ADVERTISEMENT

Potential top 10 NFL Prospect Christian Wilkins turns down $$$ millions, decides to stay at Clemson

It's the place. Or maybe he wasn't getting the same assessment from the actual NFL people that was being put out by the Chris Mortensens of the world.

We had to work up to the deadline to rework our Rookie QBs deal, and added another love offering at New Spring. I think the thing that put it over the top was saying we would find a way to get him a nice low mileage new car , and his dad a car wash deal.

We had to work up to the deadline to rework our Rookie QBs deal, and added another love offering at New Spring. I think the thing that put it over the top was saying we would find a way to get him a nice low mileage new car.
I don't lack a sense of humor, but you might want to address that to someone who wasn't trying to find a more plausible legitimate explanation.

We had to work up to the deadline to rework our Rookie QBs deal, and added another love offering at New Spring. I think the thing that put it over the top was saying we would find a way to get him a nice low mileage new car , and his dad a car wash deal.
Actually I heard Dabo's new house really isn't his. Its the new dorm for the D line.

I don't lack a sense of humor, but you might want to address that to someone who wasn't trying to find a more plausible legitimate explanation.
Its my understanding he got a second round grade. As good as he has been I honestly think he needs to add more muscle and strength. Crazy to say a man at 300 isnt big enough but he really could benefit from turning about 20lbs of that from fat to muscle.

It is what it is, many won’t believe the real reason that they decide to stay and be part of the program, so I choose to have fun with it.

Dabo has built a monster of a program. i do not know how long it will last , but it has sure been a fun ride so far.

Wilkins is a very different guy. Graduated in 2.5 years, participates in Everything on campus. Read about him, he LOVES college life. He doesn't isolate himself from other students. He is at all the basketball games, all the baseball games, he is Mr. Clemson. Not surprised he is coming back.

Its my understanding he got a second round grade. As good as he has been I honestly think he needs to add more muscle and strength. Crazy to say a man at 300 isnt big enough but he really could benefit from turning about 20lbs of that from fat to muscle.

ESPN’s Todd McShay projected Wilkins to go No. 16 overall in the first round and both USA TODAY and ESPN regarded Wilkins as a top-10 “big board” prospect.

This is nuts but this is the guy that fondled tackled opponents in the pile. Guess this should not be surprising. Does he not know he is a top 5 pick in the draft and the 1st pick @ his position last season signed a 4 year $30 million contract with a $20 million signing bonus. He could build his own version of Dabo's playground with that income. What a foolish decision with tremendous risk for injury. He will be doing the same thing for nothing @ Clemson that an NFL franchise will pay him a fortune for.

This is nuts but this is the guy that fondled tackled opponents in the pile. Guess this should not be surprising. Does he not know he is a top 5 pick in the draft and the 1st pick @ his position last season signed a 4 year $30 million contract with a $20 million signing bonus. He could build his own version of Dabo's playground with that income. What a foolish decision with tremendous risk for injury. He will be doing the same thing for nothing @ Clemson that an NFL franchise will pay him a fortune for.

i am sure that He has a nice insurance policy in place.

We do but its so busy right now that by the time you type in a response the thread has 15 new additions. ;)

B.S. Why are you so obsessed with what Gamecock fans are talking about? Why are so many of you guys creating fake accounts here? It's creepy and pathetic. Stalkers.

I'm sure he does...probably around $10MM. But that would still most likely be less than his signing bonus...without even considering his annual contract.
Premiums according to this article are around 8k per 1 million. 80k. Who pays that? The school?

I'm sure he does...probably around $10MM. But that would still most likely be less than his signing bonus...without even considering his annual contract.
Jesus, how high do you think Wilkins was going to go? You're way off base, which is a part of why he's coming back. The talk of him going top 10-20 just wasn't realistic, and the NFL FO that gives players their grade pretty much said as much. $10 million signing bonus is top ten money. To go in his realistic slot, you're talking 4-5 million signing bonus. That's good money, but there's no reason to think he can shoot up draft boards with another AA season.

Reactions: agantt and wtbryig
Jesus, how high do you think Wilkins was going to go? You're way off base, which is a part of why he's coming back. The talk of him going top 10-20 just wasn't realistic, and the NFL FO that gives players their grade pretty much said as much. $10 million signing bonus is top ten money. To go in his realistic slot, you're talking 4-5 million signing bonus. That's good money, but there's no reason to think he can shoot up draft boards with another AA season.
No one knows. Don't have access to the NFL scouts and most services seem to be projecting him as top-20. That's the information we have...and based on that it makes no sense. The top person at his position last year, I believe got considerably more than what you are quoting.

No one knows. Don't have access to the NFL scouts and most services seem to be projecting him as top-20. That's the information we have...and based on that it makes no sense. The top person at his position last year, I believe got considerably more than what you are quoting.
Jonathan Allen was the first DT taken last year, and he went 17. Wilkins is every bit as good as Allen, if not better, but it all depends on needs and draft order. My guess is Wilkins would have gone anywhere between 20 and beyond. Early second round at the latest. Again, that's around 4-5 million guaranteed. My point is that Wilkins coming back isn't some sort of shock and it's not really that terrible of a decision. Spiller/McDaniel/Davis all should have gone and it showed down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT