ADVERTISEMENT

No way its Osullivan

He leaves a school the same week, they win the NC ? No way I'm not buying it . Plus ESPN never mentioned it either.
I'm not necessarily convinced he comes here but what if they don't end up winning it? Is his decision really contingent on them winning it all or not?

I think from Football, Tanner has seen his 2 young somewhat unknown candidates after thoughts in our coaching search at the end of 2015, due to potential fan backlash, in Lincoln Riley and Willie Taggart go on to much bigger jobs 12-18 months later.

I believe because of this experience in football and confidence, he picks a someone that is upcoming and not the biggest name.

Reactions: sadd66 and IrmoRed
None of us know crap...If Tanner didn't think he had a good shot with a coach still working, he surely would have hired someone by now...The fact the rumor mill is so quiet, something serious is going on..But i digress, i know less than ESPN about the search

Reactions: 92Pony and vehemon
I saw tanner this morning and asked him what was going on he said

giphy.gif

None of us know crap...If Tanner didn't think he had a good shot with a coach still working, he surely would have hired someone by now...The fact the rumor mill is so quiet, something serious is going on..But i digress, i know less than ESPN about the search

I disagree. I think Tanner wants to be the only news about college baseball when he makes his announcement.

In my mind there is no way he takes O'Sullivan's buyout then pays him $1,000,000.00 a year. I just don't see that happening.

Reactions: sadd66
I think its a young coach for the reasons outlined above but if it is O'Sullivan his buyout decreases $250K on 7/1 from a million to $750K, right?, for the O'Sullivan crowd that is what i would hang my hat on, Tanner is trying to save $250K, announcement will occur after 7/1.

I disagree. I think Tanner wants to be the only news about college baseball when he makes his announcement.

In my mind there is no way he takes O'Sullivan's buyout then pays him $1,000,000.00 a year. I just don't see that happening.

you might be correct...i don't know..but it makes no sense to keep a new coach off the recruiting trail just to monopolize the news for a day...that sounds silly to me..we may never know unless it is KOS

Reactions: sadd66

with the money in our AD you are suggesting Tanner would fret over a fistful of peanuts to miss out on his guy..The way college baseball is exploding, HBC salaries are bound to escalate...If KOS is the guy he wants, why not pay if you can get him

I think you are correct on both points. Probably near the end of CWS. Or after that news quietens down will be a good time to trumpet his news.

If Osullivan and Tanner are friends, maybe Tanner is just waiting until the WS is over so he doesn't steal some of the spotlight from UF.

Even if he wins it, you've got to consider that from a fan support and facilities viewpoint, we are basically unrivaled.
Our facilities and fan support are far greater than what O'Sullivan has at Florida, but to say they are "unrivaled" is quite biased.
Our facilities and support are among the best in the country. Five, maybe 10 other schools can match us. The exact order is up for debate, but to make us a clear-cut number 1 with no rival isn't factual.

Reactions: coolcock2001
you might be correct...i don't know..but it makes no sense to keep a new coach off the recruiting trail just to monopolize the news for a day...that sounds silly to me..we may never know unless it is KOS

I see your point about recruiting, BUT recruits get way more information than any of us. Im sure all of the recruits (and their families) that are high on the priority list have been contacted by coaches, or maybe even Ray himself and they are well aware of who are the finalists for the job.

And if Ray himself is communicating to a family Im sure we won't lose out at all.

with the money in our AD you are suggesting Tanner would fret over a fistful of peanuts to miss out on his guy..The way college baseball is exploding, HBC salaries are bound to escalate...If KOS is the guy he wants, why not pay if you can get him
College baseball is NOT "exploding" LMAO!! WOMENS BASKETBALL gets better ratings... nuff said

College Baseball only matters even a LITTLE bit here, at a few other SEC programs (like one or two) and a TINY handful of schools around the country besides that. UVA, even when they are a top ten team can't hardly get 500 people to come to a game! UNC consistently has a powerhouse baseball team and it doesn't even move the needle of interest in their fan base! I have not seen any indication that college baseball is blowing up anywhere else like it is here. LSU is about the only school where it matters as much to their fans as it does to ours.

College baseball is NOT "exploding" LMAO!! WOMENS BASKETBALL gets better ratings... nuff said

College Baseball only matters even a LITTLE bit here, at a few other SEC programs (like one or two) and a TINY handful of schools around the country besides that. UVA, even when they are a top ten team can't hardly get 500 people to come to a game! UNC consistently has a powerhouse baseball team and it doesn't even move the needle of interest in their fan base! I have not seen any indication that college baseball is blowing up anywhere else like it is here. LSU is about the only school where it matters as much to their fans as it does to ours.

Agree. I know in the previous two years, the ratings for the softball world series were better than college baseball world series. Baseball is huge here and a handful of other schools, but it's not a revenue sport (neither is softball or women's basketball.) In the big picture, college baseball may be just above college hockey in national prominence.

As for the coach, I agree... gonna be tough to get O'Sullivan now, unless having butts in the seats is that important to him. No reason to leave Florida (new facility coming, big pay check, great recruiting, no state income tax, the dazzlers....)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT