ADVERTISEMENT

Put your AD hat on.

Bottom line is that next year, our chances of being better are slim to none. If we don't dance this year, how do we justify keeping him when we know we lose at least 3 seniors and potentially a Soph...which means without a major recruit, we don't dance next year either.

Bottom line is that next year, our chances of being better are slim to none. If we don't dance this year, how do we justify keeping him when we know we lose at least 3 seniors and potentially a Soph...which means without a major recruit, we don't dance next year either.
Wondered the same and agree with you. Guess we are just going to have to let it play out.

Though, after this year if I were FM, I'd dang sure ask for a long term contract extension with a big buy-out or go elsewhere.

I agree with you. I probably could get about the same results as Greg Marshall.
If you could coach the Winthrop Eagles to 7 NCAA appearances you'd be a candidate imho...even though Marshall's "warchest" wasn't big enough.
Thx again Hymen

Marshall's probably coached in more NCAA tourney games than Frank has attended. That's why I say hire him and give him 10 years. But after 3, at most, the only thing we'd need to give him is more money to hang on to him because bigger schools would come calling.

But what the hell, let's give Frank 10. What's 5 more years after the last miserable 40.

Reactions: rogue cock
Wondered the same and agree with you. Guess we are just going to have to let it play out.

Though, after this year if I were FM, I'd dang sure ask for a long term contract extension with a big buy-out or go elsewhere.
I hope he does and chooses the latter when Tanner denies it.

What does that have to do with your post about Mack helping our team when he couldn't remain on the team HE chose to go play for???
Who is to say if he came here if he would have gotten into trouble? Regardless if we could get the top player in the state most of the time it would be HUGE.
Could u imagine if j O'Neal came here? Kevin Garnett? Just sayin we have talent in SC

No one is coming here. It is a piss poor job and a piss poor program. We are lucky to have Martin. Progress, slow as it is, is being made. I'm for seven years on Martin. Nobody else could do it in 5 or 6. We are already somewhat of a basketball joke, so why become the laughing stock?

Very grateful for three straight winning seasons. Maybe we make the dance this year or next year. After 7, then you will have removed all doubt.

Reactions: mavcock
There are 3 things in life that are permanent, Death, taxes and Chris Silva fouling out of a game. FM can't control that or Dozier and Notice showing up every week or so. Keep Martin and see where it goes - no one is dying to be our coach. We hired Steve Newton if you young posters don't remember, and that is the type of coach that will consider coming here if we get rid of Martin.

Who will want him? A mid-major, maybe? I just don't see him getting an offer from a major conference team - especially after missing the tourney 5 years in a row (if we don't make it).

He doesn't seem like the money-seeking type, though.

Who is to say if he came here if he would have gotten into trouble? Regardless if we could get the top player in the state most of the time it would be HUGE.
Could u imagine if j O'Neal came here? Kevin Garnett? Just sayin we have talent in SC
Both went into the league. Jermaine wanted to be a GAMECOCK, but Garnett a blue devil...neither had the grades.
I sat by Jermaine at the 4A championship. He watched BJ lead Irmo to the title. He said he could shut him down.(88'?)

Take off garnet glasses and ask
If you could go anywhere for BB would you rather be the star of a middle of the road struggling team; or # 6-8 off bench for Duke UNC UK etc.? BB is not like FB. In FB you may not play if not a starter. In BB you will likely play.
Also we have to fight schools like Butler Xavier Monmouth Villanova Marquette Penn that are not players in FB; but represent a great opportunity and maybe the chance to stay close to home.

10 years ago u would laugh if I told u Clemson would be signing as many top Qb as they are. It is possible take off your garnet glasses and realize it takes commitment from the powers that be

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT