ADVERTISEMENT

Next year 40 wins and host. That’s the bar

Yep. Hope he doesn't relish too long in this loss, we expect to be back next year. And the year after. And the year after. Welcome to the big time with big time expectations and a trophy case that shows why we have those expectations.

Reactions: jonesz21
Might be some growing pains early on with all the position players we lose, but I have a lot of faith in this coaching staff with player development.

It's the end of year one and it's hard not to be pleased with the direction of the program. You couldn't say that these past few years.

I think a reasonable goal for next year is more focused on play than results. I'm not sure what next year's talent-situation will be. Hopefully, with one more year of recruiting the 2020 team will be ready to return to near-top. That's the good thing about USC baseball...we are a destination for plenty of talented kids. If Kingston and staff are good recruiters (and coaches...can't forget Chad) we will be really good again in 2 or 3 years, tops.

Development will be crucial but I think we have the right coach to get it done. We loose a lot of offensive production and the top 2 weekend starters (assuming Hill and Morris sign), but new offensive stars should emerge along with the pitching depth returning
40 wins should be expected moving forward

Reactions: sadd66
I think we raised the bar pretty high this year which met all my goals. I’m not sure we’ll be 1 game away from Omaha next year, but I’ll be happy if we make it to SRs again.

Great turn around to the season. So we must find something to complain about.
Next year we better do this and we better do that.

Reactions: atl-cock
Pitching is the way back to the promise land. Morris was Mr consistency. He will be missed. Hill always had the stuff to win, but you never knew if/when he was going to lose it. In general we had a shot with him on the mound.

After that it got shaky. I thought Logan Chapman gave us something on Friday nights but evidently it wasn’t valued in the postseason. I think Mlodzinski will develop into a good pitcher, but they were a little too fond of him as a freshman.

We either need some guys to develop into starters or recruit them to build on this seasons success

Some of you are kidding, right? I honestly believe that we won't come close to having a .500 record in SEC play next year considering we're losing (not loosing) most of the starting line-up. That's not even considering the pitching depletion, from a very average staff. We'll find out what kind of a teaching and recruiting staff we actually have in Kingston & Co. in the 2020 season.

Some of you are kidding, right? I honestly believe that we won't come close to having a .500 record in SEC play next year considering we're losing (not loosing) most of the starting line-up. That's not even considering the pitching depletion, from a very average staff. We'll find out what kind of a teaching and recruiting staff we actually have in Kingston & Co. in the 2020 season.
WRONG!

We are losing a ton of talent and players combined with getting whacked by the draft. I would moderate my expectations for next year. I feel good about the program going forward though.

UMMM, yes, but I expect this team to get past the Regionals EVERY Year, their goal should be NO LESS than Omaha..
Regionals were introduced in 1975. We have made it through regionals 18 times. That is a 42% clip. Your "expectations" are extremely unreasonable.

We are losing a ton of talent and players combined with getting whacked by the draft. I would moderate my expectations for next year. I feel good about the program going forward though.

Agreed! I feel good about the program's future under Kingston because of what he showed us this year.

Next year, we will indeed have lost a ton of talent and experience; We lose the top 5 on this list, not to mention Hill, Cortes, and Demurias (I think?). Like I said in another thread, we're going to find out what kind of coach CMK is next year!

We lose quite a bit. Holbrook left us with a very thin pitching staff this season and we still need to develop some arms. Some of the position players really came on at the end of the year but I do feel most are replaceable. I believe our goal should always be Omaha. But this is still a pretty massive rebuild Kingston has ahead of him, if for no other reason the pitching staff. Missing the postseason would always be and should be disappointing. Making the postseason is a reasonable expectation for next season. Anything else more than that would be impressive in my opinion.

Development will be crucial but I think we have the right coach to get it done. We loose a lot of offensive production and the top 2 weekend starters (assuming Hill and Morris sign), but new offensive stars should emerge along with the pitching depth returning
40 wins should be expected moving forward
Kingston and staff will get it done. Dude is a winner.

Yeah, with all the talent and experience we have returning we should have really high expectations for next season.

Oh wait...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT