ADVERTISEMENT

OK, I support all our coaches but Chad H is sounding like a broken record

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
I am just now starting to get a little frustrated with him. I know many on here already want him gone and I have not been one of those but am starting to get a little annoyed with his press conferences/interviews. He is reminding me of Dabo a bit when Dabo used to always say for years that they were "Just a couple of plays away from being undefeated".
Chad now says the same things after every loss:
1 - "Our guys played their tails off tonight"
2 - "I dont want any other players but these"
3 - "Tyler Johnson is about a week away from playing"
4 - "These guys are hitting the cover off the ball" (preseason each year)
My questions are, is he trying to sell us on how hard they are playing? I am sure they dont want to lose and we dont think they are not playing hard but why does that have to be said after every loss? Will we ever see Johnson again? I do believe and always have believed we overwork the same few pitchers each year in the bullpen and think that is part of Johnsons problem this year was overwork early in the season. Also, Our starters are very good but how do our hitters hit so well in preseason against them but hit so average to a little below average against other schools pitchers who are not as good?

Just to stress, I have always supported our coaches and dont like the idea of getting rid of them all the time, that is dumb. However, Chad is struggling and I almost think he is trying to sell himself on the excuses he gives because he is not sure what to do. He aided the preseason polls about how good this team would be this year by telling how well everyone was playing. That is part of the reason everyone is struggling with the results so far. The expectations even from the coach were to much.

it is called DAMAGE CONTROL

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT