ADVERTISEMENT

No ceiling for the Gamecocks

Whose fault is it that we have a completely unknown offense?

Its year 4, any issues with the team fall squarely on Beamer.

You're living in the old mindset Watson. This isn't a four-year thing anymore with us.

We lose players because of money and have to scramble to try to fill those needs each year now.

Let's walk this through.

In 2021, Beamer exceeded most expectations and was a finalist for Steve Spurrier First-Year Coach of the Year.

In 2022, he beat two top ten teams, broke the Clemson drought in Clemson, and finished 8-5. One of our better seasons ever.

In 2023, he lost 4 of his 5 best returning players who were instrumental to the success in 2022 and finished under par.

Three of these players were lost because we couldn't pay them enough money in the new system that our best coach in history has stated is almost impossible for teams like South Carolina.

To spite the new rigged system and lack of funding versus his main competition, Beamer is two wins from the best ever.

Please explain that logic again?
You've convinced me. We have a top notch staff led by a top notch head coach. I feel so much better.

You've convinced me. We have a top notch staff led by a top notch head coach. I feel so much better.

And this is where you argument once again falls apart.

I think he can be goofy behind the mic.

I also think he'll probably be gone in 5 years.

But that's not relevant today.

There's no good argument whatsoever for why he should go as of now.

You're living in the old mindset Watson. This isn't a four-year thing anymore with us.

We lose players because of money and have to scramble to try to fill those needs each year now.

First, you haven’t proven we are losing players solely because of money.

Secondly, again if Beamer can’t be successful in the current system that means we need another coach who can be successful in the current system.

First, you haven’t proven we are losing players solely because of money.

Secondly, again if Beamer can’t be successful in the current system that means we need another coach who can be successful in the current system.

You are gasping. Why do we only seem to lose our best players? When has this otherwise happened in history? Could it be because they've earned their way to a larger paycheck elsewhere in the new system?

Beamer has been successful though in the context of our history and he's done it in spite of the fact we can't produce the funds of other schools. This makes no sense.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
You are gasping. Why do we only seem to lose our best players? When has this otherwise happened in history? Could it be because they've earned their way to a larger paycheck elsewhere in the new system?
You’re making an assumption. It very well could be that the better players want to play on better teams with better coaches.
Beamer has been successful though in the context of our history and he's done it in spite of the fact we can't produce the funds of other schools. This makes no sense.

He’s been less successful than the prior coach who got fired…. You are grasping.

You’re making an assumption. It very well could be that the better players want to play on better teams with better coaches.

He’s been less successful than the prior coach who got fired…. You are grasping.

So what's the whole NIL about in the first place? You honestly believe players are hopping around schools trying to find the best fit of coaches for them? Comeon.

Muschamp got fired because of Season 4 and Season 5.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
So what's the whole NIL about in the first place? You honestly believe players are hopping around schools trying to find the best fit of coaches for them? Comeon.

Juice Wells already stated he turned down more money to stay so he could play in a better offense with a proven QB. So yes, players are choosing coaches and teams over pure money.

Muschamp got fired because of Season 4 and Season 5.

And Muschamp had a better season 3 than Beamer. Not looking good for Beamer.

Who do you go get if Shane doesn’t turn it around?
It's impossible for me to give names. I would hope that the hiring authorities would look for a young, proven, successful, offensive-minded Head Coach from a low tier FBS school. In the meantime, I am pulling hard for Beamer.

Juice Wells already stated he turned down more money to stay so he could play in a better offense with a proven QB. So yes, players are choosing coaches and teams over pure money.

And Muschamp had a better season 3 than Beamer. Not looking good for Beamer.

You mean Ole Miss's high-paid QB with the private jet contract?

Maybe he did turn down a few extra dollars to have a better dealer.

You mean Ole Miss's high-paid QB with the private jet contract?

Maybe he did turn down a few extra dollars to have a better dealer.

When did Wells say he took less money at Ole Miss? All I've seen him say is that he wanted to play with another top QB because Rattler was leaving.

Reactions: Ward Jr
I trusted Watson's info on the matter. Watson, let's see that link.

I'm not saying the comment from Wells doesn't exist, but I've never heard him say that. I did hear him say that Rattler leaving was a big factor and that he wanted to play with a highly experienced QB. Dart is going into his 4th year as starter at Ole Miss. No way we could offer someone of that experience with Rattler being here the last 2 years.

Reactions: Ward Jr
I'm not hoping this happens but if Beamer keeps missing bowl games (could very well happen) then Ray has no choice but to let him go. That's the very least Beamer should be accomplishing. If we can't win 6+ games per season in year 4 then there's a major issue with the direction of the program.

I'm not hoping this happens but if Beamer keeps missing bowl games (could very well happen) then Ray has no choice but to let him go. That's the very least Beamer should be accomplishing. If we can't win 6+ games per season in year 4 then there's a major issue with the direction of the program.
It would be a bad thing if we fail to make a bowl in season 4. So I agree with you. I just don't see not making a bowl happening. We have 4 gimmes. Beyond that, we have beaten Kentucky in the past 2 years. Then just need one more. We beat Texas A&M and Clemson in Year 2. Why should we not beat one of them in Year 4? And maybe it's just me, but I'm not convinced about Missouri being as good as they were last year.. Their first 3 years under Drinkwitz were nothing to write home about. Was last year a fluke? It's not that I think Missouri won't be good. I just think we will be too, good enough to beat them at home. The bottom line is I see no way we won't make a bowl. All that being said, I agree with you that if we don't, "there's a major issue with the direction of the program".

It would be a bad thing if we fail to make a bowl in season 4. So I agree with you. I just don't see not making a bowl happening. We have 4 gimmes. Beyond that, we have beaten Kentucky in the past 2 years. Then just need one more. We beat Texas A&M and Clemson in Year 2. Why should we not beat one of them in Year 4? And maybe it's just me, but I'm not convinced about Missouri being as good as they were last year.. Their first 3 years under Drinkwitz were nothing to write home about. Was last year a fluke? It's not that I think Missouri won't be good. I just think we will be too, good enough to beat them at home. The bottom line is I see no way we won't make a bowl. All that being said, I agree with you that if we don't, "there's a major issue with the direction of the program".
The major issues are money, a freshman offense, and a tortuous schedule. Our best team in history would be lucky to break even this year in the SEC.

So the gamecocks are going to be better with a new starting quarterback and Missouri returns theirs and Beamer is a better coach than Drinkwitz who is an offensive play caller and Beamer is what? Have beaten the Aggies once and the Tigers once in a decade and somehow this team coming off a 5-7 season is got momentum going into this season so look out for the gamecocks. I’ve seen this before and it didn’t turnout so well.

Two missed bowl games in a row would be devastating, if it were to actually happen.

I just think he gets a fifth year. I've seen people say he needs as long as muschamp got as a reason, and I can buy that. But I just don't see Ray pulling the trigger this soon.

You want to know what else bothers me? Who is hiring our next coach IF this goes south. The same guy who thought muschamp and Beamer were good ideas.

So the gamecocks are going to be better with a new starting quarterback and Missouri returns theirs and Beamer is a better coach than Drinkwitz who is an offensive play caller and Beamer is what? Have beaten the Aggies once and the Tigers once in a decade and somehow this team coming off a 5-7 season is got momentum going into this season so look out for the gamecocks. I’ve seen this before and it didn’t turnout so well.

You have to forgive Stock. He's a hopeless optimistic. Except when he's a doom and gloomer. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecock stock
I'm just agreeing with sclawman77. Why are you taking me to task, rather than him?

Reactions: sclawman77
The major issues are money, a freshman offense, and a tortuous schedule. Our best team in history would be lucky to break even this year in the SEC.
Not that you don't make good points. You do. But I have always been high on our DC Clayton White. I believe our defense will surprise. The question mark in my mind IS the offense. I am not sold on Loggains. Are you? The schedule is not easy. But rarely in the SEC will it be easy. We have to win anyway.

Two missed bowl games in a row would be devastating, if it were to actually happen.

I just think he gets a fifth year. I've seen people say he needs as long as muschamp got as a reason, and I can buy that. But I just don't see Ray pulling the trigger this soon.

You want to know what else bothers me? Who is hiring our next coach IF this goes south. The same guy who thought muschamp and Beamer were good ideas.
Spot on. Muschamp is definitely on Tanner. Regarding Beamer, have heard that he might have been a Board of Trustee hire, more so than Tanner.

Not that you don't make good points. You do. But I have always been high on our DC Clayton White. I believe our defense will surprise. The question mark in my mind IS the offense. I am not sold on Loggains. Are you? The schedule is not easy. But rarely in the SEC will it be easy. We have to win anyway.
The defense typically doesn't score points though and we've never had a schedule like this before. To be successful, we're not only going to need a brand new QB to take on 7 of the top teams in the country and perform well. We also need brand new receivers and new brand RBs to do that too and be on the same page as the brand new QB. That's a very tall order.

Anyone who has played sports knows that you can bring in high-quality players but there's still going to be a big learning curve for most of them in that first season on the field. Unfortunately for us, we're having to bring in new skill players for the first year now and hope they don't walk out the door at the end of the season. However, that's what is happening in many positions so you're having first year growing pains over and over again. I'm optimistic there will be changes to college football in the near future, but right now we're not in a good position at all.

Last edited:
The defense typically doesn't score points though and we've never had a schedule like this before. To be successful, we're not only going to need a brand new QB to take on 7 of the top teams in the country and perform well. We also need brand new receivers and new brand RBs to do that too and be on the same page as the brand new QB. That's a very tall order.

Anyone who has played sports knows that you can bring in high-quality players but there's still going to be a big learning curve for most of them in that first season on the field. Unfortunately for us, we're having to bring in new skill players for the first year now and hope they don't walk out the door at the end of the season. However, that's what is happening right now in many positions so you're having first year growing pains over and over again. I'm optimistic there will be changes to college football in the near future, but right now we're not in a good position at all.
it will be a most interesting season, to say the least. I hope you are right about changes to college football in the near future. A recent change increasing the number of scholarships though is not good for us nor for programs like us.

Muschamp got one losing season. Not sure why Beamer would deserve two.

It will be a very difficult year. Going to any bowl game is a win.

Beamer isn't going anywhere.

Muschamp got one losing season. Not sure why Beamer would deserve two.

Muschamp had no leeway. His personality was awful. He disrespected people when they asked him any question that was mildly questioning of the team, and his act had long worn thin with everyone above him.

Beamer has much more despite what you and a few on here say. He'll get this year and he'll get next year to see what he can do.

Muschamp had no leeway. His personality was awful. He disrespected people when they asked him any question that was mildly questioning of the team, and his act had long worn thin with everyone above him.

Beamer has much more despite what you and a few on here say. He'll get this year and he'll get next year to see what he can do.

lol comparing how people feel about Muschamp after he was fired versus how people feel about Beamer before being fired.

You just can’t help yourself with illogical positions.

People will hate Beamer more than they hate Muschamp once Beamer is fired. His antics and calling out the fans while being a subpar coach are insufferable if you’re being objective.

lol comparing how people feel about Muschamp after he was fired versus how people feel about Beamer before being fired.

You just can’t help yourself with illogical positions.

People will hate Beamer more than they hate Muschamp once Beamer is fired. His antics and calling out the fans while being a subpar coach are insufferable if you’re being objective.
As I correctly stated, Muschamp had no leeway. His personality was awful. He disrespected people when they asked him any question that was mildly questioning of the team, and his act had long worn thin with everyone above him.

Beamer has much more leeway despite what you and a few on here say. He'll get this year and he'll get next year to see what he can do.

Nothing you say will change that fact. You can post a million posts about it and be laughed at the entire time because nothing you post matters any at all.

Beamer isn't going anywhere this year and you can cry like a 2-year old and stomp your feet and whine about it like a snowflake, but it isn't changing anything except generating laughter at your sensitivities.

Whatever you post in response (I'm headed out to the water), - this post of mine will suffice as a response to anything you post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT