ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp: 2020 run scheme will be "drastically different"

The run game will look good after the first two games. We are playing Coastal then East Carolina so we will look good on the ground. And that will get everybody riled up, and talking about our new backs like they’re the next Lattimore or Mike Davis. Then we have Missouri for the third game and Kentucky the fourth, the Wildcats will let us know how good our Backfield is gonna be for real.

Appalachian State says hello

USCALUMNI

If he hasn't already, Ray needs to tell Will to stay so far from offensive meetings that he forgets what Bobo's voice sounds like. He also needs to stop trying to manage time near the end of half and 4th qtr. He sucks at it.
He needs to be locked out of those meetings and have his headset taken from him in games when our offense is on the field.

Maybe we get a "Get Back" coach to keep Boom away from the offense.

Crazy. I admire your optimism, but I'm expecting either 5-7 or 6-6 next season. I think 6-6 is cautiously optimistic, but I honestly can't see a better record than 7-5, but my worst case scenario is 3-9. I'm predicting a really ugly season starting with Florida, since of the Gamecocks' last 8 games, 6 teams are more talented recruiting-wise and at least 5 have better coaching staffs (I'd say the jury is still out on Pruitt).

I'm seeing:
vs. Coastal Carolina - W
vs. East Carolina - W
vs. Missouri - Complete toss-up, this might decide if SCar goes bowling
@ Kentucky - Tossup (I'll predict a W)
@ Florida - L
vs. Tennessee - Tossup (but I predict an L)
vs. A&M - L
@ Vandy - W
vs. UGA - Bad L
@ LSU - Bad L
vs. Wofford - W
@ Clemson - Bad L

Pretty much agree with post. Problem is that with 6-6, they slip into some jack leg bowl, and all the while Ray is bragging about how that will show improvement, and program is on the right path. When in fact this team could win 6, but because of the easier OOC games could actually not be as good as last years team. I know it doesn't happen, but for Champ to keep his job if I were AD would be to show consistent gains made against the teams on the schedule that you actually need to beat to accomplish anything. I could care less about beating the Vandys, and Kentucky, of the world and bowling in Charlotte.

Muskrat knows he'll be safe with a. 7 - 9 win season this season and seasons to come. He is not able to scheme for a SEC championship caliber team. He is safe at USC especially with Tanner at the helm.

I think that's right. I don't see much argument for the team being better this year than last. QB will be good but not phenomenal. I'd be surprised if Lloyd is ready to start with no spring practice. I'd expect Harris to start, but I don't think any of the current backs will be better than Dowdle and Feaster (yet). Wideout should be worse, since Edwards, Markway, and Dowdle were like 70% of passing production. The offensive line will be basically the same, so okay, but not great. Defense has more depth than the past couple of seasons, so it will be decent, but I guess it will still be middle of the road for the SEC, unless both Pickens and Burch are ready and explode. But I think it's fairly likely the team will be worse than last year but have a better record, since no UNC or App State (and avoiding the blowouts in the first part of the season. Confidence helps.).

Do you see 9 wins?
I do not unfortunately...7 is a stretch.

Reactions: Brace1
The best we can hope out of Muschamp is that he gets us to a consistent 7 wins so that when we do fire him, we can attract somebody decent who doesn't think he is taking over a complete dumpster fire.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT