ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, I have to ask? Too many Belk enthusiast not too!

Triton20x

Feb 1, 2008
I got to watch most the first half and only small pieces of second half. I don't see any threads saying "I told you so" in reference to Belk being the best lineman ever or "I knew he would be a stud and today it was obvious" threads?

I have looked and have not found the number of snaps he took today? I did look at the Box Score and he did not have a tackle. I did not see him on the field but didn't get to see much of second half as mentioned.

Anyone know what he did? Did he get some snaps? I still stand by all my replies this week, he will not be the change everyone seemed to be professing in 2018. He has a big future I'm sure, just not this year.

Last edited:
I got to watch most the first half and only small PC's of second half. I don't see any threads saying "I told you so" in reference to Belk being the best lineman ever or "I knew he would be a stud and today it was obvious" threads?

I have looked and have not found the number of snaps he took today? You did look at the Box Score and he did not have a tackle. I did not see him on the field but didn't get to see much of second half as mentioned.

Anyone know what he did? Did he get some snaps? I still stand by all my replies this week, he will not be the change everyone seemed to be professing in 2018. He has a big future I'm sure, just not this year.
I just hope he has the game of his life next weekend!!

He’s to big and out of shape right now to make a difference, maybe by the six game he’ll start making an impact, but right now I don’t see it happening except maybe short stints.

Reactions: Zann77
I got to watch most the first half and only small pieces of second half. I don't see any threads saying "I told you so" in reference to Belk being the best lineman ever or "I knew he would be a stud and today it was obvious" threads?

I have looked and have not found the number of snaps he took today? I did look at the Box Score and he did not have a tackle. I did not see him on the field but didn't get to see much of second half as mentioned.

Love the "I told you so" guy! Please. One game against Coastal for a player that didn't know he was playing until late in the week.

I watched him and he played well when he got some snaps.

The way UGA pounds the ball we would be crazy not to play the biggest most physical imposing guy on our DL . With our Depth issues they will drag us up and down the field in the trenches if we aren’t ready . Coastal actually ran the ball very effectively and we had a lot of broken tackles . I would say if he doesn’t at least get a few reps next week we are gonna be in trouble .

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
The way UGA pounds the ball we would be crazy not to play the biggest most physical imposing guy on our DL . With our Depth issues they will drag us up and down the field in the trenches if we aren’t ready . Coastal actually ran the ball very effectively and we had a lot of broken tackles . I would say if he doesn’t at least get a few reps next week we are gonna be in trouble .

Kinlaw will be in there

Reactions: Horseshoe 04

Your post is nothing more than an "I told you so" post. It's a little early in the season for that.

You’re not going to find it on this site unless u pay up. But everyone knew he would be very limited this week. He didn’t Game plan for this week because of clearance issues.
But go ahead house taters play you’re retarded games. Tater fans in this site has to be an embarrassment to their real fans.

There's nothing more important than game experience. He got his, and he didn't back down. Guys like this won't back down, they will turn into terrors. So get him reps and let him be the terror that's in him when he walks on the gridiron!

He held his gap and often took double teams. Guys like Belk aren't single teamed...He's too low and powerful to move. Is he JD CLOWNEY...NOoooo, different types, so embrace what he is naturally built for, your inside gap defense game.

Much more to prove and grow into, so let him get busted up a little, and I promise you he will return that aggression. Guys like Belk love to be shortchanged by "know it alls" that have never played a snap in the trench. Challenge him, and watch how he develops! Save all your tooo fat and slow drivel....or strap on the helmet and try him !

It looks to me as though we have several young DL that could become big contributors this year before all is said and done. Depends on who develops into that player who stands out. Belk is just one and coming in a bit out of shape may mean one of the others has the advantage. Glad to have options.

Reactions: Triton20x
Your post is nothing more than an "I told you so" post. It's a little early in the season for that.
Yeah, kind of! I just couldn't believe how many people thought he was the next Clowney or something. End of day, I think those people were building their expectations just so they could point at Clemson and say '''look at what you lost!" But they were putting too high of expectations based on his current weight concerns.

I'm sorry King didn't kill a Coastal OL like some of y'all expected. I watched him and he was right where he was supposed to be and going forward not backward. He's a man.

Yeah, kind of! I just couldn't believe how many people thought he was the next Clowney or something. End of day, I think those people were building their expectations just so they could point at Clemson and say '''look at what you lost!" But they were putting too high of expectations based on his current weight concerns.
Ummm, you do know that Clowney didn't start until later in the season. Played early on passing downs almost exclusively. Poor comparison for this early in the season.

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
I’d like to know where you are reading this. Nearly everything I’ve read have stated he would play limited snaps if he played at all while he improves on conditioning.
The fact that you would believe anyone comparing him to Clowney says a lot about you imo.

Ummm, you do know that Clowney didn't start until later in the season. Played early on passing downs almost exclusively. Poor comparison for this early in the season.
The fact that anyone would believe a freshman DT is gonna come in and dominate right away shows a lack of football knowledge.
If a freshman DT does come in and is forced to start would mean you have a severely depleted roster.

Reactions: rogue cock
I’d like to know where you are reading this. Nearly everything I’ve read have stated he would play limited snaps if he played at all while he improves on conditioning.
The fact that you would believe anyone comparing him to Clowney says a lot about you imo.
He makes it up as he goes along. Doesn't even know enough about our former players to make a good comparison. In other words....a pure troll.

The fact that anyone would believe a freshman DT is gonna come in and dominate right away shows a lack of football knowledge.
If a freshman DT does come in and is forced to start would mean you have a severely depleted roster.
And we have two good ones in Kinlaw and Thomas. Backups are young but talented...they all will get some playing time.

Belk may never have a ton of tackles.. what is important with these big guys is when they can draw a double team, engage a lineman,, keeping the OL off of the line backers,, so they can do their thing.. just getting his stamina up so he can play increased snaps will be a win this year,,, as when he is in the middle of that line,,, he is something occupying space and will have to be ran around..

Reactions: Mr CockStrong

I didn't see anybody on here saying he was the next Clowney. Clowney was a once in a lifetime player. Clemson doesn't have anybody nearly as good as Clowney either though.

He makes it up as he goes along. Doesn't even know enough about our former players to make a good comparison. In other words....a pure troll.

I've said from day 1 ole' Triton is a troll, he does hide it well though, he at times in the past does make rational comments about SC , even if i believe he's a troll...He should just end it and "come out of the closet"

Reactions: rogue cock
Someone posted the clip on Facebook of his single tackle. It was actually pretty impressive. He took the offensive lineman with one hand and pushed him down the line into the ball carrier and made the tackle.

I've said from day 1 ole' Triton is a troll, he does hide it well though, he at times in the past does make rational comments about SC , even if i believe he's a troll...He should just end it and "come out of the closet"
I have told you in the past I went to both schools. You can add MUSC to that list too. I don't troll here nor do I go to Tnet and troll them. I talk football as I'm a college football fanatic. I want to see both schools do well as it makes it a great rivalry when both are competitive. I don't come on here with thick Garnet glasses nor Orange glasses. I will call posters out for unrealistic comments or expectations but you don't see me trash Carolina or Clemson. I might trash UGA though, I can't help it!

Problem is some posters can't stand the thought of someone actually disagreeing with their unrealistic comments. Then you get called a troll! But hey, call me what you want but I will continue to post and enjoy the good conversations I have with posters that enjoy the sport, the team and can converse intelligently about expectations that can do it without being more worried about if someone is a troll or a true fan!

Someone posted the clip on Facebook of his single tackle. It was actually pretty impressive. He took the offensive lineman with one hand and pushed him down the line into the ball carrier and made the tackle.
I would like to see it! He will be a force, no doubt! He is a talented big boy, just needs some time.

I didn't see anybody on here saying he was the next Clowney. Clowney was a once in a lifetime player. Clemson doesn't have anybody nearly as good as Clowney either though.
It was an analogy but I guess you missed that? You obviously didn't read all the posts after he was approved to play about how he was going to change the entire defensive line this year and he is what we were missing. Again, expectations that couldn't be met.

I have told you in the past I went to both schools. You can add MUSC to that list too. I don't troll here nor do I go to Tnet and troll them. I talk football as I'm a college football fanatic. I want to see both schools do well as it makes it a great rivalry when both are competitive. I don't come on here with thick Garnet glasses nor Orange glasses. I will call posters out for unrealistic comments or expectations but you don't see me trash Carolina or Clemson. I might trash UGA though, I can't help it!

Problem is some posters can't stand the thought of someone actually disagreeing with their unrealistic comments. Then you get called a troll! But hey, call me what you want but I will continue to post and enjoy the good conversations I have with posters that enjoy the sport, the team and can converse intelligently about expectations that can do it without being more worried about if someone is a troll or a true fan!

All trolls aren't bad trolls..This is the first time i'm hearing about you and Clemson, but not surprised you have some orange in your blood and many of your post have Clemson mentioned in them.. Ok, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, after all i did compliment you.
See, i too, call it like i see it and the garnet glassers don't like that..

I just dislike Clemson more than you do...

you like both schools, huh, that definitely isnt allowed here.. ok, half a troll

All trolls aren't bad trolls..This is the first time i'm hearing about you and Clemson, but not surprised you have some orange in your blood and many of your post have Clemson mentioned in them.. Ok, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, after all i did compliment you.
See, i too, call it like i see it and the garnet glassers don't like that..

I just dislike Clemson more than you do...

you like both schools, huh, that definitely isnt allowed here.. ok, half a troll
Haha! Alright, I guess I will live with the "Half Troll" title! It's funny, I haven't been called a troll since last football season. Just as soon as the season starts, old posters come back, or current posters get more testy and they can't stand being disagreed with! Oh well, I guess I will always be a realist and likely continuously called a troll by those that don't like hearing facts or opposite opinions. CHEERS!

And we have two good ones in Kinlaw and Thomas. Backups are young but talented...they all will get some playing time.
Yep, the future looks really bright for our DL. As for this season I believe
It was an analogy but I guess you missed that? You obviously didn't read all the posts after he was approved to play about how he was going to change the entire defensive line this year and he is what we were missing. Again, expectations that couldn't be met.
What you’re failing to realize is that he DOES change the entire DL and he IS something that we were missing this year...a big DT that will draw double teams and anchor the middle on short yardage and goal line situations. Even if he only plays 10-15 snaps a game this year he will be a big help in those specific areas and help the rotation.
I never saw or read where anyone said he was going to start and be a superstar DL this year, just that he would contribute and give us more options.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT