ADVERTISEMENT

Odom out at Mizzou**

Thing about Mizzou is they wont put butts in the seats if they don't field a decent product.

Reactions: Brace1
https://www.stltoday.com › sports › college › mizzou › barry-odom-remains...

Odom’s buyout as of Dec. 1, 2018 is a modest $1,912,500, which ranks No. 72 nationally. Only two Power 5 coaches whose buyouts are listed have lower buyouts, both Ole Miss' Matt Luke and Mississippi State's Joe Moorhead, both listed as $0. Twenty-two coaches at schools outside the Power 5 conferences have higher buyouts than Odom, including his former offensive coordinator Josh Heupel, now the head coach at Central Florida, whose buyout is $3,587,500.

Not really sure what Mizzou expects to accomplish by this move. He has done a decent job at a time when Mizzou has battled some tough times. And Mizzounisnt exactly a place that is going to draw the cream of college coaching. Not does Mizzou historically pay as well as many others. But then again, sort of refreshing to see a program that wants to do better as opposed to embracing the mediocrity as is done in this Columbia

Not really sure what Mizzou expects to accomplish by this move. He has done a decent job at a time when Mizzou has battled some tough times. And Mizzounisnt exactly a place that is going to draw the cream of college coaching. Not does Mizzou historically pay as well as many others. But then again, sort of refreshing to see a program that wants to do better as opposed to embracing the mediocrity as is done in this Columbia

Gary Pinkel won 8 or more games 9 times in 14 years as their head coach. He won the SEC East twice. They gave Odom a chance because he came from the Pinkel coaching tree, but they aren’t going to stick by someone who can’t win.

So what did they do with the hundreds of millions of dollars they make every year?

What universe are you living in? For 2017-18 (the last year I found through a quick search), the USC athletics department expected to make $121.9 million and spend $102.9 million. Much of that revenue is, of course, through football, but it's not 100's of millions and that money goes to support other sports programs. They also have substantial debt for various projects (about$150 million the last that I knew). USC IS one of the relatively few sports programs that consistently runs in the black, though. My point (in response to your post) was simply that it's easier to fire someone with a $2 million buyout than a $20 million buyout.

Reactions: Cock In Space
I'm glad I checked the board before I posted this news. One thing we don't need today is "It's Another Carolina Me, Too thread.

Missouri, despite their SEC backwardness in terms of facilities, has a better athletic history than ours and they are conducting themselves as if they have higher expectations than we do as well.

Reactions: Garnetskies
Missouri, despite their SEC backwardness in terms of facilities, has a better athletic history than ours and they are conducting themselves as if they have higher expectations than we do as well.
We bring in $30mil+ more than they do every year AND average top 25 classes to their top 40. They destroyed us after losing to Wyoming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT