ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting question

HI Cock

Oct 14, 2012
If a kid is 17 years old when he signs his letter of intent, how can it be valid if a minor can't legally enter into a contract (or be bound by one).

Do parents sign, too?

Last edited:
If a kid is 17 years old when he signs his letter of intent, how can it be valid if a minor can't legally enter into a contract (or be bound by one).

Do parents sign, too.
Yes. There was a player from Florida I believe, who several years ago who signed with a school and his parents refused to sign. Don't remember what ended up happening with that kid.

Yes. There was a player from Florida I believe, who several years ago who signed with a school and his parents refused to sign. Don't remember what ended up happening with that kid.
Wonder what's going to happen with that kid who committed to Florida yesterday.

Actually it was a kid from Georgia that wanted to go to UF and his parents wouldn’t sign the LOI because they wanted him to go to UGA . They eventually signed it , he went to UF and got in the Dog house and transferred to UGA . I don’t think he ever touched the field at UGA .

Reactions: rogue cock

Do parents sign, too?

yes... we just signed our son's financial "grant in aid" letter. Thats the official college "signing" contract by the way.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Seems like the mother of an Arkansas commit refused to sign his LOI for Arkansas. Not only that, she took off with it. Ended up getting his dad to sign another copy.

Still seems like there might be a loophole for younger players if they change their minds after signing day. XT, I'm looking at you.

Still seems like there might be a loophole for younger players if they change their minds after signing day. XT, I'm looking at you.

They would have to be released by the school if the signed fax was received. This has been tested before and didn’t go the way the player had hoped. He signed with two schools and the NCAA went by the time stamp on the received letter of intent.

XTs dad is a free man. He’s going to Clemson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT