ADVERTISEMENT

Nyck Harbor

Why do you think he can't be a 5-star WR? He is faster than the fastest WR in the NFL, is way larger than any fast NFL receivers, and very muscular. Sure he may need teaching on route running, etc., but he looks like someone who could physically dominate a CB.

He might be able to do that.

Lots of fast, muscular guys aren't good wide receivers.

right now, his entire focus is track. Most all good receivers are working every day in June on being a receiver.

Oregon with 12-2 last year. Maybe they got lucky he chose us so they spent their money elsewhere. Maybe they had enough money it didn't matter.

We went 5-7 and couldn't afford to spend the money we spent to get Harbor.

Oregon had two stud WRs going into last season while our receivers were injured or being bought by other teams.

All of your deep analysis is in hindsight, Watson. Harbor was thought of as a top notch recruit by everyone. We desperately needed more options in the incubator. No one was anticipating he wouldn't make the transition to WR smoothly.

How is he going to develop? Was he about football this spring? I'm thinking track. Will he be about football in August? I'm thinking track. And when his Olympic dream is over I bet he transfers.
Development is a different question. When talking 5-star or 2-star, we are talking potential.

Development is a different question. When talking 5-star or 2-star, we are talking potential.
I have no choice but to take whatever he gives us in football, as long as he actually earns his playing time. I don't want him playing otherwise. As a side-show. It's already kind of pathetic to me.

I have no choice but to take whatever he gives us in football, as long as he actually earns his playing time. I don't want him playing otherwise. As a side-show. It's already kind of pathetic to me.
Let's hope he gives football a lot, but the potential distraction of track has to be acknowledged.

Oregon had two stud WRs going into last season while our receivers were injured or being bought by other teams.

All of your deep analysis is in hindsight, Watson. Harbor was thought of as a top notch recruit by everyone. We desperately needed more options in the incubator. No one was anticipating he wouldn't make the transition to WR smoothly.

He was thought as a top notch DE. Not as a top notch WR which is why the Alabamas of the world weren't after him in the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT