ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Samantha Josephson

I’ll respectfully disagree.

I used to think it was silly that prosecutors in murder cases would spend 20 minutes explaining the definition of “beyond reasonable doubt”. Now I understand. If you don’t have a basic grasp of the difference between “beyond reasonable doubt” and “irrefutable evidence”, all I can say is let’s pray you never end up on a jury where an important decision must be made.

Reactions: TAV31
A forensic scientist testified Friday that DNA found under the fingernails of the South Carolina man accused of killing a woman who mistook his car for her Uber ride is almost definitely the victim’s.

A forensic scientist testified Friday that DNA found under the fingernails of the South Carolina man accused of killing a woman who mistook his car for her Uber ride is almost definitely the victim’s.
Josephson’s DNA was under Rowland’s fingernails. This would seem to eliminate his innocence.

“beyond a reasonable sound” and “irrefutable evidence” are not the same thing. There is no reasonable doubt in this case. He either killed her or can name who did. As he’s apparently not named who did, he’s guilty. You don’t get to say “I didn’t kill her but I’m not saying who did, so find me not guilty”. That’s ridiculous.
I’m just talking about trying to get the death penalty. Juries don’t just typically pass that sentence around like free water.

I used to think it was silly that prosecutors in murder cases would spend 20 minutes explaining the definition of “beyond reasonable doubt”. Now I understand. If you don’t have a basic grasp of the difference between “beyond reasonable doubt” and “irrefutable evidence”, all I can say is let’s pray you never end up on a jury where an important decision must be made.
There’s no reasonable doubt you are a jack ass. We were doing just fine until you came along.

There’s no reasonable doubt you are a jack ass. We were doing just fine until you came along.

hey, don’t get mad at me because you don’t understand the basic difference between reasonable doubt and irrefutable evidence. You also don’t seem to understand the difference between being devil’s advocate and being obtuse.

I’m just talking about trying to get the death penalty. Juries don’t just typically pass that sentence around like free water.

juries- particularly southern red state juries- aren’t shy at all about passing the death penalty when a young girl has been stabbed 50+ times and her killer‘s driving his car around saturated in her blood with her personal effects still inside. of course, if you’ve got some evidence to dispute this claim, let’s see it. Theres no reasonable doubt in this case, murder cases don’t come much more open and shut than this one.

Reactions: TAV31
juries- particularly southern red state juries- aren’t shy at all about passing the death penalty when a young girl has been stabbed 50+ times and her killer‘s driving his car around saturated in her blood with her personal effects still inside. of course, if you’ve got some evidence to dispute this claim, let’s see it. Theres no reasonable doubt in this case, murder cases don’t come much more open and shut than this one.
1960 was a long time ago.

• Haha
Reactions: Cybercock
so if somebody says to give proof to back up your baseless claim that juries don’t give the death penalty when it’s an open and shut case with overwhelming evidence, your answer is “1960 was a long time ago.”
I think you should probably look at death penalty sentences over time and you’ll see a pretty hefty shift around 1960. It isn’t just given out like candy even if it’s an open and shut case.

Trash behind GF house is accessible by anyone. It included bloody sheets and other evidence
ATM video cannot identify defendant. Expert cannot say individuals in separate ATM videos are same person
Being in and around where body located does not indicate murder
No weapon identified and specifically tied to victim
defendant car with blood, dna and all cleaning items does not indicate murder
trying to sell victims phone does not indicate murder
No physical evidence on the defendants body - this is huge and makes me believe there is someone else
GF or friends know something. I'm hoping they can smoke something out.

This week has been about admission of evidence. They haven't questioned biological forensic scientists or other scientists that will hopefully help.
They did identify weapon. Had her DNA and his on it

There is no reasonable doubt in this case. Absolutely guilty.

Of course, "reasonable" is in short supply today, especially with the woke folk. Most will look for any reason to let him walk to satisfy with self righteous wokeness and could care less about justice and her family.
Drama much? I haven't heard of one person in two years who wants this guy to walk.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Even if he’s not convicted on the murder charge he’s still going to do 25-30 years for all the other crimes. It’s not like he’s going to walk out of the court room a free man or anything. It just comes down to is he going to do 25-30 years or is he going to do life.
Or is he going to do 10-15 years with getting out for good behavior?

John Wayne Gacy, Ted Bundy, Ed Gein, et.al., it isn't going to be a short list.
I would add Gary Ridgeway to that list. Ridgeway purported to have killed 75 women. The state of Washington proved he killed 48 but he is breathing air just like you and me are today.

Last edited:
They are going to parade witnesses that project him to be a choir boy that’s never been in trouble
Yep, pull out photos from when he was in middle and high school, talk about how great he was doing, going to church, just found the Lord again, looking for work, etc....

• Sad
Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I do not believe in the death penalty as a concept. When the state takes a life, it is saying that person is beyond redemption. I believe that that judgement is for God alone.

BUT damn if I don’t want to have 20 minutes with him in a room with me having a metal baseball bat
You are against the death penalty, but you would like to beat him with a baseball bat ? I have an entirely opposite view. I do not want to use a baseball bat on him, but I would like the state to pursue capital punishment for his heinous crime.

The Forensic Pathologist is on the stand now. This is going to be tough.
I have it muted because I am on a call for work but the comments show the forensic conversation must be brutal. Her poor family and friends. Whoever did this is sick and should never be released.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I have it muted because I am on a call for work but the comments show the forensic conversation must be brutal. Her poor family and friends. Whoever did this is sick and should never be released.
Respectfully, "sick" is an out that people can use to to justify mitigating punishment that is otherwise deserved. Perhaps that is not your intention. The perpetrator, whoever it is, is a wanton predator who, by reason of his intentional irremediable action, has relinquished his right to live.

Respectfully, "sick" is an out that people can use to to justify mitigating punishment that is otherwise deserved. Perhaps that is not your intention. The perpetrator, whoever it is, is a wanton predator who, by reason of his intentional irremediable action, has relinquished his right to live.
I was not using it as an excuse. I used the term loosely. The murderer is pure evil. She had 2 tablespoons of blood left in her body. Dear God.

I have heard people in law enforcement say that when a guilty person sees evidence like that, they almost always react differently than an innocent person does. The guilty look away, and the innocent focus in. I watched a little, but it was tough to judge camera angles, etc. He did not focus in, and it was obvious he started breathing heavier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT