ADVERTISEMENT

Pawleys Island

gamecock_94

Dec 3, 2002
Just saw Frank Martin at Bilo. What's best long time seafood restaurant at Pawleys? Curious what folks will say

Both the Hanser House across from the 'old' Bi-Lo in front of Litchfield By the Sea and the Litchfield Fish House at the S. Litchfield causeway light are excellent 'traditional' seafood restaurants and MUCH less than just about anywhere else. Bistro 217 has very inventive seafood dishes that are anything except your typically 'fried' and the place is just nice.
Frank's - excellent -overpriced
Bliss - good - way over priced
Lee's - excellent - overpriced
Austin's - good - overpriced
Wicked Tuna - excellent - decent pricing, excellent sushi, as well - 4th Choice
Graham's Landing - excellent - decent prices ... 3rd Choice
Russell's - very good - decent prices - 5th Choice

1st Choice (for me) unless I'm looking for entertainment, too is the whole fried flounder at the Fish House - it's scored, deep fried in a light dusting and takes up the whole platter - they bring your sides in separate dishes.
2nd is the fried seafood platter at Hanser House - cost 'bout 1/2 what Lee's charges and is always good.

My son frequents Pawleys a lot...and loves Lee's. Lee's is owned by big Gamecocks fans!

Both the Hanser House across from the 'old' Bi-Lo in front of Litchfield By the Sea and the Litchfield Fish House at the S. Litchfield causeway light are excellent 'traditional' seafood restaurants and MUCH less than just about anywhere else. Bistro 217 has very inventive seafood dishes that are anything except your typically 'fried' and the place is just nice.
Frank's - excellent -overpriced
Bliss - good - way over priced
Lee's - excellent - overpriced
Austin's - good - overpriced
Wicked Tuna - excellent - decent pricing, excellent sushi, as well - 4th Choice
Graham's Landing - excellent - decent prices ... 3rd Choice
Russell's - very good - decent prices - 5th Choice

1st Choice (for me) unless I'm looking for entertainment, too is the whole fried flounder at the Fish House - it's scored, deep fried in a light dusting and takes up the whole platter - they bring your sides in separate dishes.
2nd is the fried seafood platter at Hanser House - cost 'bout 1/2 what Lee's charges and is always good.
Can't believe I didn't mention fish house. Hush puppy's, creek shrimp, fried oysters, flounder. Good stuff. And yes, Franks is pricy but a really cool atmosphere outback, and outstanding food. Ask for Angie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT