ADVERTISEMENT

Potential top 10 NFL Prospect Christian Wilkins turns down $$$ millions, decides to stay at Clemson

It is what it is, many won’t believe the real reason that they decide to stay and be part of the program, so I choose to have fun with it.

Dabo has built a monster of a program. i do not know how long it will last , but it has sure been a fun ride so far.

All kidding aside, the average NFL career is 3.3 years. That does increase slightly for players who make their teams opening day roster in yr 1, but only to 5.5 to 6 years. If Dabo isn’t actively lobbying these early projections to take advantage of the $ while they can, that is at best, selfish, and at worst, downright criminal.

All kidding aside, the average NFL career is 3.3 years. That does increase slightly for players who make their teams opening day roster in yr 1, but only to 5.5 to 6 years. If Dabo isn’t actively lobbying these early projections to take advantage of the $ while they can, that is at best, selfish, and at worst, downright criminal.
How do you know what he told him? How do you know he is not say, “Christian if you are asking me I think you should go, but it is your decision. No one can make your mind up but you. There is always a spot on this team as long as you are eligible but you need to be sure with your decision.” That’s what I feel most people are telling him.

How do you know what he told him? How do you know he is not say, “Christian if you are asking me I think you should go, but it is your decision. No one can make your mind up but you. There is always a spot on this team as long as you are eligible but you need to be sure with your decision.” That’s what I feel most people are telling him.

I don’t know what he told him — and I hope you’re right.

It is what it is, many won’t believe the real reason that they decide to stay and be part of the program, so I choose to have fun with it.

Dabo has built a monster of a program. i do not know how long it will last , but it has sure been a fun ride so far.

A monster of a program that was made to look silly by Bama...

"A monster of a program that was made to look silly by Bama..."

Yeah, but we probably don't want to go there. They've played Bama a lot more than we have recently. Ditto for Auburn & LSU. And they have a home-and-home with Texas A&M starting next year. Hell, they run the SEC West gauntlet more than we do.....

Jesus, how high do you think Wilkins was going to go? You're way off base, which is a part of why he's coming back. The talk of him going top 10-20 just wasn't realistic, and the NFL FO that gives players their grade pretty much said as much. $10 million signing bonus is top ten money. To go in his realistic slot, you're talking 4-5 million signing bonus. That's good money, but there's no reason to think he can shoot up draft boards with another AA season.

What really makes no sense is nothing is changing at Clemson to make him a better player. They will have the same strength and conditioning staff and drop off in coaching since Hobby and Brooks left. He would be better off in an NFL program being worked like a professional by NFL coaches and not Dabo's old teammates and roommates. The recent hire was an analyst.

This guy likes to finger the bung hole..
222.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tbrambo
What really makes no sense is nothing is changing at Clemson to make him a better player. They will have the same strength and conditioning staff and drop off in coaching since Hobby and Brooks left. He would be better off in an NFL program being worked like a professional by NFL coaches and not Dabo's old teammates and roommates. The recent hire was an analyst.

Heard he is after a second NC ring.

Christian Wilkins is staying because the coaches and fans pleaded with him to stay. I spoke with one of their security guards today about the subject and he told me that their players LOVE Clemson and would miss college life and friends. So, he and others will stay. What the he'-ll, I said. Turing down large amounts of money to stay. I told him, if this is true, Wilkins and family have lost their minds. Clemson should be ashamed for pleading for a young man to stay, hoping he can help them to the play offs again. This can not be true. He had to been pulling my leg. This officer said he was at a recent dinner and heard the pleading. Sad, Sad

Reactions: Wise Cock
Christian Wilkins is staying because the coaches and fans pleaded with him to stay. I spoke with one of their security guards today about the subject and he told me that their players LOVE Clemson and would miss college life and friends. So, he and others will stay. What the he'-ll, I said. Turing down large amounts of money to stay. I told him, if this is true, Wilkins and family have lost their minds. Clemson should be ashamed for pleading for a young man to stay, hoping he can help them to the play offs again. This can not be true. He had to been pulling my leg. This officer said he was at a recent dinner and heard the pleading. Sad, Sad

/\ /\ /\ This plus all the bitcoin money /\ /\ /\

Heard he is after a second NC ring.

Doubt he gets it. Dabo will have to turnover some key staff members to do that.

Those guys are good pass rushers but can't stop the run without stuffing the box with run blitzes. Playing for free for that goal might end at Texas AM and those guys can think about all the money Arden Key and Bradley Chubb are getting paid for passing their NFL draft expectations.

Clem-dent is a loser, like the losers that pleaded for this young man to stay along with other fans that cried and pleading in class and outside class for this player and others to stay. BECAUSE THEY LOVE CLEMSON
PITIFUL FANS. WANTA BE ALABAMA
STUPID
Will try anything.

Reactions: Tigerbandit
This is so true. Clemson fans keep saying, O, they have 3 million insurance policy. So, don't go to the NFL, stay at Clemson, so we can have another try at the championship. Now, if the player gets hurt. Clemson, throws them to the curb. O, they should stay, because they LOVE CLEMSON. Forget the $$$ millions, we want you to stay.

Like Zion Williams, why would he even consider Clemson, when the basketball team have not had a good season for over 20 years. This is the best year they have had since the 80s.
Why would his parents let their son go to Clemson over Kentucky or NC State, big schools that have multiple championship. O, either Clemson fans going to his high school begging or someone, under the table. Hmmmmm$

This is so true. Clemson fans keep saying, O, they have 3 million insurance policy. So, don't go to the NFL, stay at Clemson, so we can have another try at the championship. Now, if the player gets hurt. Clemson, throws them to the curb. O, they should stay, because they LOVE CLEMSON. Forget the $$$ millions, we want you to stay.

Because they do what fans say.

Yes, it seems that way. Where are the parents. Shame, the parents don't step in and say, go to the NFL. Bottom line, your future is not Clemson, its why you play ball. To go to the NFL. Get your degree on line to finish, and go. Clemson, like many schools, have their own interests and that is $$$$, da---mn. they LOVE CLEMSON. DON'T BE STUPID. GO TO NFL.

Yes, it seems that way. Where are the parents. Shame, the parents don't step in and say, go to the NFL. Bottom line, your future is not Clemson, its why you play ball. To go to the NFL. Get your degree on line to finish, and go. Clemson, like many schools, have their own interests and that is $$$$, da---mn. they LOVE CLEMSON. DON'T BE STUPID. GO TO NFL.

I was kidding. They don't do what fans say.

Reactions: ymbi
We had to work up to the deadline to rework our Rookie QBs deal, and added another love offering at New Spring. I think the thing that put it over the top was saying we would find a way to get him a nice low mileage new car , and his dad a car wash deal.

More likely defender services is up to their old tricks

Spiller/McDaniel/Davis all should have gone and it showed down the road.

C.J. Spiller had a monster senior season that put him in the national spotlight and turned him into a top ten pick. Before that he never even led the team in carries. It was a brilliant decision on his part to come back and earn several million more than he would have gotten a year earlier.

Clem-dent is a loser, like the losers that pleaded for this young man to stay along with other fans that cried and pleading in class and outside class for this player and others to stay. BECAUSE THEY LOVE CLEMSON
PITIFUL FANS. WANTA BE ALABAMA
STUPID
Will try anything.
Actually, I doubt any coaches were "begging" him to come back. I believe the real reason is the uncertainty on his draft position. He is very athletic but too big for a DE and too small for DT. So if he can add muscle and improve is technique he can improve his draft position. Right now realistically he is a second rounder. Thats a big difference in money if he can move up to the first round per Business Insider
"Last year's top pick, Jared Goff, signed a contract worth $27.9 million, while the 12th pick received less than half of that at 12.8 million. In addition, only players in the first round received contracts that were at least 70% guaranteed.

Things really drop in the second round, where the average contract was worth about $5.1 million over four years ($1.3 million per year), according to Spotrac.com, but with only half of that guaranteed. The value of third-round contracts drops to $3.3 million, but takes an even bigger hit in guaranteed value, with the average contract worth just $756,000 in guaranteed money."

I could care less if he had left. I'd still pull for Clemson just like you guys pulled for USC when Clowney left.
And I come here to talk football, just like I do every day with my Gamecock and Tiger friends. If you dont want my input just ignore me. Its easy.

Reactions: Zann77
It's so funny that so many taters "just come here to talk football", yet only show up.on threads to defend Clemson/Dabo. Where were you guys the other day when it was announced that Lattimore is returning to the Gamecocks? I mean, that's pretty huge in the college football world but none of you chimed in on any those threads?

Reactions: mbsurfside
It's so funny that so many taters "just come here to talk football", yet only show up.on threads to defend Clemson/Dabo. Where were you guys the other day when it was announced that Lattimore is returning to the Gamecocks? I mean, that's pretty huge in the college football world but none of you chimed in on any those threads?

That is a fair comment. However (1) when a thread is about Clemson, expect Clemson responses and (2) staff hires are not huge news outside the Univ. You dont care, for instance, that Jeff Davis is on the Clemson staff. Its a common practice, something an SC fan should like, but not news to anyone else.

But sure, having said that, it should be a great move by SC. Marcus is a great person, and should add a lot to the University in several ways. Great move, and overdue.

But if you want to talk about field coaches, sure, a fun subject. For instance, it seems to me that SC is putting together a good staff on the defensive side of the ball. On offense, the deal to get Jake might be hamstringing SC more than Jake is worth. On one hand, dad is not a rising coach, being passed over in the latest shuffle, but on the other hand Muschamp cant afford to piss off either son or dad. It seems to have left Muschamp without maneuvering room on that side of the ball, and it might have affected recruiting. None of that is criticism, and in his first yeat he had to make some moves like that. Just saying it looks unwieldy two years later.

Clemson has potential issues too. D looks fine. But two young guys as OC cant last forever. If you ask CU fans, they will say the next head coach should be Elliott (as if they know, but its a good take). But that also makes him the first person someone else comes looking for. Is there another OC on the staff?

Last edited:
Funny you mention Lattimore. I saw that news the other day and it made me smile (I havent smiled much since Bama kicked our butt). He is going to be a fantastic addition to your program. I really like the position they are placing him in. Any parent would be happy to know someone of his caliber was helping their child become a successful man. I just think its crazy they couldnt hire him last year because of his ties to some football camps or something like that.

Of course Clemson fans are going to be proud of Clemson. But we also recognize character, even in our biggest rival. There were several posts on TigerNet with people saying the were happy for Lattimore. I think the hire is a great move by USC.

Now that the SEC is back on top, maybe the NCAA will start smelling something fishy is going on in kitty town.

Reactions: section907
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT