ADVERTISEMENT

New record number of Covid cases today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SC running about 8-9 days ahead of US on this wave. Everyone excited US deaths down. Watch out. SC deaths may be a sign of things to come nationally. I hope not.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
This brings the total number of confirmed cases to 43,260, probable cases to 126, confirmed deaths to 806, and 7 probable deaths.

Thirteen of the deaths occurred in elderly individuals from Charleston (1), Chester (1), Florence (1), Georgetown (1), Horry (3), Lexington (3), Orangeburg (1), Richland (1), and Spartanburg (1) counties; six of the deaths occurred in middle aged individuals from Berkeley (1), Dorchester (1), Horry (1), Laurens (1), Newberry (1), and Sumter (1) counties.

The probable death occurred in an individual whose age category is still being determined from Beaufort (1) county.

How South Carolinians Can Stop the Spread
Evidence is increasing about the high rates of infection in people who do not have symptoms and don’t know they are infectious. This places everyone at risk of getting the virus or unknowingly transmitting it to someone else. Steps we can take to protect ourselves and others include:

• Practicing social distancing (Check)
  • Wearing a mask in public (Give me Liberty or Give me COVID)
  • Avoiding group gatherings ( Example the "Peaceful" Protest we saw in Columbia and Charleston)
  • Regularly washing your hands (Check), (Check)
  • Staying home if sick (Check), (Check), (Check)
https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/new-record-number-of-covid-cases-today.333343/

https://www.scdhec.gov/sites/defaul..._Onset_First_Speciman_Collection-7_3_2020.png

COVID19-Illness_Onset_First_Speciman_Collection-7_3_2020.png

Surely you understand that it is not the death total that is the mitigating factor here? It's hospitals that cannot keep up, and people with other illnesses that can't be treated or won't seek treatment because of Covid.

Surely you understand that it is not the death total that is the mitigating factor here? It's hospitals that cannot keep up, and people with other illnesses that can't be treated or won't seek treatment because of Covid.

How South Carolinians Can Stop the Spread
Evidence is increasing about the high rates of infection in people who do not have symptoms and don’t know they are infectious. This places everyone at risk of getting the virus or unknowingly transmitting it to someone else. Steps we can take to protect ourselves and others include:

• Practicing social distancing (Check)
  • Wearing a mask in public (Give me Liberty or Give me COVID)
  • Avoiding group gatherings ( Example the "Peaceful" Protest we saw in Columbia and Charleston)
  • Regularly washing your hands (Check), (Check)
  • Staying home if sick (Check), (Check), (Check)
Maybe the folks should have though of that when they had their "peaceful" protest in the last month of looting, riots and bring down statues; and then going home to their parents and seeing friends and spreading their germs...

When I go shopping in grocery stores, social distancing (been doing that for years anyway), wash my hands at all times and I don't wear a mask, it keeps me from touching my face with dirty hands...

You can actually make it worse by putting on your mask and taking it off, because people forget to clean their hands when taking off the mask when entering or leaving stores...

And any one who is sick and go out are just plan douchebags!!!

By mid-July cases should come down...

Reactions: Expro19
Nope. They don't understand. Just wait until they need hospital services and can't get in because they're at capacity. Then they'll figure it out... its already happening in Charleston.

Available hospital beds is key stat. Same as it was in original lock down.

Positive tests are marginally useful info, as hundreds are re-testing over and over, to finally get a negative result and return to work from quarantine. The results are higher than actual number of individuals tested.

Death rate is in the middle for usefulness. 20 deaths a day with half empty hospitals, is better than 1 death a day and every hospital at capacity, months on end.

Reactions: Lurker123
Exactly why is that? And where are these people being tested? SC with a running total of 450k tests so far. Evidently 1/3 of all SC already has it.

Instead of debating it now come back and see me in 2 weeks. What data do you have to suggest it’ll be anything but higher? We’ve done such a good job of slowing the spread here.

Just go to the DHEC web site and look at the numbers from 2 weeks ago, 4 weeks ago, 6 weeks ago....could be a pattern.

Exactly why is that? And where are these people being tested? SC with a running total of 450k tests so far. Evidently 1/3 of all SC already has it.

We will be over 30 SC deaths a day by mid July. We have had 100 deaths the last six days.

I don't know how many times people have to be told this. Deaths lag infections by two-three weeks. Therefore, with high infections now, you will have higher deaths in due time. And over 600000- 1000000 SC peeps have been infected - ballpark estimate. That's still only a little over 12-20% of the population. If 20% of those get sick, and 2% die that's 2400. Only a third of the way there right now.

I like the President, but hitching his wagon to deaths being down across the country is not smart. They will be down a few more days, then it could get bad. Probably over 2000 a day by July 22nd. If not, then South Carolina has a unique, very bad problem with it's death rate.

They will be down a few more days, then it could get bad. Probably over 2000 a day by July 22nd. If not, then South Carolina has a unique, very bad problem with it's death rate.
43% of those fatalities from the initial spike in the NE were those in care facilities. If the CV is kept out of those places, the fatality rate will be lower.
This will also likely cause a wider spread over age groups since the 20-44 group is now where most of this is happening.

We will be over 30 SC deaths a day by mid July. We have had 100 deaths the last six days.

I don't know how many times people have to be told this. Deaths lag infections by two-three weeks. Therefore, with high infections now, you will have higher deaths in due time. And over 600000- 1000000 SC peeps have been infected - ballpark estimate. That's still only a little over 12-20% of the population. If 20% of those get sick, and 2% die that's 2400. Only a third of the way there right now.

I like the President, but hitching his wagon to deaths being down across the country is not smart. They will be down a few more days, then it could get bad. Probably over 2000 a day by July 22nd. If not, then South Carolina has a unique, very bad problem with it's death rate.
You have to have a base of unprotected elderly or a group of people with underlying conditions. I don't see this virus killing healthy people. We have treatments and medicines to limit the virus effect. So guessing what will happen is that, guessing.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Nope. They don't understand. Just wait until they need hospital services and can't get in because they're at capacity. Then they'll figure it out... its already happening in Charleston.
Do you think since the protests all over the country that started 2 to 3 weeks ago has anything to do with all these spikes all over the country .. Approximately 14 days ago millions were on the streets all over the country and now all these spikes

Instead of debating it now come back and see me in 2 weeks. What data do you have to suggest it’ll be anything but higher? We’ve done such a good job of slowing the spread here.

Just go to the DHEC web site and look at the numbers from 2 weeks ago, 4 weeks ago, 6 weeks ago....could be a pattern.
The US had the fewest deaths today (254) since March 23rd (3 months and 10 days) in spite of the big spike in new daily cases over 15 days ago. This is very positive news and evidence that the increased testing is showing a lot more people had the virus sooner than thought and it has a lower fatality rate than previously thought. It could also be that the medical community has begun using hydroxychloroquine earlier in treatment resulting in fewer deaths as shown by the Henry Ford Health System study.

The US had the fewest deaths today (254) since March 23rd (3 months and 10 days) in spite of the big spike in new daily cases over 15 days ago. This is very positive news and evidence that the increased testing is showing a lot more people had the virus sooner than thought and it has a lower fatality rate than previously thought. It could also be that the medical community has begun using hydroxychloroquine earlier in treatment resulting in fewer deaths as shown by the Henry Ford Health System study.
I certainly hope you are right about the Hyd, that would help. As for spikes, the ten day US avg of cases fell to a low of 22000 on May 31, then dipped even further to 21700 on June 10th. On June 20th, 14 days ago, it went to 26277. I would agree that's a spike and it's starting to get into the time frame of cases/deaths. But on 6/30, it spiked to 39439. Right now, the July 10th period is averaging 51941 a day. As someone said, I'm just guessing. But I don't like those numbers. And if there is not an increase, good, but that suggests we have a real problem here in SC because deaths are way up.

There was always going to be a spike after the lockdowns were lifted. Fauci's model showed it but he only showed part of his model run and not the whole run.There isn't a vaccine so herd immunity must be reached which is 66-70% of the population.

So this is crazy ... I have a buddy who got diagnosed a few days ago , He’s super sick and says it’s like the worst flu imaginable. When he went to the hospital they sent him home because they are only treating “Critical cases”. Crazy . He’s kinda miffed on what to do

So this is crazy ... I have a buddy who got diagnosed a few days ago , He’s super sick and says it’s like the worst flu imaginable. When he went to the hospital they sent him home because they are only treating “Critical cases”. Crazy . He’s kinda miffed on what to do
Wait a minute. You mean a hospital wouldn’t take the huge bonus payment for just treating a COVID patient?

In all seriousness at this point what he needs to do is pray he doesn’t become a “Critical Case.“

As stated by another poster deaths are up in this state and that’s a problem. In addition, there are a lot of people that are not dead but they are not the same after coronavirus. Deaths in one day over the course of months is completely random and cannot be viewed as a trend. I’m glad you can find the ray of light but it’s a little harder for me when I know people fighting this virus in hospitals right now.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I certainly hope you are right about the Hyd, that would help. As for spikes, the ten day US avg of cases fell to a low of 22000 on May 31, then dipped even further to 21700 on June 10th. On June 20th, 14 days ago, it went to 26277. I would agree that's a spike and it's starting to get into the time frame of cases/deaths. But on 6/30, it spiked to 39439. Right now, the July 10th period is averaging 51941 a day. As someone said, I'm just guessing. But I don't like those numbers. And if there is not an increase, good, but that suggests we have a real problem here in SC because deaths are way up.
On June 19th we spiked above 30,000 new daily cases for the first time since May 1st. That has been 15 days with no correlation of increases daily deaths. The peak daily deaths actually happened on April 21st which was 3 days prior to the initial peak in new daily cases on April 24th. This points to a lot more Americans having Covid than originally thought. Most likely the peak new cases happened in early April. This perceived incresed second wave is a result of orders of magnitude greater testing. One thing is certain if within 5 days the daily deaths doesn’t significantly increase the staus quo has changed.

As stated by another poster deaths are up in this state and that’s a problem. In addition, there are a lot of people that are not dead but they are not the same after coronavirus. Deaths in one day over the course of months is completely random and cannot be viewed as a trend. I’m glad you can find the ray of light but it’s a little harder for me when I know people fighting this virus in hospitals right now.
Daily deaths is very much dependent on number of people with active infections. There is definitely a plottable downward trend in daily deaths that began on May 7th which has continued through today. This isn’t me trying to find a ray of light this is statistical observation.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Wait a minute. You mean a hospital wouldn’t take the huge bonus payment for just treating a COVID patient?

In all seriousness at this point what he needs to do is pray he doesn’t become a “Critical Case.“

Yeah how crazy is that . So their solution was “Stay home and if you feel like you’re gonna die in the next hour or two come on down”. It’s just insane .

Daily deaths is very much dependent on number of people with active infections. There is definitely a plottable downward trend in daily deaths that began on May 7th which has continued through today. This isn’t me trying to find a ray of light this is statistical observation.
You guys must be doing like me and tracking this thing in depth. Always impressed by the knowledge I see on this board. By 7/11 we will be above 1000 deaths US a day. Saturday's reporting lacked many locales that just did not report for the holiday. By Monday that will be in. But, pay close attention end of the week. That will tell a story one way or the other.

Since people do not die immediately from Covid, many times the deaths are tied to cases several weeks or a month ago.

You can continue with your plots, charts data and sunshine and pump that to the 132,000 Americans that had a 100% death rate from it.

Do you think since the protests all over the country that started 2 to 3 weeks ago has anything to do with all these spikes all over the country .. Approximately 14 days ago millions were on the streets all over the country and now all these spikes
The spikes are mirroring the protests? Every city the had protests are now enduring spikes? How about DC....they got spikes? Seattle?

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
Daily deaths is very much dependent on number of people with active infections.
It's also dependent on what % of those infected are high risk and/or in high risk situations.
If we keep the virus out of elderly and disabled care facilities, the rates will be noticeably lower.

Reactions: cadcock
There weren't "millions" in the streets in Greenville, Columbia or Charleston. And looking at the pictures the majority had a mask on. I'd speculate the millions in SC Walmart's every day with no mask are contributing to the spike. Along with northerners coming to our state, refusing to wear masks. Locals refusing to wear masks, not practicing social distancing.

You have to have a base of unprotected elderly or a group of people with underlying conditions. I don't see this virus killing healthy people. We have treatments and medicines to limit the virus effect. So guessing what will happen is that, guessing.
Except, a local, well known man, with no underlying conditions died from it. Healthy people in their 30's and 40's dying from it. The State had an article about the man that passed. You probably missed it since it wasn't on fox news.

The spikes are mirroring the protests? Every city the had protests are now enduring spikes? How about DC....they got spikes? Seattle?
Gotta get those talking points in. Can't miss a good opportunity to politicize the virus spread.

Since people do not die immediately from Covid, many times the deaths are tied to cases several weeks or a month ago.

You can continue with your plots, charts data and sunshine and pump that to the 132,000 Americans that had a 100% death rate from it.
I’m sorry that stats unsettle you, life must be difficult.

Reactions: TheReelEss
He needs to get as much cardio exercise as he can. He won't feel like it, but it will keep the virus from attaching to the alveoli in his lungs. This is from a doctor.

I was in Kroger yesterday - the one on Two Notch out in the NE area of Columbia yesterday afternoon. Everyone had on a mask except this one woman. She wasn't bothering anyone, but if she has been exposed she was putting other people at risk.

More and more evidence points to "superspreaders" as the reason for the spike. Some people shed more of the virus while symptom free. Sometimes they don't even get sick.

I guess we are going to have to just "live with it." And, in some cases, die with it.

The leftists want doom and gloom because it suits their purpose. Healthy people dying is rare rather than the normal that roller man portrays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT