ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Murphy

So this kid will be a Juco, if he even makes it to Not Carolina he will have a better chance of graduating from their school with the special classes for athletes that they provide. I do not see a big loss here for us. I do have to question the kid's comments about our staff since he said so many nice things about them in the past. He will likely never see the field playing for a major college, so what did we really lose here?

Reactions: tngamecock#
We need to worry about winning games period . If we crap the bed this year , like last year of course guys like Doty, Lloyd and Tank are going somewhere else . Top recruits wanna play for top programs . We can’t cry and moan when great local kids choose to go to better programs . Start beating some of your competitors . Honestly , if I’m a 5 star recruit in SC and I watched the Belk Bowl there’s no chance in Hell i’m committing for 2020 until I see this team take a big step forward next year .
The truth is, beating Virginia should not be a gauge of success for the Cocks. The game was really a no win situation. If we had won, everyone would have just thought that we should have won.
It's paradoxical to say we can not win without the stars, and stars will not come until we win. It seems UNC is recruiting very well without the winning piece. I predict they will be in the 10-11 win per season in a couple of years.

So this kid will be a Juco, if he even makes it to Not Carolina he will have a better chance of graduating from their school with the special classes for athletes that they provide. I do not see a big loss here for us. I do have to question the kid's comments about our staff since he said so many nice things about them in the past. He will likely never see the field playing for a major college, so what did we really lose here?
Respond please with specific special classes UNC provides for athletes. AFAM courses taken by athletes, and even in greater numbers by non-athletes, were discontinued in 2011. What courses has UNC offered since 2011 that would substantiate your “matter-of-fact” claim. (I really do not expect an honest reply, but another balderdash tangent instead.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Sounds like you guys better re-recruit your WR from Dudley...

Four-star wide receiver Mike Wyman, Murphy’s teammate at Dudley, is committed to South Carolina.

“We’re going to get him,” Murphy said.

Also sounds like Dudley is going to have one heck of a team this year.
He said today that he is not going to UNC.

A team recruits you heavily and it's ok to go to your home school, but don't try to stick it to them by going out and saying you're going to get a recruit to flip that's been a USC commit for a while. Low action.

A team recruits you heavily and it's ok to go to your home school, but don't try to stick it to them by going out and saying you're going to get a recruit to flip that's been a USC commit for a while. Low action.
You might need thicker skin when it comes to recruiting. These kids are 16 and 17 years old and they all say stuff like this. Absolutely no big deal at all.

The truth is, beating Virginia should not be a gauge of success for the Cocks. The game was really a no win situation. If we had won, everyone would have just thought that we should have won.
It's paradoxical to say we can not win without the stars, and stars will not come until we win. It seems UNC is recruiting very well without the winning piece. I predict they will be in the 10-11 win per season in a couple of years.
Disagree. It was not a no win situation. It’s about being competitive and giving full effort. You can build on a close loss where you try as hard as you can.

Respond please with specific special classes UNC provides for athletes. AFAM courses taken by athletes, and even in greater numbers by non-athletes, were discontinued in 2011. What courses has UNC offered since 2011 that would substantiate your “matter-of-fact” claim. (I really do not expect an honest reply, but another balderdash tangent instead.

There was a hole investigation about it. The NCAA did nothing about it, do you really believe that things really have changed up there?

There was a hole investigation about it. The NCAA did nothing about it, do you really believe that things really have changed up there?
The President of the University was replaced. The AFAM Department Head was fired. The person (Secretary) who was the primary culprit is gone. The AFAM program has been shut down. Strong Provost oversight is now in place. No, Hater, nothing has been changed “up there”.

Yes, I am worried about Murphy to UCheat and Tank, Lloyd, and Doty to dawgs or Bama (or other SEC West schools). After seeing that a group of them were visiting SEC schools west of us, has put a scare in me. We can not possibly lost any of them. I sure hope we can keep Burch in Columbia. Losing Walker is tough enough and now we may lose more. Please say "it ain't so".

I share your concerns. In typical SC fashion we will end up with 2 of the 5 and 3 replacements that everyone will say are "just as good."

The five I am talking about are Murphy, Bigsby, Burch, Tisdol and Grimes.
I'm really, really, really hoping Tank ends up in Athens. I think he's underrated, if that's possible at 29. He's a beast and would be amazing behind our OL.

Reactions: Gradstudent
Since Murphy committed to UNC, we should lock this thread...it just keeps UNC fans on our board...he selected them, lets move on....why engage them...We can engage them later in the summer before our game in Charlotte...
Why don’t you just refrain from reading this thread. Or are you promoting censureship?

Reactions: Zann77
Disagree. It was not a no win situation. It’s about being competitive and giving full effort. You can build on a close loss where you try as hard as you can.
I'll see your "disagree" and disagree with your last sentence. Building on close losses may be done in Pop Warner league, but I don't think it can help in major college football.

Two crystal ball predictions for UNC in the last few days. Before that it was all USC. Should we be concerned?
Not sure, coming off a 28-0 beatdown by UVA does not instill a lot of confidence. Best guess. UNC 27 USC 35. I hope the offense finds some type of rhythm, performance of players vs uva was horrible.

Clemson DB McMichael was a four-star prospect and the nation's No. 8-ranked cornerback and has transferred to UNC.

Cocks are lucky to get UNC before they start rolling out all 4-5*guys.

Heels will struggle this year.
M Brown will do his best but not sure he’s young enough for the rebuild

Reactions: 81USC
Heels will struggle this year.
M Brown will do his best but not sure he’s young enough for the rebuild

Agree on the struggle, the Heels are very young at several key positions, starting with the QB's. Should be much better at the end of the year after they gain some experience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT