ADVERTISEMENT

Primetime vs Clemson

We'll have to agree to disagree on that. Given all the pre-season hype, our receivers have sucked. I can't even count how many times they've dropped well thrown balls. Look at the receivers on some of the top teams like Bama and Clemson. How many times have you seen their WR's drop balls like ours do?

I think you are missing the point. I am saying Clemson is better than us talent-wise across the board. Only position we even compare talent-wise would be at WR. I do not think we are better, but it’s the only position we come close.

Reactions: Cockadoodle4
2000 was a day game

It was either a 3:30 or 4pm game. The end was definitely at night. It was freezing and it started snowing immediately after the game. That was the pushoff game. Talk about a guy who had his moment in history stolen from him...can anyone, WITHOUT LOOKING, name the player that scored the go-ahead TD? Hint: we fumbled in the end zone and he recovered it for the touchdown.

If not the late afternoon, may be thinking of ‘99 or ‘01 at home, both noon kickoffs.

Last edited:
We should have beat TAMU and we would destroy the others on that list - well, maybe not destroy, but comfortably beat.

That’s comical. The cuse would move the football all over that Swiss cheese defense. I don’t see how you can say that you would comfortably win any of those games when you take into account your current record. The teams I listed are top 30 teams. Do you know what USC is currently ranked. In the high 40’s that’s where.

I think you are missing the point. I am saying Clemson is better than us talent-wise across the board. Only position we even compare talent-wise would be at WR. I do not think we are better, but it’s the only position we come close.
We have a better kicker and offensive line than they do.

Nope. 2000 was a night game (Maybe started at 3:30 or 4 and that might be what you meant) at Clemson. It was freezing and it started snowing immediately after the game. That was the pushoff game. Talk about a guy who had his moment in history stolen from him...can anyone, WITHOUT LOOKING, name the player that scored the go-ahead TD? Hint: we fumbled in the end zone and he recovered it for the touchdown.

If not the late afternoon, may be thinking of ‘99 or ‘01 at home, both noon kickoffs.

Was it Thomas hill? That’s what’s coming to mind I may be way off.

Reactions: Carolina4
Was it Thomas hill? That’s what’s coming to mind I may be way off.

Nice! Honestly I didn’t even remember. But that’s it. Watson stretched the ball out and got hit. Ball shot out and Hill dove on it and got piled on by 3 Clemson defenders. He’d likely be well-known for that moment as if he doesn’t recover they easily do. Instead we all know what happened.

And who was the holder for Clemson when they kicked the winning field goal after yet another defense could not keep them from driving down the field? One of Brad Scott's sons. Oh, the irony of it all.

And who was the holder for Clemson when they kicked the winning field goal after yet another defense could not keep them from driving down the field? One of Brad Scott's sons. Oh, the irony of it all.

Yep, Jeff. Current Clemson OC. Crazy to think I remember watching him throw football on the Gamecock sidelines as a young teenager.

I was being a little sarcastic. It's sad that the game won't even be competitive and they are putting it in the marquis spot - instead of buried in the 12-3 time slot.
Actually the 12 is not a buried spot, it is a national spot if it's ESPN or ABC. The 12:20's and 3:30's are the regional games. The only other guaranteed national spot outside of 12, 7, 8pm is the NBC showing of ND whatever time that is.

We should have beat TAMU and we would destroy the others on that list - well, maybe not destroy, but comfortably beat.

I like your optimism. So You think that you would beat comfortable 2/3rds of the teams in the current top 25? I hope RT feels that way and extends Coach Muschamp's contract another 5 years.

WR? not so much. I will take this group over any in the country,

Tee Higgins 39 577 14.8 64 (TD) 7
Justyn Ross 25 495 19.8 59 (TD) 5
Amari Rodgers 38 468 12.3 68 (TD) 4
Hunter Renfrow 35 385 11.0 40 1
Diondre Overton 12 165 13.8 61 3
Derion Kendrick 8 125 15.6 38 0
Trevion Thompson 12 119 9.9 21 1

Reactions: cutiger55
Reactions: ImmaTiger
WR? not so much. I will take this group over any in the country,

Tee Higgins 39 577 14.8 64 (TD) 7
Justyn Ross 25 495 19.8 59 (TD) 5
Amari Rodgers 38 468 12.3 68 (TD) 4
Hunter Renfrow 35 385 11.0 40 1
Diondre Overton 12 165 13.8 61 3
Derion Kendrick 8 125 15.6 38 0
Trevion Thompson 12 119 9.9 21 1

I think Deebo and Edwards would play on that team and put up massive numbers as well. Again, though, not saying our position is better. Just that WR is the position we even compare. Everywhere else across the board it’s a significant advantage for Clemson. I still think Clemson has better WRs. But that’s the only position we are even near them. Why is this so hard to understand?

I think Deebo and Edwards would play on that team and put up massive numbers as well. Again, though, not saying our position is better. Just that WR is the position we even compare. Everywhere else across the board it’s a significant advantage for Clemson. I still think Clemson has better WRs. But that’s the only position we are even near them. Why is this so hard to understand?

Don't disagree that Deebo would play at Clemson. Kid is a baller. He would be fighting with Amari Rogers for PT.

Edwards is good too, but I want to say we wanted him as a DB, but I may be mistaken in that. The kid can play but IMO he wouldn't get as much PT as Deebo would.

I think that people give too much credit to Bryan Edwards, I do not think that he has the hands to play on Sundays long term. He will get a shot because he has all the other skills. His hands seem more fitted for defense in my humble opinion. I could be way off here, but man has he had a lot of bad drops.

Deebo , could and would play at any power 5 school. No where near the depth in that area. Clemson doesnt have enough footballs. I didn't even list any of the receivers that catch a lot of passes as well.

I think that people give too much credit to Bryan Edwards, I do not think that he has the hands to play on Sundays long term. He will get a shot because he has all the other skills. His hands seem more fitted for defense in my humble opinion. I could be way off here, but man has he had a lot of bad drops.

He’s had drops this season but over the past two years his hands were tremendous. Think it’s in his head right now. He’ll be fine. He’s made some amazing catches in his time as SC.

We have a better kicker and offensive line than they do.
I think Cuse is actually pretty good. Not a favorable match up for South Carolina . Be careful what you wish for. I’ll bet the Belk bowl is foaming at the mouth hoping to get a USC Vs NCST matchup this year in Charlotte. Last one with ball wins

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT