ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou Choked...

We want uga to keep Richt so we can get our choice of coach

Bingo. I have a long-time HS friend that went to UGAg and he's already started the #firericht chants on Facebook, and a few of his dawg friends have chimed in with the same. Same story every year with them, only this year, he has to stay. We get the jump on a great coach, and he starts out recruiting them. I said USC is a better job than Southern Cal and Miami and I meant it for the reasons I stated on another post, but I would also say it's better than UGA, not talking about who has been the better program overall, but for the crazy expectations they have every year, and, well, their "fans" in general. I've said for years Mark Richt deserves a way better fan base than that one. They'll get a top coach no doubt, I just want a 2-3 year head start.

Bingo. I have a long-time HS friend that went to UGAg and he's already started the #firericht chants on Facebook, and a few of his dawg friends have chimed in with the same. Same story every year with them, only this year, he has to stay. We get the jump on a great coach, and he starts out recruiting them. I said USC is a better job than Southern Cal and Miami and I meant it for the reasons I stated on another post, but I would also say it's better than UGA, not talking about who has been the better program overall, but for the crazy expectations they have every year, and, well, their "fans" in general. I've said for years Mark Richt deserves a way better fan base than that one. They'll get a top coach no doubt, I just want a 2-3 year head start.
U think our job is better than USC, Georgia, and Miami??? Come on man. It is a decent job but recruiting at all 3 of those schools is so much easier.

Do you really think that? Cause that's delusional.

I am not saying you are wrong, but what makes USC a better job than SoCal, Miami or UGA? Recruiting wise its a much tougher deal because of the low number of instate kids, Miami could be a top 5 team and not recruit outside Dade county, Georgia is 3rd in producing D1 signees and while SoCal is getting more competition out west for Cali kids, southern California is still a big draw for kids from all over the country.

As for Richt being sent packing, could happen if we lose the last 5 and after losing Chubb and with our qb play being what it is, no game is a sure win or even an expected win. I understand Lambert looked great against USC, but as good as he looked that night, he is a complete 180 the other nights. Team has lost confidence in him, and losing Chubb it seems like they are waiting for the season to be done. If he loses the rest of them, don't think he can survive that, but beat Tech and get to a bowl he will be golden.

I thought that INT was an INT. The Mizzu fellow's hand was under that ball all the time. Bad call IMO.

I am not saying you are wrong, but what makes USC a better job than SoCal, Miami or UGA? Recruiting wise its a much tougher deal because of the low number of instate kids, Miami could be a top 5 team and not recruit outside Dade county, Georgia is 3rd in producing D1 signees and while SoCal is getting more competition out west for Cali kids, southern California is still a big draw for kids from all over the country.

As for Richt being sent packing, could happen if we lose the last 5 and after losing Chubb and with our qb play being what it is, no game is a sure win or even an expected win. I understand Lambert looked great against USC, but as good as he looked that night, he is a complete 180 the other nights. Team has lost confidence in him, and losing Chubb it seems like they are waiting for the season to be done. If he loses the rest of them, don't think he can survive that, but beat Tech and get to a bowl he will be golden.
What makes SC such a tough job is the same thing that makes Miss State a tough job. We're close to UGA. We're in the same state as Clemp. We're in the same division as UGA, UT, FL and Mizzou. Plus, teams like FSU and UT regularly recruit the state. For us to go out of state and recruit top flight players will take a person who is a recruiting madman. We've never had that, but we better get one now. Given a choice, any top coaching candidate would pick UGA over us. But, again, any top coaching candidate would likely pick an ACC or Big 12 school over us because it's an easier path to the playoffs.

I agree with you about Miami. Not having an on campus stadium and the other stuff that is trotted out about them didn't stop them from winning all those national championships. And like you said they can have a national championship caliber team just by recruiting Dade and Broward counties. Although they did well recruiting nationally too.

I don't agree with you about Southern Cal. Look coaches weren't beating down the door to get that job when Carroll took it. And they've had trouble getting their top choice the past few times that job came open.

And to be honest I don't think California talent is as good as it used to be. The demographic transformation has come pretty close to expelling all blacks from California, while the white population is actually declining. The growth groups are asians and hispanics, along with a grab bag of other groups like Iranians. Except for the odd russian going there, none of those groups are really going to produce many great football players.

In short California can't hold a candle to Florida, Texas, or some of the other hotbeds anymore.

My two cents. If I was the hot flavor of the day coach, Southern Cal isn't my cup of tea. I'd rather have your Georgia job honestly.

Fuente or Herman to USC.
Richt to Miami replacing Golden.
Utah coach to SoCal.
Chip Kelly to Md. Why? Nike money brought him from NH to Oregon.
Under Armor money will bring him to College Park from the Iggles.

Kirby Smart leaves Ala for UGA.

Fuente or Herman to USC.
Richt to Miami replacing Golden.
Utah coach to SoCal.
Chip Kelly to Md. Why? Nike money brought him from NH to Oregon.
Under Armor money will bring him to College Park from the Iggles.

Kirby Smart leaves Ala for UGA.
Herman to USC.
Fuente to Miami....with the players they get, they'd love his high power offense.

Urban Cryer and Herman are close...Cryer couldn't take the pressure of the SEC...probably steers Herman another direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT