ADVERTISEMENT

Snow now falling here in Mt. Pleasant. A rare sight!

Turned to snow on Edisto Beach about 30 minutes ago. Hope the bridges open tomorrow.

forecast calls for several more hours of this

temps to remain in the 30s through tomorrow

courts, schools, etc. have announced closures for Thursday

Reactions: rogue cock
I have a client that is from Buffalo, NY and he still lives there part time. With this snow in Charleston we are shutdown, including his plant. He is scratching his head on why we didn't all go to work today. I told him welcome to SC and our ten year blizzard.

Blizzard being 3 inches of snow.

Reactions: rogue cock
I have a client that is from Buffalo, NY and he still lives there part time. With this snow in Charleston we are shutdown, including his plant. He is scratching his head on why we didn't all go to work today. I told him welcome to SC and our ten year blizzard.

Blizzard being 3 inches of snow.
ask him to tell you how they handle hurricanes in buffalo

Reactions: bucketdad
Funny you say that. I took my daughter to school in NY the day before Hurricane Sandy hit. It was a Cat 1 the day it hit. The school was in Manhattan and the next two days looked like a post apocalyptic city. I took a picture of spanish tourists building a human pyramid in the center of Park Avenue, absolutely no traffic, not a single car, bus or taxi was on the road. I walked most of the city that day and saw very few cars on any street and at least half the restaurants were closed.

ask him to tell you how they handle hurricanes in buffalo
Exactly. Everybody up north freaked over Sandy. I work with a guy who went to school in New Hampshire, apparently they canceled school if it got above 85-90 degrees because schools didn't have AC. Some areas are just better prepared to deal with nature in difference ways. I remember in 2014 when it dumped a bunch on Columbia I was driving through massive snow drifts on Assembly cause they couldn't plow one road fast enough.

How do you people get snow in Charleston when we don't in Marion, NC? It's cold as heck up here but no snow.

I have a client that is from Buffalo, NY and he still lives there part time. With this snow in Charleston we are shutdown, including his plant. He is scratching his head on why we didn't all go to work today. I told him welcome to SC and our ten year blizzard.Blizzard being 3 inches of snow.
Yankees love to laugh about how southerners react to snow but when you see the tremendous snow-removal infrastructure in northern cities, it should be pretty obvious to them why things shut down in the south over a few inches of snow. The public infrastructure pre-treats and plows the roads. But it's private infrastructure (contractors) that get out and plow parking lots, sidewalks, steps, etc. The south has none of that. Do hardware stores in Charleston even sell actual snow shovels and ice melt? Anybody know a landscaping contractor on the coast with a snow plow? Take away all their snow removal equipment and chemicals, put all-season tires on all their cars, switch out most of the AWD and 4X4 cars for 2-wheel drive ones, and they would fare a lot worse.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT