ADVERTISEMENT

MLB QUESTION

Jbouton2

Jun 27, 2020
I may have missed it, but how will playoff teams be decided if there is a significant difference in games played by teams? I would assume winning % is the way?

Marlins in first place at 2-1 right now. Maybe they can hold on for the NL East title

Reactions: SCexpat38
The plan is to replay the games missed.
It is lunacy to think they will have time under the current schedule, but that was the stated goal. There is very little chance they make it through even a 60 game schedule at this rate, let alone make it to the playoffs...

From what I understand the 1st and 2nd place teams get automatic bids and there will be 2 WC teams as well.
That is all I've seen. What's crazy is a team may play a dozen games less etc, and could qualify. I suppose this would go right along with all the craziness in 2020.

Based off what i have read.Winning Pct. indeed will be included as well. Due to the fact they know not all teams will be playing the same number of games

They will probably have a minimum threshold like they do for stats so that some pinch-hitter who goes 1-1 and hits 1.000 doesn't win the batting title.

IMO they should force Covid teams to forfeit. Then they'll get real.

I may have missed it, but how will playoff teams be decided if there is a significant difference in games played by teams? I would assume winning % is the way?

Reactions: Jbouton2
Marlins in first place at 2-1 right now. Maybe they can hold on for the NL East title

I saw this earlier too. Braves at 7-4 but in 2nd place due to %. However, it also showed that the Marlins were one game BEHIND the Braves. Weird mix there.

Truth is, there are gonna be more asterisks around this season than around the Barry Bonds Home Run record. Even if they do manage to finish the season I don't think that records and titles will be as big a deal as just playing the games to keep the players in shape and to keep the sport alive. Hopefully next year we'll be back to normal and a full season will bring back the excitement.

I saw this earlier too. Braves at 7-4 but in 2nd place due to %. However, it also showed that the Marlins were one game BEHIND the Braves. Weird mix there.

Truth is, there are gonna be more asterisks around this season than around the Barry Bonds Home Run record. Even if they do manage to finish the season I don't think that records and titles will be as big a deal as just playing the games to keep the players in shape and to keep the sport alive. Hopefully next year we'll be back to normal and a full season will bring back the excitement.
3 great stats surrounding the GOAT Barry Bonds
In 2004, he had more total bases than at bats
Also, he had more Intentional walks than swings and misses from 2001-2004.
Bonds had over 1,100 Intentional walks. 688 where the catcher stuck his arm out and over 400 where he was pitched around (didn’t see a strike.
That’s 2 full seasons.

if they had pitched to him, he would have hit 1,000 homers
How about that asterisk.
The best player of all time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT