ADVERTISEMENT

OT. If you had a lot of money and donated to USC

I'd terminate all the tenured professors that don't teach classes or labs. Seriously why is USC paying dudes $200k+ a year to sit on their ass just to have their name listed on a faculty list?
That will keep us in high esteem with the nation's top scholars! We'll probably be able to attract any star faculty we want

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
-Upgrade restrooms, concessions etc at Williams Brice
-Buy out every trucking and warehouse company on Bluff and Shop Roads and get the areas rezoned residential/commercial
-New academic building. Built in the old school classical style, not boxy modernism

-Upgrade restrooms, concessions etc at Williams Brice
-Buy out every trucking and warehouse company on Bluff and Shop Roads and get the areas rezoned residential/commercial
-New academic building. Built in the old school classical style, not boxy modernism
I am in 66.67% agreement.

I am in 66.67% agreement.
welsh_bldg03_tn.jpg

You a big Modernist guy?

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I would love to see a pedestrian path that expands all the way from the Horseshoe to Williams-Brice. You can currently walk all the way to the back of the Track & Field facility (Rosewood) without encountering much traffic.
I take this route sometimes and it's a hidden gem. Our stadium is "off campus" but if you walk that way you feel like you're on campus the whole way to Rosewood. You can even stop off and use the restrooms at the track if you need to!

I take this route sometimes and it's a hidden gem. Our stadium is "off campus" but if you walk that way you feel like you're on campus the whole way to Rosewood. You can even stop off and use the restrooms at the track if you need to!

Agreed! I'll step out of the building (Rice Athletics Center) and just stroll down to Rosewood a couple of times a day just because that area is so pretty - it's really underappreciated. Really love seeing Williams-Brice in the backdrop as well.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Serious money? Reroute the entire railroad system and purchase/beautify/redevelop everything from Owens Field, to S. Beltline, to Olympia, to the Cayce side of the Congaree River into University property. Remove the horrendously built dikes at the river and let the property that naturally floods, do it's thing and build on the safest high ground that does not depend on those crap sand dikes to protect the new construction.

If I had the required money, I'd hire a team of private investigators and have them dig up damaging dirt on the ACC, SEC, BIG12 and Big10 powers-that-be. I'd use my leverage against the ACC to blackmail them into trumping up charges against Clemson in order to kick them out of the ACC. I'd use my SEC/Big12/Big10 dirt to keep them out of those conferences. Let's see how Clemson does after a decade as an independent.

There are some people ITT that could seriously get my vote for mayor if you want to run

Pedestrian bridges linking Fairgrounds parking lot and Old Farmers Market parking lot to the stadium grounds, allowing continuous flow of both vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
Some of the stuff in here is pipe dreams obviously but this needs to happen for real

Reactions: Cybercock
Serious money? Reroute the entire railroad system and purchase/beautify/redevelop everything from Owens Field, to S. Beltline, to Olympia, to the Cayce side of the Congaree River into University property. Remove the horrendously built dikes at the river and let the property that naturally floods, do it's thing and build on the safest high ground that does not depend on those crap sand dikes to protect the new construction.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in riding a train all the way to WB. Maybe from Greenville with a few stops and from Charleston.

Marina and an overhead train to the stadium ?
An elevated monorail like Disney's would be the way to go. As trains go, it is by far the cheapest way to go. Very little land acquisition costs as the columns that support the rail are usually narrow enough to fit within the center median of the road (down the middle of Assembly, for example). The propulsion system is pretty simple as well: electric motors that turn big truck tires beneath the train.

An elevated monorail like Disney's would be the way to go. As trains go, it is by far the cheapest way to go. Very little land acquisition costs as the columns that support the rail are usually narrow enough to fit within the center median of the road (down the middle of Assembly, for example). The propulsion system is pretty simple as well: electric motors that turn big truck tires beneath the train.

ala the lsu escalators

Some of the stuff in here is pipe dreams obviously but this needs to happen for real

It's really hard to believe, but USC's football stadium has been where it is for 84 years (1934) and STILL there is no direct pedestrian (sidewalk) access to the stadium from the USC campus. When will the county and city get off their asses and correct this mistake of non-urban planning?

Get rid of the doo doo ice!

proper amounts of alcohol should handle any digestive issues
It's really hard to believe, but USC's football stadium has been where it is for 84 years (1934) and STILL there is no direct pedestrian (sidewalk) access to the stadium from the USC campus. When will the county and city get off their asses and correct this mistake of non-urban planning?

overall cola has always been a little behind............hell, even bju built a crosswalk over 291 for their students 2 git 2 shoneys:)

Reactions: Zann77
That is how addicted to their cars people are around here. The thought of walking a block is laughable to many

Reactions: Out of Conference
1. Update stadium facade from concrete to garnet brick.
2. Pedestrian bridges over George Rogers Blvd and Shop Road
3. Dedicated food courts like they have in the malls under the stands
4. Wide side walks on both sides of George Rogers Blvd with barriers to keep people out of the road
5. Renovate all the restrooms and bathrooms

I'd terminate all the tenured professors that don't teach classes or labs. Seriously why is USC paying dudes $200k+ a year to sit on their ass just to have their name listed on a faculty list?

If they don’t have to teach, they are likely bringing in large research grants, 50% of which the school takes as overhead to pay for everything else. That’s at least how it works at large research universities.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT