ADVERTISEMENT

No ceiling for the Gamecocks

lol comparing how people feel about Muschamp after he was fired versus how people feel about Beamer before being fired.

You just can’t help yourself with illogical positions.

People will hate Beamer more than they hate Muschamp once Beamer is fired. His antics and calling out the fans while being a subpar coach are insufferable if you’re being objective.
Where are you heading with all of this stuff? No one knows what the future holds for Beamer until it plays out. Is your goal just to be proven right in the end because I'm sure you' 're smart enough to know that nothing is going to change until there's actual reason for that change.

As I correctly stated, Muschamp had no leeway. His personality was awful. He disrespected people when they asked him any question that was mildly questioning of the team, and his act had long worn thin with everyone above him.

Beamer has much more leeway despite what you and a few on here say. He'll get this year and he'll get next year to see what he can do.

Nothing you say will change that fact. You can post a million posts about it and be laughed at the entire time because nothing you post matters any at all.

Beamer isn't going anywhere this year and you can cry like a 2-year old and stomp your feet and whine about it like a snowflake, but it isn't changing anything except generating laughter at your sensitivities.

Whatever you post in response (I'm headed out to the water), - this post of mine will suffice as a response to anything you post.

We’ve reached the point where fans have given up on actually being good at football and are just fighting between the fans of who is a “better” fan.

That’s when you know it’s time for a new coach.

Don’t see win total being much different for the next two years. It will take several upsets each season to get bowl eligible.

Don’t see win total being much different for the next two years. It will take several upsets each season to get bowl eligible.

That’s the real elephant in the room. The defense is going to lose a significant amount of starters next year.

Are we really going to be ok with 3 years of 57/6-6 in hopes we break out in year 6?

I'm on a financial investors site. When I got on this morning, I noticed that among the thousands who are members, is an Oklahoma Sooner fan who I have communicated with in the past. I sent him a private message this morning welcoming him to the SEC. He sent me back a response:

"Thanks! I'm a bit concerned about going from the top of a conference to the middle of a conference."

I could not help but laugh thinking about all the Clemson fans begging for a SEC invite. They don't know what they are asking for. The SEC is a tough ass conference. Clemson fans think they can just come over and automatically be among the top quarter of the conference. I just have to shake my head at the ignorance.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
I'm on a financial investors site. When I got on this morning, I noticed that among the thousands who are members, is an Oklahoma Sooner fan who I have communicated with in the past. I sent him a private message this morning welcoming him to the SEC. He sent me back a response:

"Thanks! I'm a bit concerned about going from the top of a conference to the middle of a conference."

I could not help but laugh thinking about all the Clemson fans begging for a SEC invite. They don't know what they are asking for. The SEC is a tough ass conference. Clemson fans think they can just come over and automatically be among the top quarter of the conference. I just have to shake my head at the ignorance.
Well according to gamecock fans all you need is a quarterback and everything will work out fine. If you’re going to be revelent in college football you need players on both sides of the ball and the more talent you have the better chances of winning. Recruiting still matters and retaining talent is just important as gaining talent. Until the gamecocks can acquire this talent then the fans shouldn’t expect much more than 6-6.

Well according to gamecock fans all you need is a quarterback and everything will work out fine. If you’re going to be revelent in college football you need players on both sides of the ball and the more talent you have the better chances of winning. Recruiting still matters and retaining talent is just important as gaining talent. Until the gamecocks can acquire this talent then the fans shouldn’t expect much more than 6-6.
Since you did not name me, I assume you are not including me as one of those "gamecock fans". If my assumption is wrong, say so.

I'll be happy with pretty much anything this year.

any bowl game works.

And if I did say such a thing, you should be able to post it by tomorrow morning. I will look forward to reading it.

By the way, you are not fooling anyone, Tater-tot.
I believe you said that you think the gamecocks will go 7-5 this season. I said I don’t think they will because of the inexperience quarterback and didn’t bring in the talent to replace what left or graduated. The schedule is not kind and I think the gamecocks roster is going to need some upgrades. Can’t expect Sellers to do it all without some help and I don’t see much difference makers. Just my opinion.

I believe you said that you think the gamecocks will go 7-5 this season. I said I don’t think they will because of the inexperience quarterback and didn’t bring in the talent to replace what left or graduated. The schedule is not kind and I think the gamecocks roster is going to need some upgrades. Can’t expect Sellers to do it all without some help and I don’t see much difference makers. Just my opinion.
Tater-tot, provide me a quote this morning. Let's see what I said. I don't trust you. Do a search, if you know how.

JMO, what message boards fo! IMO, think you're going to be disappointed!

By the way, Tater-tot, the fact that you spend time posting on a Gamecock board says volumes about your lack of character. Only the scum of the earth go around trying to be trouble-makers. It's one thing to see what the other side is saying. It's entirely a different thing to post TRYING to stir trouble. Your family must be so proud of you.

Last edited:
By the way, Tater-tot, the fact that you spend time posting on a Gamecock board says volumes about your lack of character. Only the scum of the earth go around trying to be trouble-makers. It's one thing to see what the other side is saying. It's entirely a different thing to post TRYING to stir trouble. Your family must be so proud of you.
Okay you didn’t say it no problem. Go gamecocks.

Two missed bowl games in a row would be devastating, if it were to actually happen.

I just think he gets a fifth year. I've seen people say he needs as long as muschamp got as a reason, and I can buy that. But I just don't see Ray pulling the trigger this soon.

You want to know what else bothers me? Who is hiring our next coach IF this goes south. The same guy who thought muschamp and Beamer were good ideas.
No, I think he gets a fifth year too.

Do you believe it's sub par independent of the additional imbalances the NIL has created?

Someone wrote the other day "The Buck Stops With Beamer...

From what I've seen, that's quite accurate in the literal sense.

If you're having the top players on the team walk out two years in a row, isn't it self-evident we can't afford to retain them?

The only one that stuck around (Rattler) was the one we we actually able to shower with riches.

There has to be some AD-imposed gag order on speaking about this issue b/c of a fear of discouraging any current donors.

In comparison, there's teams like Missouri and Ole Miss would have been publicly scorching NIL grabs and separating themselves from us since the system began back in late 2021 to further emphasize the point.

So is it that Beamer is a poor recruiter? Is it we can't compete from a NIL/Porta perspective? Or is it a combination thereof? And can you support these claims with actual evidence?

I'm not singling anyone out. I'm genuinely curious because all I see is purposely muddied waters when it comes to the NIL/Portal as of today and big donor schools running amuck as a result.

It's almost impossible to extrapolate because all of the information you can gather about teams and their NIL/Portal game are vague press releases and deal speculation from the media.
With schools buying your best players you would think that would open the door to more 4 star high school guys.
End the end you only as good as your record in any sport. Every year we blame the schedule. Get out of the SEC or stop whining. I’m glad we don’t have to use the term student athletes anymore! No one goes to those kids graduation. We come to watch them win football games!

I don't believe we can hang anything on the words of Juice Wells. The guy played the system in his own best interests every step of the way including staying down when he could have been on the field. He obviously was looking for the greenest pastures available to max out his wealth in college b/c he's questionable in the NFL at that size and why wouldn't he with this crazy system in place?

I'm not ignoring we spent for those guys at all. I think that's about where the "Buck Stopped" though. We got a big time QB and tried to get a big time WR to complement him that hasn't panned out. If we don't whiff on Harbor, other big named schools who were in the bidding war would have whiffed right behind us so it's kindof a moot point.

The question is can any coach be successful with those resources other than a Hall of Fame SEC Darling who chose us on a whim to try to create a media stir and get big attention and big recruits to follow? Not to mention, those days are over and Spurrier has stated that emphatically himself. Beamer sits 2 wins from the all-time record here and we're pissed b/c Ole Miss and Missouri found buried treasure while two perineal powerhouses also bounced into the league this season. So now we sit at a preseason rank of #13. Looks just about right based on history, resources and this year's scheduling (e.g. UK on the road.)
History for Florida st before Bowden was much like ours. You make your own history and the past don’t determine your future.

History for Florida st before Bowden was much like ours. You make your own history and the past don’t determine your future.

What about Moneyball? That's a bit of a fly in the ointment.

Ole Miss found big land donor alumni and has the campus niche fervent who believe they are always one step from college.

Missouri has the luxury of being on an SEC island in the middle of nowhere with the St. Louis and Kansas City elites funneling funds.

We're currently on the short bus with Arkansas and Mississippi State.

What about Moneyball? That's a bit of a fly in the ointment.

Ole Miss found big land donor alumni and has the campus niche fervent who believe they are always one step from college.

Missouri has the luxury of being on an SEC island in the middle of nowhere with the St. Louis and Kansas City elites funneling funds.

We're currently on the short bus with Arkansas and Mississippi State.

Ole Miss and Missouri both found competent coaches that excited the fan base.

With schools buying your best players you would think that would open the door to more 4 star high school guys.
End the end you only as good as your record in any sport. Every year we blame the schedule. Get out of the SEC or stop whining. I’m glad we don’t have to use the term student athletes anymore! No one goes to those kids graduation. We come to watch them win football games!

Right now the option is stop whining and accept your situation for what it is. We're an ACC team serving as bait for teams who have traditionally been superior and recently also got a big boost for further divide from the plebs via a screwy system.

I thought this was telling of how the game is played and no one is immune!

Clemson target WR Dillon Alfred of Saraland, AL will make his commitment announcement Monday afternoon with either Clemson or Ole Miss his choice. Alfred, a former Ole Miss commitment, visited Clemson Thursday and Friday then went back to Oxford for the weekend. Clemson did not offer Alfred until he decommitted from the Rebels in June though he had made two visits with the Tigers before committing to Ole Miss. Clemson found itself in a good spot with Alfred after the offer, but his visit to Ole Miss over the weekend seems to have turned him back to the Rebels. Recruiting analysts’ predictions were in favor of Ole Miss as of Sunday night.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Do I need to post the records Watson? We've been through this before -- probably several times given your propensities.

lol Kiffin winning 10 games in year 2 is clearly just NIL...

Same with drinkwitz dominating Beamer in 2022.

They beat two Top 20 teams that season along with a bunch of cupcakes.

Beamer won 8 games in his 2nd year, defeated two Top 10 teams, and you remained miserable throughout the entire process.

Was i wrong to see the problems with Beamer? We followed those two wins up with a 5-8 record the next 13 games.

Was i wrong to see the problems with Beamer? We followed those two wins up with a 5-8 record the next 13 games.

You had no idea he would 4 of his 5 best players who made a lot of that happen would be lost at season's end because we couldn't afford to keep them. Try again, Superfan.

Last edited:
You had no idea he would 4 of his 5 best players who made a lot of that happen would be lost at season's end because we couldn't afford to keep them. Try again, Superfan.

I'm surprised he didn't lose more players who wanted to play for competent coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT