ADVERTISEMENT

Shameik Blackshear

viennacocks

Dec 19, 2011
Has he played at all this year (maybe special teams)? I have watched all of the games but haven't noticed him getting snaps.

He made a big solo tackle near the line of scrimmage (at least, it looked solo form my seat in that dump they call Neyland). I truly believe that he'll be a major contributor, if not this year, then next. The coaches must have some confidence in him; he was playing in the second half of a very tight ballgame.

He made a big solo tackle near the line of scrimmage (at least, it looked solo form my seat in that dump they call Neyland). I truly believe that he'll be a major contributor, if not this year, then next. The coaches must have some confidence in him; he was playing in the second half of a very tight ballgame.
He got some time after Sawyer went out for a while w a hurt hand. He's still 3rd string. But yes, good to see him contributing and he did have at least one nice tackle.

Reactions: viennacocks
Did they ever catch the person who shot him? I'd hate to know someone was out there running loose who had shot me, especially if it had not been random.

Thanks. Glad to hear he's getting some snaps and contributing. Hard to believe he's only a Soph. Seems like he has been here for about 5 years.
I think next year he is gonna be a beast with another season of learning this defense. This kid has been through alot and was a 5 star when he committed to us but then got changed to a 4 star.

Wow. A good question that elicited a bunch of informative responses. That's kind of a rarity on this board.
Agree. I asked the question but was expecting responses such as, "if you paid closer attention, you would have notice he was getting PT". I appreciate all informative responses.

Reactions: legalsizecock
Was anyone ever charged in his shooting? I don't recall hearing.
If anyone ever was, I missed it. Moreover, when I read the news report of how it went down and that it was not a matter of him just being at the wrong place at the wrong time when a gun battle broke out, it led me to believe he was singled out. That's scary.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Meik was in on a TFL against Rocky Flop even though he only played a handful of snaps. Just needs more time in the weight room. If he stays the course and doesn't transfer out, I expect him to be a bigger part of the D next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT