if you see something wrong, either turn it in to the proper authorities or keep your mouth shut. Blackmailing people is just a nasty way to go through life and will end with a bad judgement at the Gates.

His boss is the proper authority.

They may be serious by firing their coaches every few years but let me ask you question? How's it working out for them?

Better than what we're doing apparently, they made bowl games the last two years, a more prestigious one than we got last year, and a bowl game this year, and are still trying to get better, we've settled for the status quo.

What time was our bowl game again? Must've missed it.

Legally speaking, you're wrong. I'm not sure about God's judgement. I suspect NCAA infractions and related matters don't rank at the top of any sins. But that's a guess.

Yeah, but it was Goose throwing the Muschamp suggestion out there.

Lucky, we are NOT!

How do you like Hudspeth?

They are thinking that their coaching search is about to turn into a UT dumpster fire.
UT? The dumpster fire that beat us by 20 this past season and won the Gator bowl. I'd take an 8 win season right now and a bowl win over what we have.

Reactions: ddw1263
UT? The dumpster fire that beat us by 20 this past season and won the Gator bowl. I'd take an 8 win season right now and a bowl win over what we have.
Coaching search was an absolute dumpster fire (btw that was the description on the MSU board). They believe the new coach will be Hudspeth or Judge. Big, huuuuuge moves there.

Legally speaking, you're wrong. I'm not sure about God's judgement. I suspect NCAA infractions and related matters don't rank at the top of any sins. But that's a guess.

Not a lawyer, of course, but good friends with a US district judge. He disagreed.

No freaking way.

Not a lawyer, of course, but good friends with a US district judge. He disagreed.
Ask him how many similar bribery cases he's read about, studied or overseen in his court. I will bet anything the answer is zero.

14-12 in two seasons. Easy to let a coach go when your AD isn't dumb enough to give him an expensive buyout for mediocre results. Funny, I think that's about what chump's record was when he got the buyout.

Mississippi St. Is more serious about winning than we are, let that sink in!

college football> “F---ed up business. People are insane,” says one college coach after the news hit. Ignore for a second the off-the-field problems. If a coach at Mississippi State—Mississippi State!—is fired after two years and 14 victories, is college football in a good place?

Yea they fired them all the time

Paul E. Davis 1962–1966
Charles Shira 1967–1972 6
27 Bob Tyler 1973–1978
28 Emory Bellard 1979–1985
29 Rockey Felker 1986–1990
30 Jackie Sherrill 1991–2003
31 Sylvester Croom 2004–2008
32 Dan Mullen 2009–2017
33 Joe Moorhead 2018–2019
Exactly. Outside of Richard Bell, you have to go all the way back to the 40s to find a coach that didn't get at least 5 years here.

Correcting these BS claims gets really tiresome.

Exactly. Outside of Richard Bell, you have to go all the way back to the 40s to find a coach that didn't get at least 5 years here.

Correcting these BS claims gets really tiresome.
and look how well it has worked for miss st...wow yall amaze me

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT