ADVERTISEMENT

MNF Fires Booger and Tessitore!

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
I'm sure football fans are all broke up over this. What's a game gonna be like without their insightful analysis and spot on exhuberance.

Reactions: rodemi
I'm sure football fans are all broke up over this. What's a game gonna be like without their insightful analysis and spot on exhuberance.
Thought booger and witten were bad when they first started but got better. Booger was much better his second year. Tessitore I can do without

giphy.gif

ColdObviousAntarcticgiantpetrel-max-1mb.gif

6432306675_39928899ba_o.gif

Reactions: Carolina4
Sounds like a leadership issue where they are allowed to keep swinging & missing trying to put the right folks in these positions.....
Not really a Booger or Tess issue,

mans I like Jeff2001’s Booger/Tess references

Reactions: hillstosea
Booger rose too far, too fast. He was really good on the SEC Network. Like a year later, he's on MNF!

Get back to your roots, Boog.

Reactions: mavcock
Man I must be odd, they never realyy bothered me, there are a lot worse and when I watch I’m have it on to see the game not who’s calling it, not the other way around! Always liked Boog., big Meredeth, Namath, even Bradshaw southern boys calling foosball, great concept, throw in some alcohol and you’ve got magic!

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Can't ever beat Cossell, Dandy Don and Frank.

Alex Karus was a one good too. I will never forget the discussion going on about playing on natural grass vs AstroTurf. The question was put before Karus and he said he might be the wrong one to ask because he had never smoked any AstroTurf.

Reactions: classof95#
Man I must be odd, they never realyy bothered me, there are a lot worse and when I watch I’m have it on to see the game not who’s calling it, not the other way around! Always liked Boog., big Meredeth, Namath, even Bradshaw southern boys calling foosball, great concept, throw in some alcohol and you’ve got magic!
I’m with you on the watch. Noticed the difference by watching old games. Not the wall to wall talking in the booth

Who are they going to replace them with? Based on their recent hires I’m guessing Stephen A. Smith, Mike Greenberg, Robin Roberts, and Dan Le Batard. That would check all their boxes.

All I know is boog was lightyears ahead of whitten, he was totally lost! But like i said everyone has an opinion, some are good some not so much! Will be interesting to see who replaces them! Probably the two most popular people they are already paying, football knowledge be damned

Reactions: adcoop
I thought Booger did fine this year. He just got off to a bad start with that weird three man team where they would have Tess and Whitten in the booth with Boog out in the elements freezing trying to give analysis. Booger was, also, not a big-name skill player so I think a lot of people wouldn't give him a chance.

Remember when Dennis Miller was in the booth . You know who would be awesome ... Bill Burr . He’s a big football fan and it would be hilarious. I would tune in just for that .

Reactions: vacock#
Can't ever beat Cossell, Dandy Don and Frank.
I agree. But Keith Jackson got the shaft. His broadcast skills were unquestioned. Frank Gifford had never done play-by-play in his life before Jackson got pushed out to make room for Gifford. In the end, he did a good job, but not Keith Jackson good. But he was an NFL guy so strings got pulled.

I really couldn't tell you who is on Monday Night Football since I do not listen to them. I just watch for myself and pretty much ignore the noise from the broadcast booth.
The only current sportscaster worth listening to is the color commentary by Cris Collingsworth. He is excellent and knows football, unlike most of the other rubes they put on TV.

Who are they going to replace them with? Based on their recent hires I’m guessing Stephen A. Smith, Mike Greenberg, Robin Roberts, and Dan Le Batard. That would check all their boxes.

One option is actually Herbstriet and Fowler, though it seems like that may be option 2 or 3. They wanted Manning or Romo with Al Michaels. They were turned down by all of those.

Booger was entertaining. He tried to be like Romo by predicting the plays before the happened. Only difference was he was NEVER right. It got comical.

I really don’t care who it is as long as they don’t throw someone like Suzy Kolber on there for the movement crowd. I feel bad saying this but I have zero interest in hear her talk football.

Last edited:
Like Romo and liked Booger. Most of the time I mute the sound because most of them aren't worth listening to. They just never STHU and just let viewers enjoy the natural sounds of a FB game.

One option is actually Herbstriet and Fowler, though it seems like that may be option 2 or 3. They wanted Manning or Romo with Al Michaels. They were turned down by all of those.

Booger was entertaining. He tried to be like Romo by predicting the plays before the happened. Only difference was he was NEVER right. It got comical.

I really don’t care who it is as long as they don’t throw someone like Suzy Kolber on there for the movement crowd. I feel bad saying this but I have zero interest in hear her talk football.

Please, no dabo herbstriet!!

Reactions: Carolina4
He was better on the SEC Network than Monday Night Football. Definately better in studio giving opinions than calling a live game in my opinion. The best live game analyst in this era are Tony Romo and was Jon Gruden IMO and anyone else is a level back.

Reactions: titaniumspur

Please not Herbie !! All he would talk about is The University of Pickens County and Saint Dabo.

Knowing ESPN, we will probably have a woman this year. Not that there is anything wrong with that. LOL. Ah, hell. There's plenty wrong with that. :D

Reactions: jerryusc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT