ADVERTISEMENT

Rick Sanford blames fans for recruiting woes

The fans move the needle of a program. If no one ever complained nothing would ever change.
If this staff can’t prep the current roster to win occasionally they surely won’t with what’s on the recruiting trail. We aren’t exactly tearing it up out there. Recruits see 30-6 and losing to App at home too there “Dr Rick”.

Be patient you say? I'm 62 years old and have been a Gamecock fan since I was 8 or 10 years old. How long must I be patient?
When Muschamp stops mentioning his record over the first 3 years of coaching the program, maybe I'll think he gets it. And it's not like they were great years. Screw the past. I'm well familiar with the feelings I had during and immediately after the game yesterday.

Todd and Tommy basically did the same thing pregame. And then they interviewed Tanner. He sounded pathetically desperate to be optimistic even staying he's proud of the progress by Muschamp so far. Total spin machine. This is a hot dumpster fire. We have complete fools at the helm.

Gamecock fans have been sabotaging their own program for decades. They apparently care more about bashing their players and coaches than they do winning. There is a time and place to be critical, but on a forum read by all of our recruits is not that place.

Gamecock fans have been sabotaging their own program for decades. They apparently care more about bashing their players and coaches than they do winning. There is a time and place to be critical, but on a forum read by all of our recruits is not that place.
Spare us. Internet has only been around 25 years. Fans weren't the reason for crap football before it and aren't the reason now.

Please tell us where we should express frustration? The Dark Web? In a secret meeting place? Telepathically?

And fan frustration has nothing to do with our lack of success. That's ridiculous. How about hiring a coach that got fired at Florida and giving him a 20 million buyout? Was that a fan decision?

All fan bases complain when their program is bad. Even Bama fans. It’s human nature. USC fans are NOT responsible for this mess.

In fact, imagine if the attendance at WB was commensurate to the roughly .500 winning percentage fans have been treated to over the long history of this program. That would be able 20,000 fans maybe? What would recruiting look like then if our coaches couldn’t sell the great fan atmosphere?

USC fans are loyal. Every group has some complainers. It’s human nature. Fans are the best thing USC football has going for it so Dr. Rick needs to aim his fire elsewhere.

Last edited:
come on, that was Mark Sanford. This is Rick, former DB at USC and current pretend doctor (chiropractor)
I know. I went back to try to delete it. I'm dumb enough to type responses while fighting through a migraine. My bad.

Well ... if the players and coaches WON FOOTBALL GAMES there would be a little less “Bashing”. Not much of that happening when Spurrier was winning 10+ and owning Clemson . Coaches are paid millions they can deal . If players can’t take the criticism of playing big boy football they can go to Wofford or Furman . We don’t effect recruiting . Losing to App State and SEC bottom feeders effects recruiting .

Everybody has an opinion, and Sanford is free to have his. But he is like many others that put on their garnet glasses and act like any discouraging word is akin to degrading the efforts of some youth league church team. College football is big business. There is such a thing called return on investment. Muschamp is paid, and will be owed millions, for leading this effort. Folks pay very good money for the privilege to come to WB and support the program. When they start letting people in for free that is when it is time to pat everyone on the head for working up a sweat no matter the outcome. But when the head coach is independently wealthy and assistants make more than their wildest dreams, that day has passed. As far as recruiting.......would it be a speed bump if a change was made? Sure. But in the long game what would it matter? USC is recruiting decent, but not good enough to gain ground on the powers in the SEC, nor Clemson. And with this season now officially in the tank, and Muschamp squarely on the hottest of seats, do we not think that may negatively hurt recruiting more than a change? I go back to the same question that ran through my mind the day he was hired. If he couldnt win big at a recruiting paradise like UF, who in the world thought he could win big at USC?

Last edited:
Well ... if the players and coaches WON FOOTBALL GAMES there would be a little less “Bashing”. Not much of that happening when Spurrier was winning 10+ and owning Clemson . Coaches are paid millions they can deal . If players can’t take the criticism of playing big boy football they can go to Wofford or Furman . We don’t effect recruiting . Losing to App State and SEC bottom feeders effects recruiting .
Yeah, I don't recall too many fans complaining during the 11-2 years. Wonder what the difference was...

We are patient. What's killing me is we are going backward what does that have to do with patients? Since Feaster got hurt Rico is back to being Rico because the pressure isn't there. JMO. I've never seen injuries like this either was WB built on a Native American burial ground or something? Just toss me a crumb every now and then..

No one is questioning that he WANTS to win, we are questioning does he know how to win? I think the answer is obvious after two jobs and all the opportunities in the world to prove himself.
Haha, hell I want to be a zillionaire and wake up to a hot woman d
come on, that was Mark Sanford. This is Rick, former DB at USC and current pretend doctor (chiropractor)
About 20 years ago my wife had this back problem that wasn’t going away, one of her friends told her to go to this chiropractor guy and she kept coming home sore and saying he wasn’t really helping but she kept going to him. At first I was like what am I payin all this money for but then she said he was t even charging her for it so I just said ok we’ll keep getting them fancy masseges then. And then one day my daughter and I was out driving around and we go by the house so she can grab something and I see that bastard leaving my house. Turns out she’s been screwing him the entire time!! From allI can tell all them guys is good at is running there mouths and screwing wifes.

Get a competent coach in here that can recruit and get their players to perform good, winning football on Saturdays, then we can worry about what recruits think. All Muschamp had to do to shut fans up is to win some more games or at least not have his team come out looking like a sloppy mess nearly every week. The fans just wanted a 6-6 season.

About 20 years ago my wife had this back problem that wasn’t going away, one of her friends told her to go to this chiropractor guy and she kept coming home sore and saying he wasn’t really helping but she kept going to him. At first I was like what am I payin all this money for but then she said he was t even charging her for it so I just said ok we’ll keep getting them fancy masseges then. And then one day my daughter and I was out driving around and we go by the house so she can grab something and I see that bastard leaving my house. Turns out she’s been screwing him the entire time!! From allI can tell all them guys is good at is running there mouths and screwing wifes.

Woah?

Dang, guess you really hate chiropractors.

We've averaged a top 20 recruiting class the last 5 years yet Muschamp still can't field a top 25 team. Hell, we haven't even finished the regular season and we have no chance for a bowl game. We lost to App State!!

At Florida they finished 2nd, 12th, 3rd, 4th, and 8th in recruiting from 2010-2014 and Muschamp lost to Georgia Southern and went 11-13 his last two seasons.

Recruiting isn't the problem. He has wasted whatever talent he has recruited at Carolina and Florida. The problem is piss poor coaching. And the longer it is allowed to go on, the further and further we fall. Telling people to be patient is the most RIDICULOUS idea of all. Not surprising coming from that crook. Too bad our football team can't just file bankruptcy, am I right, Rick? Your opinion means squat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT