ADVERTISEMENT

So Clowney and Dez don't think Tebow deserves a chance in the NFL

It's a smart move. He'll be a great influence on Trevor Lawrence in addition to taking most of the preseason hype.

Reactions: Jpcooper
Enlighten me because I am not sure what you mean. I don’t get a lot of what is in this thread especially with the race stuff. If players felt Tebow could help a team they would be begging for him to be signed. You think players care what race Tom Brady is? Aaron Rogers? Do you think Stefon Diggs cares about the race of Josh Allen. No. These guys get the ball to them and makes them money. So, this cult-like attachment to Tebow is just weird. Tebow is not the first Heisman Trophy QB whose career didn’t work out on the next level.
You don't need enlightenment - not on this.

Sorry for white privileged, I am trying to be less white.
I know this is just you being ignorant but I'll tell you what you can actually do. Acknowledging white privilege isn't about being less white. It's about recognizing how you or I or others, as white men, have been avoiding certain privileges in life, even when we were unaware of them, and how we can use those to help improve the lives of other marginalized groups.

So, is this what we are doing now? Running down one of our own just to uphold Tebow? I don't mind the man getting an opportunity. However, Clowney has a right to his opinion. He has played in the league several years despite not fulfilling the promise many had for him.
I'm not upholding Tebow or anyone else. The Jags and Meyer can offer Donald Trump an offer to play tight end if they wish. As for "running down one of our own" for lack of focus, effort, and willingness to learn technique, why don't you ask his defensive coaches who were here when he played? Then get back with me.

Reactions: gamecockfury
I know this is just you being ignorant but I'll tell you what you can actually do. Acknowledging white privilege isn't about being less white. It's about recognizing how you or I or others, as white men, have been avoiding certain privileges in life, even when we were unaware of them, and how we can use those to help improve the lives of other marginalized groups.
Dude turn off msnbc for a minute.

Trust me, I don't watch that nonsense either. Fox News for liberals. This is my opinion from my life experiences and the people I've met.
Stop trying to be reasonable with the unreasonable. They are too busy telling us that January 6th was a tourist event. Donald Trump has proved one thing for sure. If you tell a lie long and hard enough, somebody is going to believe it.

This is all a joke...Stupid....TT isn't guaranteed shit. These teams bring 90 players onto camp. CK made his own bed, and ya know what...Hes half white...Im so sick of these multi racial people being called black when they are Half and Half. Kap got what he deserved and is richer than 99.5 prct of the people on this board

Enlighten me because I am not sure what you mean. I don’t get a lot of what is in this thread especially with the race stuff. If players felt Tebow could help a team they would be begging for him to be signed. You think players care what race Tom Brady is? Aaron Rogers? Do you think Stefon Diggs cares about the race of Josh Allen. No. These guys get the ball to them and makes them money. So, this cult-like attachment to Tebow is just weird. Tebow is not the first Heisman Trophy QB whose career didn’t work out on the next level.
Peter King, a well known sports commentator was first to make it a race issue. Others followed.

I think it’s a dumb move. I hated Tebow and his golden boy image. Yet I also remember him being criticized in kneeling for God when now it’s okay to kneel for our racist national anthem.

I hear what you’re saying. I just say what you’re saying isn’t what is going on in the bizzaro world we now live in.

If Tebow were Troy Smith...zero reaction zero conversation.

with respect convince me I’m wrong.

Peter King, a well known sports commentator was first to make it a race issue. Others followed.

I think it’s a dumb move. I hated Tebow and his golden boy image. Yet I also remember him being criticized in kneeling for God when now it’s okay to kneel for our racist national anthem.

I hear what you’re saying. I just say what you’re saying isn’t what is going on in the bizzaro world we now live in.

I think you have a point, but not necessarily right. There are still a lot of raw feelings over the Kaepernick issue. Guys, are still going to play because they want their check, but deep down they agree with what Kap did. So, unfortunately Tebow is in the cross-hairs of that. However, his name could be Joe Schmoe. Kap’s name is going to get brought anytime players feel a guy is getting an undeserved opportunity. Kap’s name gets brought up when marginal Black QBs like Josh Johnson get signed. So, some of this foreseeable if you are being honest about it. Not saying that it is fair. It’s just something that is going to happen. Tebow balls and it goes away. That’s what is really important.

O good God.

I think you have a point, but not necessarily right. There are still a lot of raw feelings over the Kaepernick issue. Guys, are still going to play because they want their check, but deep down they agree with what Kap did. So, unfortunately Tebow is in the cross-hairs of that. However, his name could be Joe Schmoe. Kap’s name is going to get brought anytime players feel a guy is getting an undeserved opportunity. Kap’s name gets brought up when marginal Black QBs like Josh Johnson get signed. So, some of this foreseeable if you are being honest about it. Not saying that it is fair. It’s just something that is going to happen. Tebow balls and it goes away. That’s what is really important.
Fair.

Explain to me what the Kap issue is to you.

Whether you're wrong or not, what does it mean? You're trying hard to find a hypocrisy, but finding one doesn't change the fact that Tebow is getting an opportunity he didn't earn on the field.

You sound like the people who hold up Marvin Lewis as proof that there is no bias against black head coaching candidates.

Tebow is in the news and Clowney and Bryant are not. So they need to make some noise somehow, because what they are doing on the field is not newsworthy. Whether Tebow stays in the news by making the team or not remains to be seen.

Whether you're wrong or not, what does it mean? You're trying hard to find a hypocrisy, but finding one doesn't change the fact that Tebow is getting an opportunity he didn't earn on the field.

You sound like the people who hold up Marvin Lewis as proof that there is no bias against black head coaching candidates.
This is literally the dumbest thing I’ve heard all week. And I’ve heard some dumb things. And sorry, I’m not trying to be a jerk.

I think this is an Occum’s Razor situation. Tebow made Meyer. Meyer is the HC and is making this happen good or bad. Why can we no longer understand context?

I entered my first profession 22 years ago. I absolutely knew more than anyone who was my boss because I just happened to understand the internet was going to change the hotel business. Not because I was smart, but because I saw the shift.

What my degree didn’t teach me was who cares what you know. It’s who you know. Took me a long time to understand that. Once I did my career flourished. This Tebow situation is nothing more than that. Occums Raor.

Reactions: rogue cock
This is literally the dumbest thing I’ve heard all week. And I’ve heard some dumb things. And sorry, I’m not trying to be a jerk.

I think this is an Occum’s Razor situation. Tebow made Meyer. Meyer is the HC and is making this happen good or bad. Why can we no longer understand context?

I entered my first profession 22 years ago. I absolutely knew more than anyone who was my boss because I just happened to understand the internet was going to change the hotel business. Not because I was smart, but because I saw the shift.

What my degree didn’t teach me was who cares what you know. It’s who you know. Took me a long time to understand that. Once I did my career flourished. This Tebow situation is nothing more than that. Occums Raor.
If it was nothing more then that, then people would stop trying to use race a way to justify or complain about the Tebow situation.

Fair.

Explain to me what the Kap issue is to you.
Personally, I think it is a ridiculous, childish issue that has been taken too far on both sides. I wouldn’t protest in that fashion, however, I don’t think a guy should lose his career over it either. I don’t think pledging allegiance to a song should be prerequisite for playing football. I understand that people may be upset over the gesture. However, there are other things like Felony DUI and Dog Fighting conspiracies and we seemed to get over that. I sort of blame the owner on this as their wealth should make them leaders and they turned into cowardly followers. Branch Rickey was threatened that people would boycott his games if he played Jackie Robinson too. He challenged that idle threat and it changed the country. Where the players are wrong is keeping this going when this ship of Kap playing has sailed. They should have sat a game or two when they had the chance. However, Kap coming back now is about as ridiculous as Tebow playing TE just because he is big and in shape.

Last edited:
I’m not sure I understand your meaning.

BTW- killer handle. Talk about double entendre. Legit.
To me, it's obvious that Tebow is getting a hookup because of his relationship with Urban Meyer. It's frustrating when one side makes it a big deal that Tebow is white in this situation, and the other side pretends that they don't understand why the other side might think race is at play.

Not everything is racist. Not even close. Also, just because privilege/racism isn't obvious doesn't mean it doesn’t exist.

That's just not true. White males are last in line now. Intentionally discriminated against in the name of "equity", which used to be "equality", which used to be "be color and gender blind".

What is truly bizarre is how Tebow, a total NFL bust, keeps getting chance after chance after chance after chance after chance.

There's really nothing bizarre about it. His former college coach is wanting to give him another shot. Shocking.

It's been over a decade since he played at UF. I'd think some of y'all would have grown up and moved on from the forced Tebow hate.

It's also humorous that the media stirs up a frenzy over anything Tebow-related and then negatively reports about how Tebow generates a media frenzy anywhere he goes.

This story is barely worth a 1 sentence blurb in a news and notes section, but the media have made it the biggest NFL story this year.

Why does he or any other player have a “right” to say who other teams should or should not sign?
Why do we? He has the same right we do to voice his personal opinions in the USA. I don't agree nor disagree with Clowney or Dez. What I do disagree with are the "Shut up and play" crowd. How about they shut up and flip burgers or sell insurance? We are in an age where we cast stones instead of treating others as we would like to be treated. If it would piss you off for someone to say something to you, just don't say it to any one else.

LOL

It's also humorous that the media stirs up a frenzy over anything Tebow-related and then negatively reports about how Tebow generates a media frenzy anywhere he goes.

This story is barely worth a 1 sentence blurb in a news and notes section, but the media have made it the biggest NFL story this year.

Exaggerate much? I have heard very little about this in the national media. Just quickly perused the home page of ESPN.com and CBSSports.com and not a word about it. It is barely even mentioned on the Jacksonville Times-Union sports page......funny enough with a 1 sentence blurb.

I think Lawrence will do just fine with or without Tebow.

Yeah, Trevor seems pretty solidly grounded to me. There's nothing mysterious here. Urban's just doing a favor for his favorite former player. Fans are acting like a bunch of old ladies clutching their pearls, as if nepotism in sports is a new thing.

For a recent example of nepotism see Bobo/Hill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT