ADVERTISEMENT

Outback Bowl

Is no more. My greatest memory is misjudging the winning field goal. Thinking it was short I sat down with my head down. Then the crowd went wild.
I was at that game as a kid (12 years old or so). Definitely a crazy one. These Ohio State guys sat behind us and were super confident heading into the game, and then by halftime, they were dead silent. Then OSU mounted their comeback and they started chirping again. OSU had all the momentum. If we don't hit that field goal I don't think I liked our chances in overtime, but luckily we'll never have to find out.

OSU was cocky both years. I was in college and enjoyed myself a lot. Met the OSU band that had some kids named shytdigger. Tons of fun.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I was there for both and yes the Bucknut fans were real sure about winning especially that first year. The first half in the rematch was some of the finest Gamecock football I have seen played . Thankfully we held on to kick that FG for the win In that disaster of a second half.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I was there in 2018 to witness both catches. The pass Shi caught was almost directly in front of where we were sitting 🤙🏼.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT