ADVERTISEMENT

Pruitt punching a hole in Kirby's ship at UGA?

midline

Dec 27, 2007
Reportedly Pruitt at UT just hired Jim Chaney the current OC at UGA

Reportedly Pruitt at UT just hired Jim Chaney the current OC at UGA
What’s going on over there all of a sudden? Players leaving early and transferring. Now coaches jumping ship for lateral moves. Is it not all peachy in fleabag-land?

Reactions: NetworkX
What’s going on over there all of a sudden? Players leaving early and transferring. Now coaches jumping ship for lateral moves. Is it not all peachy in fleabag-land?
Coaches aren't jumping ship. Tucker got a HC job. Smart moving forward from Chaney.

Might be a lateral move on paper but is being reported his salary jumps from $900k to $1.5 million.

Chaney is the fall guy because Fromm can't finish the job in big games. I think Fields will be better than Fromm in the long run. Lawrence already is.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Chaney is the fall guy because Fromm can't finish the job in big games. I think Fields will be better than Fromm in the long run. Lawrence already is.

Chaney is no fall guy. UGA hardly three him under the bus because of the teams underwhelming Texas performance. There was a bidding war, and apparently Fulmer was going to go as high as it took to get him. So any crap coming out of Georgia that UT got used goods that they no longer wanted is completely false.

As far as Pittman. Been no rumor of that. Could happen if UT wants to pay for him I presume. But supposedly Pruitt and Fulmer both think Will Friend who is already on that staff is the guy they want to stay with.

Chaney is no fall guy. UGA hardly three him under the bus because of the teams underwhelming Texas performance. There was a bidding war, and apparently Fulmer was going to go as high as it took to get him. So any crap coming out of Georgia that UT got used goods that they no longer wanted is completely false.

As far as Pittman. Been no rumor of that. Could happen if UT wants to pay for him I presume. But supposedly Pruitt and Fulmer both think Will Friend who is already on that staff is the guy they want to stay with.

Fulmer is used to winning bidding wars. He has plenty experienced during his time recruiting as HC.

Reactions: DarkCock

You may be right about Kirby, but plenty on DawgNation thought he was "too conservative" and wanted him to leave. More than one person has said that they went after Chaney to get Pittman. All this was said prior to him departing.

They might regret those words in the years to follow. We'll see.

UT's exuberance seems a bit over-the-(Rocky)top. He was Arkansas' OC in 2013 in one of our most dominant defensive performance in recent memory. He was better against us at Georgia with more talent.

Is he really a difference-maker, though?

You may be right about Kirby, but plenty on DawgNation thought he was "too conservative" and wanted him to leave. More than one person has said that they went after Chaney to get Pittman. All this was said prior to him departing.

They might regret those words in the years to follow. We'll see.
IIRC, UGA hired Chaney to get Pittman. Pittman was the one they wanted, not so much Chaney, whose reputation has suffered since his Purdue days.

Any chance UGA comes after Coach McClendon or Bentley?

UT's exuberance seems a bit over-the-(Rocky)top. He was Arkansas' OC in 2013 in one of our most dominant defensive performance in recent memory. He was better against us at Georgia with more talent.

Is he really a difference-maker, though?

That us what I was thinking. He doesn't have the offensive talent at UT that Georgia has and he will be familiar to the East Division coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT