ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Need a quality, traditional innerspring mattress

gr8spur

Sep 16, 2003
Recommendations? We've tried a top-rated bed-in-the-box, and hated it.

I'm old school. I have to go to a furniture/mattress store and lay on the mattress. We just got my grandmother a extra firm Sealy one. It's a basic mattress. No frills or anything. I think it came from Best Mattress. I'm probably going to get the same one TBH. I need a super firm mattress for my back. I don't need all those extra pillow tops and BS.

I'm old school. I have to go to a furniture/mattress store and lay on the mattress. We just got my grandmother a extra firm Sealy one. It's a basic mattress. No frills or anything. I think it came from Best Mattress. I'm probably going to get the same one TBH. I need a super firm mattress for my back. I don't need all those extra pillow tops and BS.
Ditto. We bought a Beautyrest from Mattress Firm a couple of months ago and are so far satisfied.

Got mine from matress firm. 3 years now and still happy. Before that we were on a bed in a box for about a year. Had Matress Firm haul that puppy away. Good riddance.

I have a top of the line Purple Mattress that I purchased about 5 or 6 years ago. I was nervous paying that much for a mattress without being able to test it first. But luckily I ended up liking it a lot.

Engineered sleep in the upstate, best mattress in Columbia. Both build custom mattresses at dang good prices. My wife is a back/side sleeper, I am a stomach sleeper. We need 2 different mattresses so that’s what we have. Hard on one side soft on the other glued together in the middle no seam. You wouldn’t even know if you didn’t lay on both sides.

Reactions: chief2791
Goodness, my wife and I started shopping for a mattress recently. We prefer the memory foam variety. There are literally endless options. It’s kind of ridiculous. And no consensus on which is best. A mattress ranked #1 in one listing will be rated terrible in another. The one we are probably leaning towards is a serta (newer version of what we already have) but it’s not on display in any stores.

Goodness, my wife and I started shopping for a mattress recently. We prefer the memory foam variety. There are literally endless options. It’s kind of ridiculous. And no consensus on which is best. A mattress ranked #1 in one listing will be rated terrible in another. The one we are probably leaning towards is a serta (newer version of what we already have) but it’s not on display in any stores.
Seriously do your self a favor and at least visit a custom mattress store before buying name brand.

Reactions: chief2791
Engineered sleep in the upstate, best mattress in Columbia. Both build custom mattresses at dang good prices. My wife is a back/side sleeper, I am a stomach sleeper. We need 2 different mattresses so that’s what we have. Hard on one side soft on the other glued together in the middle no seam. You wouldn’t even know if you didn’t lay on both sides.
Thanks for the input. I think me and the Mrs. will check out Best Mattress. We spent more than $2,700 on an Avocado, and we do not like it.

The older I get the more finicky my back gets. I went through multiple mattresses including Beauty Rest, Engineered Sleep Greenville, Purple 4 and either me or my wife woke up sore with pressure points. Finally found Air-Pedic 850 and it is one of the best investments I have made. It has three air bladders on each side with 2 adjustable zones (Head and Feet and Lumbar).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT