ADVERTISEMENT

Raleigh regional

The thing about these smaller conference teams, the can have a really good pitcher and compete, but unable to sustain many games!!
No doubt! I saw some good pitching in the first day yesterday. Surprised the heck out of me.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Wake/ECU game was on ESPN2. Crazy back and forth scores at the end. Wake scored 5 in the top of the 9th to go up 6-4. ECU scored 3 in the bottom of the 9th to win the game and eliminate Wake.

Wake/ECU game was on ESPN2. Crazy back and forth scores at the end. Wake scored 5 in the top of the 9th to go up 6-4. ECU scored 3 in the bottom of the 9th to win the game and eliminate Wake.
I blame WF coach for that loss, should've pulled the pitcher after 2 men got on base and no outs, but in true Kingston fashion, he waited until they were tied with bases loaded and no outs

It's about damn time they did a split screen when they interview a coach or player during a game. Unreal it has taken this long. Thank you

How about two of our most productive hitters today being Tippett and Brewer? To think Kingstone wouldnt even have them in the game if it werent for injuries. Not sure what Kingstone even does here

Reactions: sclawman77
Does Lecroy ever take ifield practice? Does he not work on throwing to first base. He had a week since the SEC tournament to work on things. The worst fielding team in recent memory.

How about two of our most productive hitters today being Tippett and Brewer? To think Kingstone wouldnt even have them in the game if it werent for injuries. Not sure what Kingstone even does here
Guys, if you will remember we weren't scoring enough during the middle part of conference play when Brinling replaced Brewer and it seemed to give the offense a spark, the same thing when Tippett went down, we had to give up defense to shift people around to keep enough offense on the field. I would say it worked to a degree because Tippett struggled to get back on the field, granted we have made some bad defensive plays lately, but we have traditionally been a good to very good fielding team, even under Kingston, so it is out of character to not make the standard plays. The bottom line is you have to be good at all phases of the game to compete with the nations best and I haven't seen that much with this team this year, we're usually missing one piece in every game, pitching, hitting, or defense!

Guys, if you will remember we weren't scoring enough during the middle part of conference play when Brinling replaced Brewer and it seemed to give the offense a spark, the same thing when Tippett went down, we had to give up defense to shift people around to keep enough offense on the field. I would say it worked to a degree because Tippett struggled to get back on the field, granted we have made some bad defensive plays lately, but we have traditionally been a good to very good fielding team, even under Kingston, so it is out of character to not make the standard plays. The bottom line is you have to be good at all phases of the game to compete with the nations best and I haven't seen that much with this team this year, we're usually missing one piece in every game, pitching, hitting, or defense!
I hear ya. What I find disturbing is when you bring in a guy who was riding the bench and he out produces the lineup. Scratch that. It's really not all that disturbing... it happens. What is disturbing tho is having two guys come in and out produce your lineup. I mean good for those guys but it doesn't say much for what has happened to the rest of your lineup.

I've seen a lot of exciting 9th inning comebacks in the tournament this year. Not very confident we will be one of them.

Well for at least the third inning in a row, leadoff is on. You would think we would cash in at some point. Never mind Brewer is out

And there you have it... the last pitch we see this year is a called third strike. Fitting end.

Lucky to win one game this weekend. The time has come to move on. There is no reasonable expectation that more time will help at this point. Sad thing is that today's kids don't even remember us being a powerhouse because it was so damn long ago at this point.
12 years since we were in Omaha. A distant memory now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT