ADVERTISEMENT

Ray Tanner..........PAY THEM!

I want them to both, be forever known as South Carolina Gamecock coaches. They are ours! Not someone(s) who made their name at another school. They are OURS, and I hope they both stay here for a long, long time!

Last edited:
They get bonuses for every level that the teams advance. They should be paid close to the top of the other top coaches (at least Dawn at this point). Up their regular pay by make sure they have incentive by keeping the bonuses high.

I see that Dawn's contract contains a $400,000 bonus for winning the national title (along with a number of other bonuses for winning the SEC, etc.) I'd give her the bonus money while also upping her 1.1mil salary by that same amount. I think that would make her the 2nd highest paid behind Auriemma.

I see that Dawn's contract contains a $400,000 bonus for winning the national title (along with a number of other bonuses for winning the SEC, etc.) I'd give her the bonus money while also upping her 1.1mil salary by that same amount. I think that would make her the 2nd highest paid behind Auriemma.
I agree 100%...She should be 2nd highest paid behind Geno..It wouldn't bother me if we paid her more than Geno...She is only 46...Tennessee was talking about firing Holly Warlick and offering Dawn 2.5 mil...You and i know Coach Staley wont leave USC for UT...But they don't know that...We need to pay her at a level where other schools say no way we can compete...Ohio St and Virginia already tried to steal her away...OSU offered big bucks and Dawn said no...UVa asked for an alumni discount and Dawn said heck no

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
pay them both$$$$$$$$$ and their staff. Give the janitor a raise as well. Lord knows the university made it. Keep these coaches happy.

Pay Frank. Not sure there is enough of an upside to the women's game to break the bank there.

Ray already gave Frank a contract extension last year when many fans wanted to fire Frank. Wise move.

There is enough upside to keeping Dawn, she is bigger than WBB. She's a sports icon. Plus instant credibility.

Pay Frank. Not sure there is enough of an upside to the women's game to break the bank there.

The publicity Dawn has already brought plus what she will bring as the USA Olympic coach to USC is priceless. The publicity Frank has brought recently is equally priceless. Our administration is foolish if they don't lock them both down. Pay them what they are worth and give them no reason to want to go anywhere else.

Reactions: rogue cock
Not sure I know the exact specifics of Franks current contract. I will say that as someone who used to give 0 f's about womens basketball, Dawn is as special as they get. She's more than just results on the court, she in herself is a brand- she is a special human being that we need to lock up.

As far as Frank is concerned, I just looked up his contract details. According to USA Today, he is currently the 18th highest paid coach in the country and third in the SEC behind coach Cal and Mike Anderson at Arkansas. He is being paid by the school $2.45 million a year. Thats a very reasonable contract and Martin really doesn't strike me as the type to leave for more money. With that being said I wouldn't mind bumping up the salary to at least 3 mill a year which would put him at 8th in the country. There is no reason to leave the door open at all-we have something special that we can't afford to lose.

With ESPN becoming less profitable, I wonder how long the days of the 8 jillion dollar coaches will last.

Do the wise, prudent thing towards both coaches. Make it worth their time to stay AND produce. Look at income adjustments and incentives first - don't lock in with long term commitments unless there's a buyout clause and some kind of 'escape clause' for the school in the event there are NCAA violations (big ones) or legal/morals issues.

Do the wise, prudent thing towards both coaches. Make it worth their time to stay AND produce. Look at income adjustments and incentives first - don't lock in with long term commitments unless there's a buyout clause and some kind of 'escape clause' for the school in the event there are NCAA violations (big ones) or legal/morals issues.

Exactly.. up their base but also up their incentives. A 1 million bonus for a championship in any of the big 4 makes sense to me.. or atleast incentives that pay during each step to equal that amount (200k sweet sixteen, 200k elite eight, 200k final four, 400k for a championship). Then protect our investment with buyouts.

Dude please...that's 20 year old logic...Our women's basketball program makes a lot of money..I am talking profits

Absolutely untrue. It loses money. Big money. Not saying I care because we still have plenty of cash, but anyone who thinks women's basketball makes money is so far from reality a road map wouldn't help.

Absolutely untrue. It loses money. Big money. Not saying I care because we still have plenty of cash, but anyone who thinks women's basketball makes money is so far from reality a road map wouldn't help.

The athletic dept published the numbers last year...We lead the nation in attendance...USC is one of 5 womens basketball programs in the nation that makes a profit...USC, UCONN, Tenn, Notre Dame and i forget the 5 th school all make money...Our baseball program also makes a profit...Not sure how long that will continue with Holbrooks incompetence

Reactions: 67gamecock
The athletic dept published the numbers last year...We lead the nation in attendance...USC is one of 5 womens basketball programs in the nation that makes a profit...USC, UCONN, Tenn, Notre Dame and i forget the 5 th school all make money...Our baseball program also makes a profit...Not sure how long that will continue with Holbrooks incompetence

Any chance you could link this? I'd love to see those numbers.

And you're spot on about Holbroke.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-2016-10

The 25 schools that make the most money in college sports

17. South Carolina — $113.2 million

57fd34f74046ddf8008b51f1-640-480.jpg
Grant Halverson/Getty Images

1-year change: +14.8%

5-year change: +41.7%

Donations: $31.2 million

Licensing/Rights fees: $41.1 million

3-year avg. football revenue: $54.9 million

3-year avg. men's basketball revenue: $8.2 million

3-year avg. women's basketball revenue: $1.0 million

Reactions: danny_dristor
Seriously? Have you not noticed all of the national exposure we've gotten since she came to Carolina? I didn't believe it when Hyman said that when he hired her, but, it's been true. She earns every penny and will, most likely, get a raise. And, we should be thankful that she is here to represent our university. Without her, we may not have gotten Frank.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT