ADVERTISEMENT

Simone Biles pulls out of the team competition. It's unknown at this point if she will compete in the individual events.

Like it or not she quit on her teammates. Her teammates did not go to Tokyo to win the silver medal. Who likes finishing second when they should be finishing first. This is something whether you like it or not she will not be ableto live down. Finishing second. Come on.
By some but most won’t care. She has proved herself more than most. She will be just fine.

By some but most won’t care. She has proved herself more than most. She will be just fine.
When she faced adversity she played the quit card. Any great athlete when they face adversity they rise to the occassion, they do not let their teammates down. History will show the facts she quit. Noone can deny that. Biggest quitter of all time. I mean no medical issues at all and she quit on her teammates. Hope she enjoys that silver medal because in the long run it should have been gold.

When she faced adversity she played the quit card. Any great athlete when they face adversity they rise to the occassion, they do not let their teammates down. History will show the facts she quit. Noone can deny that. Biggest quitter of all time. I mean no medical issues at all and she quit on her teammates. Hope she enjoys that silver medal because in the long run it should have been gold.
Get the twisties and throw yourself in the air 12’ and get back to me.

What is more pressure? Performing heart surgery or doing backflips?
An appropriate comparison would be trying to perform heart surgery while you have a temporary tremor. I would hope that any surgeon would be wise enough to know when to let someone else take the reins as you try to regain your compsure.

Reactions: rogue cock
An appropriate comparison would be trying to perform heart surgery while you have a temporary tremor. I would hope that any surgeon would be wise enough to know when to let someone else take the reins as you try to regain your compsure.
I didn’t think she had physical ailments. Was this not all mental?

Reactions: bflogger28
My point is she’s only a hero because the outcome doesn’t matter. Would a police officer be a hero if they ran away from a school shooting? Would a doctor be a hero if they walked away from a dying patient? Her job doesn’t matter, so it’s easy for her to quit with no consequences.
Those comparisons are not even close to her’s this is a stupid point.

Reactions: Gamekem
I didn’t think she had physical ailments. Was this not all mental?
The twisties is mental but she has zero control over it. She can’t say I’m going to suck it up and continue. It’s debilitating to the point that when she rotates she does not know up from down. Like a pilot not knowing if he’s flying into oblivion or the ground. She doesn’t know when to start and stop her rotation and that could cause a lethal injury, worst case scenario. Best case she gets points deducted from the total and they don’t even medal.

In your example it would be like a cardio thoracic surgeon having shaking hands he couldn’t control. In a way it is a physical ailment controlled but the brain. All gymnast go through it. I did at 12 and I wasn’t doing anything near as sophisticated as she is. I had to basically learn how to flip all over again. Most don’t know anything about it, and most gymnast don’t get it during the Olympics. It happens in training.

IMO ONLY!!! She made millions here before she even went, she didnt realize the Pressure of "pleasing these sponsors" sorry, She absolutely could not handle the pressure and QUIT (in my Humble Opinion).

• Sad
Reactions: rogue cock
It looks like her comeback is back for sure with her being the GOAT of the quitters club. Congrats!!

You're right. You are the winner. She is a quitter - you are on a pedestal honor and truth. You are the American hero - she is just a quitter (with no accomplishments to her name). You've done it. You've really done it.

The twisties is mental but she has zero control over it. She can’t say I’m going to suck it up and continue. It’s debilitating to the point that when she rotates she does not know up from down. Like a pilot not knowing if he’s flying into oblivion or the ground. She doesn’t know when to start and stop her rotation and that could cause a lethal injury, worst case scenario. Best case she gets points deducted from the total and they don’t even medal.

In your example it would be like a cardio thoracic surgeon having shaking hands he couldn’t control. In a way it is a physical ailment controlled but the brain. All gymnast go through it. I did at 12 and I wasn’t doing anything near as sophisticated as she is. I had to basically learn how to flip all over again. Most don’t know anything about it, and most gymnast don’t get it during the Olympics. It happens in training.
Ahhh the twisties. How could I be so ignorant?

IT is amazing people don't see the flaw in this reasoning. If Tom Brady is not mentally prepared, what happens? An interception or two? IF Jordan or Pippen are not prepared, what happens? They miss some buckets. If a gymnast doing twists and flips in the air over a 4" wide beam at high speed cannot concentrate, she could be seriously injured or worse. A bunch of fat ass old men criticizing this world class champion is disgraceful. She never said she was "brave" or sought any accolades. She simply explained why she is not in a competitive place right now. But if please, if you are in a position to criticize her, go ahead and give us your athletic credentials.
That is absolutely false. She has been praised as brave. Google it and tell me otherwise. I’m not critical of her, I have no problem with her pulling out, I just wouldn’t call that brave. When the Carolina players pulled out of the bowl game, or the ones that just didn’t finish the year, did you call them brave?

Technical name is spacial disorientation. Often happens when flying at night or in clouds with no visual references and your instruments are malfunctioning.
There’s a disorder for everything. There’s also a thing called positive reinforcement. I have no problem with her quitting, let’s just not pretend it’s some sort of virtue.

Reactions: WingchunCock
IMO ONLY!!! She made millions here before she even went, she didnt realize the Pressure of "pleasing these sponsors" sorry, She absolutely could not handle the pressure and QUIT (in my Humble Opinion).
Well she did it all before with all the sponsorships in Rio as well and did pretty well there and pleased all the sponsors then so I doubt it's that.
You got a delayed Olympics with no fans and no family. Expectations are through the roof and even she herself said that she thrives under the pressure of having a crowd prior to the Olympics. Who knows maybe the lack of energy and distractions from a normal crowd got into her head. This Olympics is hardly normal one with the lack of spectators.

What?? Hahaha. Has Simone Biles flown a plane at night?
You discounted spacial disorientation as some made up issue. Just so you realize it is not made up, try what I suggested. Go fly a plane not knowing how to read instruments in conditions where you have no visual references....let us know how that goes for you.

You discounted spacial disorientation as some made up issue. Just so you realize it is not made up, try what I suggested. Go fly a plane not knowing how to read instruments in conditions where you have no visual references....let us know how that goes for you.
Haha ok. I’m sure it happens, and I don’t hold it against her. I’m sorry she couldn’t finish what she started.

Reactions: bflogger28
You're right. You are the winner. She is a quitter - you are on a pedestal honor and truth. You are the American hero - she is just a quitter (with no accomplishments to her name). You've done it. You've really done it.
Why are you Comparing HIM to Her?? he stated his opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT