ADVERTISEMENT

Rocky Bottom Drama Continues

We're renting.
Be careful your true colors are about to be unveiled. We're renting? To get you to make a "they'll get there" comment about us is about as likely as me becoming a Tiger fan. So you think that UT will overcome their woes but our program will always bring question marks from you? Have about giving us a little love sometimes instead of wanting to be a modern day negative Nostradamus.

Be careful your true colors are about to be unveiled. We're renting? To get you to make a "they'll get there" comment about us is about as likely as me becoming a Tiger fan. So you think that UT will overcome their woes but our program will always bring question marks from you? Have about giving us a little love sometimes instead of wanting to be a modern day negative Nostradamus.
We were only renting UPC for those five years also, as it turned out. We used to say we "owned" Kentucky, but how is that playing out right now? UT has been places we haven't been. When we get to those places, our capability of attaining those achievements will have been established and I will have to assign us a greater historical significance than I presently can. Since they have been there and we haven't, I find no grounds to think that they won't do it again eventually, particularly since I have seen other football-oriented schools return to the pinnacle after decades-long absences. That said, they truly appear woeful right now, particularly in terms of culture.

Reactions: Zann77
We were only renting UPC for those five years also, as it turned out. We used to say we "owned" Kentucky, but how is that playing out right now? UT has been places we haven't been. When we get to those places, our capability of attaining those achievements will have been established and I will have to assign us a greater historical significance than I presently can. Since they have been there and we haven't, I find no grounds to think that they won't do it again eventually, particularly since I have seen other football-oriented schools return to the pinnacle after decades-long absences. That said, they truly appear woeful right now, particularly in terms of culture.
Oh come on King we're talking about our future not what happened 20 years ago. I'm talking about OUR GUYS not who has a history in football. Why can't ya believe as strongly that we will get there? Deep down in the heart of your bottom you don't believe it's possible and you'll be right there in the I told you so corner if it doesn't. Pick a side King.

Oh come on King we're talking about our future not what happened 20 years ago. I'm talking about OUR GUYS not who has a history in football. Why can't ya believe as strongly that we will get there? Deep down in the heart of your bottom you don't believe it's possible and you'll be right there in the I told you so corner if it doesn't. Pick a side King.
I don't have to pick a side because I have a side. But, while having a side, I take an overarching view and not a myopic view. Partisanship and pragmatism can coexist.

Things you can’t spell with out U T
Culture Problem
Current Issues
Dumpster Fire
Upset Fan Base
Upset Players
Thug Life
Mis-guided Recruits
Misunderstood
Misunderstanding
Butch Jones
Bruce Pearl
Jeremy Pruitt
Camp Drama
Citrus
University of (Everyone Else)
Pumpkin Stew

He's talking a while back. RB coach Jay Graham (had to go look it up) went up there, and...... I don't know who the second is that's referred to.
Reaves, who was the brother in law to the 1 year head coach. That same coach took off to SoCal after a year and didn't take bro in law with him, leaving him high and dry.

IMG_6952_cmb262.jpg

That was karma for Reaves. That jerk was actively recruiting for UT while STILL employed by us. And not just recruiting for them, but slamming us. Screw him.
Wasn't he the one behind the whole "Alshon will be pumping gas for a living if he goes to USC"?

Things you can’t spell with out U T
Culture Problem
Current Issues
Dumpster Fire
Upset Fan Base
Upset Players
Thug Life
Mis-guided Recruits
Misunderstood
Misunderstanding
Butch Jones
Bruce Pearl
Jeremy Pruitt
Camp Drama
Citrus
University of (Everyone Else)
Pumpkin Stew
Camp Drama?

Reactions: PerchedOnRings
Tennessee threw 5 passes in there 1st 7 offensive plays in their Spring Game and the 1st completion was an interception. That was the top 2 quarterbacks that could not make a completion. Tennessee sucks, Pruitt knows it and can't hide it.

Syracuse used to be good 40 years ago, how's that working out now.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Syracuse used to be good 40 years ago, how's that working out now.
Ol Ward Cleaver there, love and respect him as much as I do, his definition of realist SOMETIMES seems an identical twin to my definition of pessimist. =;-p

Just kidding Kingy! Just kidding!!

Reactions: tngamecock#
They weren't that good 40 years ago.

You’re killing me with semantics . Excuse me .....it was in the 60s. I should’ve looked up the years Jim Brown and Ernie Davis played for Syracuse. But you get the point ...they were damn good then and not so much now.

You’re killing me with semantics . Excuse me .....it was in the 60s. I should’ve looked up the years Jim Brown and Ernie Davis played for Syracuse. But you get the point ...they were damn good then and not so much now.
But they aren't the standard, either. UT was the team we were discussing. They have six national championships (most recently in 1998) and 16 conference championships. Their emphasis on football hasn't changed. The culture of their constituency hasn't changed. They are like UPC in that respect. They will get back to the top again because they'll keep plugging until they do. But I want to see us enjoy competitive leverage over them for as long as we can - and we'd better reestablish it over Kentucky or we ain't goin' anywhere big.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT