ADVERTISEMENT

SC Football Hall of Fame

Ghostang

May 6, 2019
Am I just missing it or is the #1 recruit in modern day football, Jadeveon Clowney, not listed?

The is the State HOF. Not the USC one. I'm not certain his pro career has quite lived up to the hype just yet to warrant the State HOF.
I will disgree with you that he needs to be on this list, His Pro career, HMMM average, but he was the #1 recruit possibly EVER, coming out of High School at South Pointe.. He was a Beast in college, he never lost to the Taters, was #1 pick in NFL draft, etc etc

I will disgree with you that he needs to be on this list, His Pro career, HMMM average, but he was the #1 recruit possibly EVER, coming out of High School at South Pointe.. He was a Beast in college, he never lost to the Taters, was #1 pick in NFL draft, etc etc
And there is nothing to say that he won't eventually be on the list. I just don't necessarily see it as a slight that he is not yet. I'm sure it will come in time.

Are there standards for these HOFs, or is the nominated one’s “body of work” reviewed by a committee that decides its merit?

Are there standards for these HOFs, or is the nominated one’s “body of work” reviewed by a committee that decides its merit?
There usually is. And there is usually some kind of "waiting period" before someone can be nominated. Like for the USC HOF it's a 5 year waiting period from graduation before someone can be nominated.

Reactions: cockofdawn
The is the State HOF. Not the USC one. I'm not certain his pro career has quite lived up to the hype just yet to warrant the State HOF.

With a few of the names on the list, I figured it was based on high school and college. Based on high school, I'd argue he has the strongest case of anyone in the modern day to be there. With his overall #1 draft selection, I'd say his college career would be good enough to put him there as well. To each their own though. I imagine he'll eventually get on the list!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT