ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Michelle Childs - USC grad

Yep. there's a reason McConnell blocked his nomination, that's what the Senate is there for. MG is now known to be a radical hack that had no business being on the SC. McConnell apparently knew this and saved the country a lot of heart ache and fortunately got a constitutional judge on the bench.

Well. McConnell actually complimented Garland and said his effort to block him was not based on the rules or opinions of the judge.

His block was a pure political play- one that a number of Senate Republicans disagreed with.

When Biden won, McConnell recommended to Biden that he select Garland as Attorney General.

Are you sucking up to nominate a black woman, Pablo, when out of 115 judges…there have been 113 whites appointed, 5 white women, and 2 black men? So there have been 108 WHITE MEN. To me, that is pathetic and embarrassing for our great country. We should all hope that she will be known as an outstanding, fair Judge.

Did you attend USC’s law school? Ms. Childs did not take criminal justice classes at Carolina. They are not under the law school! So…she did not have your crazy professors. She graduated from our business school and law school.
No, I actually got passed on by USC school of law because in the early 2000's USC was trying to catch up with the minority ratio. So I got to see more than one person with a lower GPA and lower LSAT get into the law school because we were filling a "quota". Federal funds were going to get taken away if USC didn't comply. I got accepted into several other law schools, so no biggie. It still doesn't bother my love for USC sports. Everyone says being a white man is an unfair advantage, the hell if that is the case for most of us average guys.

No, I actually got passed on by USC school of law because in the early 2000's USC was trying to catch up with the minority ratio. So I got to see more than one person with a lower GPA and lower LSAT get into the law school because we were filling a "quota". Federal funds were going to get taken away if USC didn't comply. I got accepted into several other law schools, so no biggie. It still doesn't bother my love for USC sports. Everyone says being a white man is an unfair advantage, the hell if that is the case for most of us average guys.
So did you go to law school, and if so, where?

Reactions: nikolas22

in 2004, there were 48 African American students in the law school. There were 684 white students.

in 2004, there were 48 African American students in the law school. There were 684 white students.
At least 4 of those African Americans got into the law school based on their skin color. It happens, I didn't let it bother me and my future plans. I decided against going to Ole Miss law, and the other options available because I decided to stay close family instead. The out of state cost for those law schools just didn't seem justified to me. I flirted with going to Tulsa under a Native American scholarship program, but that didn't sit well with the family. We don't agree with claiming a race just because it's 1/8 heritage to get money. Twenty years later and I couldn't be happier with the way things turned out. I could have made some better investments, but overall life is rolling along.

As I have told you all on here there are crooks on both sides.

If the left really wanted to shoot the bird to the right, they would nominate Michelle Obama. The right couldn’t do a dang thing about it and it would in large part be due to how the right railroaded things by doing away with more than a simple majority. And heads would explode on the far right.

If the right had a lick of sense, it would quit pedaling these conspiracy theories and get out of this book burning and acting like Jack asses at school board meetings and comparing a mask mandate to Auschwitz.

Right now I’m left hoping for a moderate but in todays political climate I’m not sure it will happen. Like chasing a unicorn.

Reactions: rogue cock

If the left really wanted to shoot the bird to the right, they would nominate Michelle Obama. The right couldn’t do a dang thing about it and it would in large part be due to how the right railroaded things by doing away with more than a simple majority. And heads would explode on the far right.

If the right had a lick of sense, it would quit pedaling these conspiracy theories and get out of this book burning and acting like Jack asses at school board meetings and comparing a mask mandate to Auschwitz.

Right now I’m left hoping for a moderate but in todays political climate I’m not sure it will happen. Like chasing a unicorn.

That's idiotic. She is in no way qualified and would never even accept. Much happier spending her millions. And let's not forgot that it was Harry Reid that started all this mess by changing the rules to a simple majority (when he wasn't lying about Romney paying no taxes) for everything but the Supreme Court in order to push Obama's nominees through. McConnell told him not to do it and that it would come back to haunt him, and three Trump Supreme Court justices later, he was right.

And I don't want to hear about people raising hell at school boards who aren't following the science while the left spent a whole summer rioting and burning down parts of cities over a convicted felon who robbed a pregnant woman by threatening to shoot her unborn child and was loaded up on fentanyl and was accidentally killed while being restrained after trying to pass counterfeit money while having covid and not wearing a mask.

Reactions: nsbgamecock
I don’t call it raced based when there has been two blacks and 113 whites
That's idiotic. She is in no way qualified and would never even accept. Much happier spending her millions. And let's not forgot that it was Harry Reid that started all this mess by changing the rules to a simple majority (when he wasn't lying about Romney paying no taxes) for everything but the Supreme Court in order to push Obama's nominees through. McConnell told him not to do it and that it would come back to haunt him, and three Trump Supreme Court justices later, he was right.

And I don't want to hear about people raising hell at school boards who aren't following the science while the left spent a whole summer rioting and burning down parts of cities over a convicted felon who robbed a pregnant woman by threatening to shoot her unborn child and was loaded up on fentanyl and was accidentally killed while being restrained after trying to pass counterfeit money while having covid and not wearing a mask.
Accidentally killed? A jury did not agree that it was accidental. Do you call it being restrained after life has left the body?

At least 4 of those African Americans got into the law school based on their skin color.

Do you think any of the white students got in based on their skin color?

Do you think any of them got in based on their mom or dad giving a big donation to the school?

Reckon any got in because they had a friend in the SC legislature that called in a favor?

Accidentally killed? A jury did not agree that it was accidental. Do you call it being restrained after life has left the body?

Yeah, he killed him on purpose in front of a huge crowd that had cameras. Really? He probably just thought he was passed out because it was obvious he was on something. No jury was going to give him anything less than the maximum because they knew their lives would be destroyed.

You are probably right but I don't think Michelle Obama is remotely interested.

My favorite Democrat is Bob Casey of Pennsylvania. Moderate overall, smart, very good person and doesn't go on cable news.

I also like John Thune of South Dakota on the Republican side. I don't agree with him on everything but he's a good person and he's someone willing to work with other people and he doesn't play up the silly culture wars personally. He also tries to avoid cable news.

So in other words if one side acts like an idiot that gives the other side the “right” to be an idiot as well. Please don’t tell me these moron loud mouths that show up at school board meetings and compare a mask to the Holocaust are somehow “patriots”

So in other words if one side acts like an idiot that gives the other side the “right” to be an idiot as well. Please don’t tell me these moron loud mouths that show up at school board meetings and compare a mask to the Holocaust are somehow “patriots”

When someone has to claim to be a "patriot," that's good evidence they are likely nothing of the sort.

It's like the kid who keeps having to tell everyone that they are "smart."

Not really. These people make decisions that impact our lives. People deserve to know if they are unbiased judges or activists that push agendas.

What is sad is how politicians trainwrecked the process like they did with Kavanaugh. One of the dirtiest things I've ever seen in Washington.
Lindsey Graham likes here and referred to her as "fair-minded", based on his conversations with her. Whoever gets it won't be conservative enough to please conservatives. So, why not have it be a Carolina grad? That would be great publicity for our university, not to mention state.

Lindsey Graham likes here and referred to her as "fair-minded", based on his conversations with her. Whoever gets it won't be conservative enough to please conservatives. So, why not have it be a Carolina grad? That would be great publicity for our university, not to mention state.
True- plus

there is no such thing as an "unbiased" judge. That's impossible. Every human has biases.

also an "activist judge" is the judge that arrives at a decision that someone doesn't like.

I don't care who or what they are or where they are from. I just want judges that don't pretend to see thing in the Constitution that clearly aren't there and don't ignore things that clearly are.

If that person happens to be a Carolina grad, even better.

I don't care who or what they are or where they are from. I just want judges that don't pretend to see thing in the Constitution that clearly aren't there and don't ignore things that clearly are.

There are lots of things that aren't in the constitution that both conservative and liberal justices are ok with - they are just different things- again- based on their own biases

You are probably right but I don't think Michelle Obama is remotely interested.

My favorite Democrat is Bob Casey of Pennsylvania. Moderate overall, smart, very good person and doesn't go on cable news.

I also like John Thune of South Dakota on the Republican side. I don't agree with him on everything but he's a good person and he's someone willing to work with other people and he doesn't play up the silly culture wars personally. He also tries to avoid cable news.
Ben Sasse, Republican from Nebraska, is a lot like Thune. He is a good man who ought to run for President.

Poor thing, If only you'd applied between 1865 and 1964 you wouldn't have had to worry about that because only whites were admitted. And I'm sure you'd have had just as much moral outrage over that.

And, I'm sure you are just as outraged by the fact that as a number of great law schools such as UNC, the Ivy's and UVa still set aside spots for "legacies," i.e, children of alums, who are almost entirely white.

Sorry to interrupt your victimhood

Just as I stated in the other thread, if one side gets an advantage by acting like an idiot and isn't held accountable, be prepared for the other side to do the same. People don't like being held to different standards.

As for the handful of idiots that compare anything to the Holocaust, and both sides do it going back to Bush being Hitler, that's not really the issue. The issue is that we have been told to do this and that based on the science. And now that the science has proven the anything less than a n95 is basically useless, now the same people want you to do it just because they said so. Sorry, people don't get to literally control how I breathe just because they want to and it makes them feel better.

So, while a small percentage of the rhetoric is absurd, their complaints are absolutely valid, and certainly a far cry from burning down buildings, looting stores, and killing people.

Poor thing, If only you'd applied between 1865 and 1964 you wouldn't have had to worry about that because only whites were admitted. And I'm sure you'd have had just as much moral outrage over that.

And, I'm sure you are just as outraged by the fact that as a number of great law schools such as UNC, the Ivy's and UVa still set aside spots for "legacies," i.e, children of alums, who are almost entirely white.

Sorry to interrupt your victimhood

Well, you know what they say. Two racist wrongs make a right.

What wrong can we punish you for that may or may not have been done by some distant ancestor you never even met?

Last edited:

The constitution clearly says the right to bear arms is for the militia, but conservatives always seem to ignore that part of the constitution for some reason.

Reactions: Bftboy
Just as I stated in the other thread, if one side gets an advantage by acting like an idiot and isn't held accountable, be prepared for the other side to do the same. People don't like being held to different standards.

As for the handful of idiots that compare anything to the Holocaust, and both sides do it going back to Bush being Hitler, that's not really the issue. The issue is that we have been told to do this and that based on the science. And now that the science has proven the anything less than a n95 is basically useless, now the same people want you to do it just because they said so. Sorry, people don't get to literally control how I breathe just because they want to and it makes them feel better.

So, while a small percentage of the rhetoric is absurd, their complaints are absolutely valid, and certainly a far cry from burning down buildings, looting stores, and killing people.
1. What advantage was gained by rioting and looting?

2. So comparing something to The Holocaust isn’t really an issue. Regardless of which side does it, it’s an issue. It likely didn’t kill any of your family members, so maybe that makes it less of an issue to you.

3. You still get to breathe, it’s just people prefer you not breathe on them so that they don’t get sick and possibly die. That’s the name of the game. Trying to keep most people breathing without the need for a ventilator.

• Haha
Reactions: Cybercock
Yep. there's a reason McConnell blocked his nomination, that's what the Senate is there for. MG is now known to be a radical hack that had no business being on the SC. McConnell apparently knew this and saved the country a lot of heart ache and fortunately got a constitutional judge on the bench.
People seem to forget that this country is full of checks and balances. That process is one of them. It was well within McConnells right to block that nomination and that is what they did. If Obama wanted to nominate a justice he should have chosen one the senate would confirm. That’s how the process was designed to work. Not just vote in whoever the president picks no questions asked.

The constitution clearly says the right to bear arms is for the militia, but conservatives always seem to ignore that part of the constitution for some reason.
What exactly do you think a militia is?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Your reading comprehension sucks. No where in that does it say weapons are only for a militia. It says a militia is necessary for a free state. Therefore it is the right of the people to bear arms and that right should not be infringed.

Militia does not mean military. A militia is started by citizens.

Last edited:
People seem to forget that this country is full of checks and balances. That process is one of them. It was well within McConnells right to block that nomination and that is what they did. If Obama wanted to nominate a justice he should have chosen one the senate would confirm. That’s how the process was designed to work. Not just vote in whoever the president picks no questions asked.

Exactly. All McConnell did was spare Garland the embarrassment of being rejected.

What exactly do you think a militia is?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Your reading comprehension sucks. No where in that does it say weapons are only for a militia. It says a militia is necessary for a free state. Therefore it is the right of the people to bear arms and that right should not be infringed.

Militia does not mean military. A militia is started by citizens.
Militias are regulated by state governments as they were during the writing of the constitution.

It clearly says a well regulated militia. Who would regulate it if as you propose it just done by citizens?

I like Garland a lot. I think he's actually one of the least political AG's we've had. If anyone had a "right" to be political, it would be Garland. The way he was treated, as even some Republicans in Congress have admitted, was wrong and was 100% political.

John Ashcroft - He fought culture wars more than strict political ones.
Alberto Gonzalez- fairly political. Was seen as taking orders from Bush more than Ashcroft. His rep was hurt because he tried to find a way to justify torture to please the Bush Administration.
Eric Holder was very political- and served 8 years so his impact was influential.
Jeff Sessions was very political. But his tenure was short so it wasn't as impactful.
Bill Barr was quite political but not as political as Sessions or Holder in the overall scheme of things.

Garland, on the whole, is much more like Barr than Sessions or Holder.
Is this the same guy who put the letter out referring to parents in Virginia as domestic terrorists?

Militias are regulated by state governments as they were during the writing of the constitution.

It clearly says a well regulated militia. Who would regulate it if as you propose it just done by citizens?
Precisely, look up the definition of militia. No militias were not regulated by the state at that time that’s ridiculous. You think the militia that the swamp Fox led was regulated by the state? Seriously?

Let me reword it for you in modern English so you can understand. A well regulated militia is needed for the security of a free state. With that said it is the citizens rights to have arms and that right should not be taken away.

It does not say the right shall not be infringed for soldiers it says citizens.

Last edited:
Sounds like he's sucking up. The credentials of who Branden is going to shoose are pathetic and embarrassing. She will forever be known as the Token Black Female.
I can promise you, he has no need to suck up to anyone. His credentials, and the folks he has represented speak for his body of work. Mentioned it in my original post, he is one of the most conservative people I know. Knowing there will be an African American female appointed he voiced his support as he is very familiar with her on both a professional and personal level.

It protects the people's right to bear arms in order to form a "well regulated militia" when needed. People weren't expected to buy guns only when needed and then discard them after use. Or expected to count on the government to provide guns. Especially considering that they just fought a war against their own government.

Unless you can point to me all the historical references to the founding fathers rounding up guns from people that didn't meet your criteria.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT