ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking SEC college towns worst to first.

I don't get the love for Ole Miss other than the hot girls running around. But I've found hot girls running around pretty much at every school I visited. I haven't been to Auburn, MSU, or A&M, but I've been to the rest. And what are we exactly voting on? Location? People? Life style? Income? Etc...

I don't get the love for Ole Miss other than the hot girls running around. But I've found hot girls running around pretty much at every school I visited. I haven't been to Auburn, MSU, or A&M, but I've been to the rest. And what are we exactly voting on? Location? People? Life style? Income? Etc...
You have hit upon why such lists, whether they be about the best college towns, best places to retire, or whatever, are meaningless. It makes for an interesting conversation, I suppose, but there are too many variables among cities and we're all looking for different things. For me, it would come down to whichever town is closest to some big friggin' mountains.

Reactions: TAV31
Here is my opinion of what the list should be
1- Ole Miss
2- UGA
3- Bama
4- LSU
5- UT
6- FLA
7- Auburn
8- USC
9- Texas A&M
10- Kentucky
11- Arkansas
12- Vandy
13- Miss St
14- Mizzou
I just don't get the love for Auburn. To me, it's a larger Clemson with an excess of toilet paper. Switch USC and Auburn, imo. Looking at SEC schools located in cities of more than a half million population, Carolina comes in first.

Any list that doesn't have Nashville and Oxford as 1/2 isn't really worth reading. UGA is probably 3rd. Knoxville is nice enough. Tuscaloosa is worth the visit just because of football history. Fayetteville, Columbia, Columbia, Starkville, Gainesville, College Station, Baton Rouge, one can throw a blanket over all of them. Nothing special at all.

Did they get the list backward? Nashville at 13 is absurd.
I am with you, but I am guessing the list is regarding the college atmosphere of the town. If Vanderbilt wasn't in Nashville, it would still be awesome. Being in Columbia has never elevated the cool factor. Places like Athens and Oxford are "college towns". Columbia or Nashville are cities where colleges are located. Just a guess though.

Sorry, but any list that puts Starkville higher than 14 is not a list - it’s blasphemy. It would be ranked last in the country - not just the SEC.

Oxford is the best road trip we’ve been on. We got treated amazingly and the girls are gorgeous. Hospitality was second to none. And the game was great and we won.

I noticed that to. Unbelievable! Lexington at 14 is another head scratcher, as well as a few others!
UK for game day atmosphere does really suck. But Keeneland makes for a great overall weekend in October. Never been to Mizzou but it seems dull on tv. I could be wrong.

So you up for a game this year? Maybe the UT game in Cola?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT