ADVERTISEMENT

So Beamer wants to be here so bad he's staying in Oklahoma to coach TEs????

Multiple people have stated he does more than just coach the tight ends and how it's about following through. But you choose to ignore that because you want to be negative. What does this get you in the end? Does it change the fact that Beamer is still the coach?

And he's likely double dipping as well.....
BlandSeriousJuliabutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Seriously? We need him here now starting to recruit and find coaches. We need an offense and defensive brand to sell recruits. It seems very common for a coach to start immediately.
I don’t see how you guys can find 5his ok for him to go back.

He can recruit and call coaches in OU. Obviously he does a lot more for OU than y’all assume since usually only coordinators stick around with a team when they leave for another job

Hard to believe that he not staying in Columbia to try and salvage a recruiting class . With Oklahoma out of the playoff race and him not being a coordinator makes zero sense as to why he is staying there another month or so ?
Only through the conference championship game. (12/12/20)

But I agree he should be here day #1. He accepted the job and OU will be fine without their TE coach.

So he's more committed to being the TE coach and 5th in charge on offense at Oklahoma than being the head coach at USC? What kind of sucker would buy that? Only one that supported Muschamp too.

You really need to stop making stuff up. This happens all the time. Smart did it when he was leaving for UGA.

Some of you need to do yourselves favors and pick another school to follow, or just get behind the coach the coach and let them prove themselves. If they don't in 3-4 years, feel free to go back to complaining.

If we had hired a sitting head coach with a team that still has to play in a conference championship or better I'd find this highly admirable. But a tight ends coach wouldn't be missed at this point in the season. I'd prefer him to be in SC working to salvage our recruiting class and maybe more importantly, to be recruiting coaching talent for his staff. What he does in the first days will greatly affect his destiny here. Is this his dream job or not?

Just think 🤔, he could’ve turned this program around this week. Not to mention get his office nick-nacks displayed prominently
Most players off campus, no practices, can’t visit the church recruits, imagine the advantage he is giving up by doing his work on his laptop in his Columbia office!

i expect the next two weeks he will be in Riley’s back pocket going over lessons he learned making transition to HC a few years ago

What can he do in a WEEK?? Some of you people will never be satisfied, we didnt get the GUY I wanted, not even sure they offered Belichik the job or not, but i do like the fact he isnt Bailing on his guys this year to get here and set up his office, all the recruits now know who the Coach is, and what he brings, USC will not lose a recuit because he stayed to honor his existing guys!! Hell you all dont even know when his pay starts here.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Other than the coaching issues, there are probably personal issues. I hate this hire to be honest. But I am not going to hate on him for going back for a bit. He has a house to pack up and sell. Kids to get out of school and so forth. It doesn't necessarily mean he's just coaching there. Still hate this hire though. But I don't hold this against him. He can't recruit in person anyway, just zoom, and I am sure they have internet access in Norman.

I get that everything is virtual right now. I work from home myself and do work across the country.

However, We all know that big time college coaching is very close to a 24/7 job 365. So, based on the dumpster fire here, there is virtually no time for anything Oklahoma related going forward. He needs all the time in the day he can spare from getting his family ready to move to be working on a staff here, an identity, a brand, recruiting, starting to connect with boosters (because lord knows them and their fancy dinners run the show around here regarding who we hire, not the admins).

I want to like the guy. In fact I do like the guy. he seems like a straight shooter that wants to be here and I think we will get his heart and soul worth of effort. I'm just very worried that this is a LOT for someone who hasn't walked this road before even once.

Hard to believe that he not staying in Columbia to try and salvage a recruiting class . With Oklahoma out of the playoff race and him not being a coordinator makes zero sense as to why he is staying there another month or so ?
He can do both.
A lot of this is being done from distance anyway. In home visits are likely forbidden regardless. Text, calls, skype, zoom, etc.
Also....lots of portal action that still has to play out.

Christmas is coming and Muschamp is gone already. I was not sure we were going to fire Muschamp by now so I’m happy. It has been a challenge to do almost anything in 2020 so I will give Ray credit for what he has done so far.

I was okay with Muschamp from the beginning, I Liked his "Energizer Bunny" recruiting attitude (vs Spurrier) but apparently he wasnt that good a "head Coach". SO now I am okay with the Beamer hire, He has 4 years to Prove himself, lets see what he can do with 3 star talent..

Reactions: tngamecock#
wow, wonder if he could be under some type of written contract with Oklahoma that requires he be there.

This is just crazy. Of course he has a contract, but he has accepted a position at another school. If he were a coordinator, i could see the need to stay to support the current team. Riley calls the plays anyways, so to me it does seem weird that he is not coming to Columbia immediately.

All these people claiming he has to pack the house, LOL. He isn't packing that house, the company that is relocating him is. I think he would have been better served to come to Columbia immediately if for no other reason, to be 100% focused on this job. It is a daunting task at hand and there are numerous coaches, support personnel, operations etc. all dedicated to football and they are in their offices everyday in Columbia. He is their leader.

My guess is, that he gets a bonus if they win the Big 12 championship and he would like to get that, probably a hefty sum, $30-$50 K i would presume. So for two more weeks, he is focused on another school.

Part of changing the culture here, which was allowed to fester and rot under WM, is being an amazing leader and leading by example. Beamer is finishing up his commitment to OU, which is leading by example. I actually expect Riley to go ahead and let Beamer go at some point, Riley speaks very highly of Beamer and I could see Riley allowing Beamer to go ahead and leave early at some point.

Reactions: Dizzy01
This is just crazy. Of course he has a contract, but he has accepted a position at another school. If he were a coordinator, i could see the need to stay to support the current team. Riley calls the plays anyways, so to me it does seem weird that he is not coming to Columbia immediately.

All these people claiming he has to pack the house, LOL. He isn't packing that house, the company that is relocating him is. I think he would have been better served to come to Columbia immediately if for no other reason, to be 100% focused on this job. It is a daunting task at hand and there are numerous coaches, support personnel, operations etc. all dedicated to football and they are in their offices everyday in Columbia. He is their leader.

My guess is, that he gets a bonus if they win the Big 12 championship and he would like to get that, probably a hefty sum, $30-$50 K i would presume. So for two more weeks, he is focused on another school.
My point is maybe Oklahoma is forcing him to honor the contract and he has no choice in the matter. the numerous coaches, support personnel, operations etc. here that you mention are under contract with us so of course they are here working.

I get that everything is virtual right now. I work from home myself and do work across the country.

However, We all know that big time college coaching is very close to a 24/7 job 365. So, based on the dumpster fire here, there is virtually no time for anything Oklahoma related going forward. He needs all the time in the day he can spare from getting his family ready to move to be working on a staff here, an identity, a brand, recruiting, starting to connect with boosters (because lord knows them and their fancy dinners run the show around here regarding who we hire, not the admins).

I want to like the guy. In fact I do like the guy. he seems like a straight shooter that wants to be here and I think we will get his heart and soul worth of effort. I'm just very worried that this is a LOT for someone who hasn't walked this road before even once.

The virus changes everything. He’s already met in person with the team. He can’t meet recruits in person, but he can contact them online. As for staff hires, sounds like he has names in mind already, everyone can be contacted remotely. Meeting with donors/boosters can wait. The transfer portal is going to be huge this year, he can be picking up tips on possible transfers just as easily in Norman as he can Columbia.

Normally, yeah, I’d want him here ASAP. But under current circumstances, personally I’m ok with it. I would like to see him start naming his staff in the next couple of days with early signing a little over a week away

My point is maybe Oklahoma is forcing him to honor the contract and he has no choice in the matter. the numerous coaches, support personnel, operations etc. here that you mention are under contract with us so of course they are here working.

They won't be as soon as they find another job. Oklahoma can't force him to stay, maybe he was asked to stay, i don't know. I suspect it was a, "we would love to have you, but you do what you need to do". Again, i can promise you he has an incentive bonus for winning the B12. It isn't chump change.

Many people have different philosophies on how to manage organizational change. Mine is that when you are taking a new position, you need to stop doing the old one and move to the new one pronto. You are thinking about the new one, making plans and likely not all there with the old one. It is understandable, it isn't a character flaw. You should be thinking about your new gig, especially one of this magnitude, one that will require numerous staff changes.

I view this as a mistake, will it doom his chance of success, probably not. I would prefer to have someone one in that office working to change the culture and setting a new standard today, not 2-3 weeks from now.

Gamecock Fans: These guys opting out are quitters. They made a commitment and they need to stick to it. It’s a terrible culture when guys are willing to walk out before the season is done.

Also Gamecock Fans: How dare Beamer honor his commitment to Oklahoma. Why isn’t he just quitting before the season is done. They aren’t winning anything anyway so who cares if he walks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT