ADVERTISEMENT

OT: favorite local brewery?

Palmetto Espresso Porter from Charleston. Damn good stuff.

Also like the Conquest Medusa Stout from near Williams-Brice.

I liked everything I tried at Conquest. Palmetto makes a nice pale ale. I'll have to try that espresso porter. I went to River Dog about 2 years ago and I seem to remember the beers being ok but there was some pretty high alcohol content on some of them. I drank 5 or 6 beers and I left seeing doubles.

Who ya like? I am partial to Highland, but I really enjoyed a few of the Green Man offerings when we visited there recently.
Charlotte
Unknown - Ginger What? (Ginger Wheat), Pre Game (Session)
Triple C - Smoked Amber, Babymaker (DIPA)
Wooden Robot - Clearly Confused (Red IPA)
Sycamore - Mountain Candy (IPA), After Party (Barrel aged bourbon), Daddy Issues (Barrel aged tequila)
NoDa - Ramblin on Red, Hop Drop and Roll (DIPA), Cavu (Blonde Ale);
Sugar Creek - Pale Ale
Birdsong - Jalapeno Pale Ale

Charlotte
Unknown - Ginger What? (Ginger Wheat), Pre Game (Session)
Triple C - Smoked Amber, Babymaker (DIPA)
Wooden Robot - Clearly Confused (Red IPA)
Sycamore - Mountain Candy (IPA), After Party (Barrel aged bourbon), Daddy Issues (Barrel aged tequila)
NoDa - Ramblin on Red, Hop Drop and Roll (DIPA), Cavu (Blonde Ale);
Sugar Creek - Pale Ale
Birdsong - Jalapeno Pale Ale
Sugar Creek also has some 'raspberry ale' that my wife and her friends like... can't remember the name of it.

Who ya like? I am partial to Highland, but I really enjoyed a few of the Green Man offerings when we visited there recently.
You should try Wicked Weed the next time you are in Asheville. They typically have a massive menu of beers available. Spent a whole afternoon/evening trying every one.

You mean Tap It? I've been there a few times. I bought a growler to get filled occasionally, but it's been a while.

That's it. Haven't been there yet. Would you recommend it?

There's supposed to be another pub opening in the old General Store. Heard building inspectors were slowing work down.

Here in Charleston, I like Revelry, Frothy Beard, and Holy City. Highly recommend a place called the Barrel on the way to Folly for a cold beer(s).

Anybody back in SC, what's up with River Dog. We used to get the Red IPA here, but can't get it anymore. One of my favorites, btw.

Has anyone tried the new Twisted Spur in the Vista? I went once shortly after it opened and they literally were out of every in-house brew but one. Quite disappointing. I hope the place has picked it up a little.

Also saw where another brewery was supposed to be opening in the Vista. Good to see.

Creature Comforts in Athens is awesome. They make a great but hard to find IPA. I believe their CEO is a Carolina grad.

Orpheus right off Piedmont Park is pretty good too.

Creature Comforts in Athens is awesome. They make a great but hard to find IPA. I believe their CEO is a Carolina grad.

Orpheus right off Piedmont Park is pretty good too.
There should be a site for SEC away tailgating keeping up with each cities/towns good breweries. That's going to have to be a high priority of mine for each away game I go to.

Reactions: SpursUPgunsOUT
Has anyone tried the new Twisted Spur in the Vista? I went once shortly after it opened and they literally were out of every in-house brew but one. Quite disappointing. I hope the place has picked it up a little.

Also saw where another brewery was supposed to be opening in the Vista. Good to see.
I went to Twisted Spur 2 weeks after it opened and they were out of 1 or 2 beers. It seemed like a nice place, but a bit unorganized.

Quest in Greenville is really good. They have a smoked porter that is great when bought in a can. And the seasonal Pecan Porter is one of my favorites.

I favor with the Asheville breweries though. Highlands And Green Man.

You should try Wicked Weed the next time you are in Asheville. They typically have a massive menu of beers available. Spent a whole afternoon/evening trying every one.
There beer is good but not great, but their burgers are on point and cheap.

Noda - Hop Drop N Roll
Wicked Weed - Pernicious
Holy City - Overly Friendly
Granite Falls - Castle Stormer Scotish Ale
Frothy Beard - Everything They Have on Tap

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT