ADVERTISEMENT

One else concerned about wbb recruiting?

Crutcher1

Mar 17, 2010
The signing period started last week and UConn got the number one recruit that South Carolina was heavily in on. It seems that Tennessee has a top five recruiting class this year combined with the number 1 recruiting class last year.

I think we have signed the one recruit, Destinni Henderson, and have a commitment from a another top 50 player. But I think that is all we have so far, and we have a thin roster this year so we should be able to pick up some more recruits. It looks like most recruits have already signed.

I have a lot of confidence in Dawn, but it looks like all but one of the top recruits for this year have already been taken. Anyone else concerned?

Not really. We will have a team next year with at least 8-10 5-star players on it. they may not all have been top 10 but still are great players. I think the big winner in recruiting this year was baylor and i am not sure how. I think that whole athletic department reeks of wrongdoing. However, we will have a strong team and we will probably get alot more next year in recruiting because of this year. Players will see playing time is available where it will not be as much at Tenn or Baylor. We still can get Ododo and she was the number 1 in the country before her injury so if we get her, that will be 3 5-star for this class. Who would not be happy with that? We did miss on a couple we wanted that would have made this class better than the Fab 5 of Michigan years back but we are still ok. Dawn will be fine with getting, and developing who she gets and we will have a roster stacked with 5-stars.

The signing period started last week and UConn got the number one recruit that South Carolina was heavily in on. It seems that Tennessee has a top five recruiting class this year combined with the number 1 recruiting class last year.

I think we have signed the one recruit, Destinni Henderson, and have a commitment from a another top 50 player. But I think that is all we have so far, and we have a thin roster this year so we should be able to pick up some more recruits. It looks like most recruits have already signed.

I have a lot of confidence in Dawn, but it looks like all but one of the top recruits for this year have already been taken. Anyone else concerned?

I hoped we could capitalize on the NC with our recruiting this year. With Wilson gone next year we really need a solid influx of new talent. Tenn will not stay down long and Miss St, A&M, and others will continue to challenge us for the SEC. There is still 1 big recruit on the board but without her this would be an underwhelming class in my opinion.

Reactions: king ward
I hoped we could capitalize on the NC with our recruiting this year. With Wilson gone next year we really need a solid influx of new talent. Tenn will not stay down long and Miss St, A&M, and others will continue to challenge us for the SEC. There is still 1 big recruit on the board but without her this would be an underwhelming class in my opinion.
"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall get you clobbered."

I went to the volleyball game last week and saw the recruiting area they have set up for WBB in that building (Bball Practice Facility/Vball Competition Facility). Very impressive; caught my eye and had to stop and look at all the trophies and cut down nets

To maintain at the current level we have to keep the pipeline open and full of top tier talent, if we sign Nelson-Ododa this class will compare nicely with the class Aja Wilson was in, but in recruiting you can never take your foot off the gas. The variable that's different in women's basketball that's hard to figure in is the roll transfers play, just look at last year's team, we had 2 transfers that were drafted in the top 10 picks, one, Alisha Gray was rookie of the year. I think we may have a transfer that becomes eligible this year too.

why do some fans hyperventilate over the most insignificant issues...Dawn Staley signs 5 star players each year...She has regularly signed top 10 classes...She has a top 10 class this year and will do it again next year...

UCONN has signed only 1 player in this class..Should they be worried..Dawn recruits better than most...She coaches great and we will continue to be a great program and championship contender...Stop crying and over reacting to every issue and enjoy the ride...

why do some fans hyperventilate over the most insignificant issues...Dawn Staley signs 5 star players each year...She has regularly signed top 10 classes...She has a top 10 class this year and will do it again next year...

UCONN has signed only 1 player in this class..Should they be worried..Dawn recruits better than most...She coaches great and we will continue to be a great program and championship contender...Stop crying and over reacting to every issue and enjoy the ride...
Dawn does sign 5 star players frequently but we have had only ONE top ten class under her(2014) What she has done masterfully is identify players who the recruiting services and othe coaches grossly under value......Welch, Ibiam, Mitchell, Coates etc and has developed them and all her players. She has supplemented them wth Juco's early on and transfers later. She has only signed 4 top ten players in her career(Bone, Wilson, White, and Henderson) I am amazed at what she has done. Her emphasis in recruiting is evolving and she is trying to get those top ten recruits but that is still a work in progress. She and her staff are tops in the country at identifying and developing, also an excellent in game X and O coach

Five star recruits
10 none
11 none
12 Dozier Mitchell Sessions
13 Coates
14 Wilson, White, Duckett and Cuevas
15 none
16 Harris and Bradshaw
17 Grissett, Jackson and Williams

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT