ADVERTISEMENT

Since 2009 clemson game.

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
I wonder what our record is at home wearing all-Garnet?
Becuase it looks like all -black except for the white helmets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Geez, what’s wrong with garnet? Our record in black is abysmal.

usa_today_10511549.1514831828.jpg

usatsi_10374950-2.jpg

841963334.0.jpg

Anytime we make a big deal about wearing all black...we lose.

And in those wins that were pointed out above, we weren't in all black, so that doesn't count. The Tennessee win some years back was the only time we won and that was an anomaly.

Also, name me one national championship team within the last 20 years who wears all black or where the color black is a dominant part of their uniform. Seriously, point them out. I believe it's a terrible contrasting color against the field and opponents. Didn't Spurrier (while at Florida) say he lit us up during one of our blackout games because his QB was able to see the receivers better?

Last edited:

And in those wins that were pointed out above, we weren't in all black, so that doesn't count. The Tennessee win some years back was the only time we won and that was an anomaly.

Also, name me one national championship team within the last 20 years who wears all black or where the color black is a dominant part of their uniform. Seriously, point them out. I believe it's a terrible contrasting color against the field and opponents. Didn't Spurrier (while at Florida) say he lit us up during one of our blackout games because his QB was able to see the receivers better?

misguided human being

Florida wears Blue and Orange
Clemson wears Orange and Purple
Florida State wears Garnet and Gold

Why wouldn’t we wear Garnet and Black? Again...Black is one of our school colors. It’s not like when Kentucky, Oregon, Duke, etc...wear black even though it’s not a school color.

Look, I don't mind wearing all black uniforms, just not for big or important sec games. Pull them out for the Coastal Carolina's and the Marshall's. We should stick to light and bright traditional uniform colors and not overhype ourselves because "the kids think they're cool". Do the coaches at Alabama, UGA or Clemson care about what their players want to wear in their games? C'mon man. These programs are playing for the W's, not for instagram likes.

Reactions: gailbar
Look, I don't mind wearing all black uniforms, just not for big or important sec games. Pull them out for the Coastal Carolina's and the Marshall's. We should stick to light and bright traditional uniform colors and not overhype ourselves because "the kids think they're cool". Do the coaches at Alabama, UGA or Clemson care about what their players want to wear in their games? C'mon man. These programs are playing for the W's, not for instagram likes.

If we had the tradition and history of those teams we may not change uniforms all the time. I’d like to see less changes. Personally I like what Ole Miss does...they have a red and navy jersey (they have worn the powder blue helmet some recently) I’d like to see us keep the white helmet, wear white pants at home, and alternate between Garnet and Black jerseys.

On the road, white helmet, white jersey, and 3 choices for pants.

Poor, misguided soul.

Florida wears Blue and Orange
Clemson wears Orange and Purple
Florida State wears Garnet and Gold

Why wouldn’t we wear Garnet and Black? Again...Black is one of our school colors. It’s not like when Kentucky, Oregon, Duke, etc...wear black even though it’s not a school color.

This ^^ And there you have it. It's one of our school colors and looks good too. Can we please stop having this discussion every time we decide to wear black.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Two things:
- Name one national championship team in the last 20 years with a Gamecock as a mascot. If we're going to win that trophy, a lot of firsts are going to have to happen.

- Ironically, in that ill-fated blackout game in which Spurrier's Gators torched us, our guys didn't wear black. The only people wearing black for that game were all of us fans who were dumb enough to believe we were ready to compete with the elites.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
It's when we do blackouts that we get our butt kicked. Wear black uniforms all you want, just no more goofy blackouts.

Reactions: The Cool Cock
All-black would be much more special if so many schools who don’t have black as a school color would stop wearing all black. I feel like these schools have infringed on our color. We should start suing them like Southern Cal did for the interlocking SC logo.

That was becàuse of all black in the stands not on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT