ADVERTISEMENT

So Clowney and Dez don't think Tebow deserves a chance in the NFL

Muslim is a race? Which one of these people are Muslim?

Michael-Wolfe-810x400-768x379.jpg

iu

d766e8c37147de16170f6a706700f213.jpg

Yes, it is. May want to research the modern definition of the term "race".

For some help......

The term race has also been applied to linguistic groups (the “Arab race” or the “Latin race”), to religious groups (the “Jewish race”), and even to political, national, or ethnic groups with few or no physical traits that distinguish them from their neighbours (the “Irish race,” the “French race,” the “Spanish race,” the “Slavic race,” the “Chinese race”, etc.).

Yes, it is. May want to research the modern definition of the term "race".

For some help......

The term race has also been applied to linguistic groups (the “Arab race” or the “Latin race”), to religious groups (the “Jewish race”), and even to political, national, or ethnic groups with few or no physical traits that distinguish them from their neighbours (the “Irish race,” the “French race,” the “Spanish race,” the “Slavic race,” the “Chinese race”, etc.).

All of those photos are people of the same race? Deer lowered, what a dullard.

We can agree to disagree about the other points. But what does he have to bring to the table? He can't show his teammates how to be a successful pro because he's never been one. Even when he was in the NFL, I remember Chris Carter saying his rah rah stuff wouldn't work because nobody listens to backup QBs. You think they'll listen to guy who's never played his position before and who's been out of the league for 8 years?

And God forbid he makes the team after showing only marginal results. That combined with the media circus that surrounds him and makes EVERYTHING about Tebow (including Tebow himself), and Meyer will lose that team before he even gets started.
What does he bring to the table??? How about:
1. Work ethic.
2. Dedication.
3. Teamwork.
4. Loyalty.
To name a few.

Reactions: cockofdawn
What does he bring to the table??? How about:
1. Work ethic.
2. Dedication.
3. Teamwork.
4. Loyalty.
To name a few.
And none of those other guys have those traits? Have any of them have quit and gone on to play a minor league sport when they didn't get what they wanted, even though they were offered the position they're now trying to play after eight years?

All of those photos are people of the same race? Deer lowered, what a dullard.
He said racist and xenophobic - racist in regard to people connect Muslim with those from Arab descent and xenophobic to cover the actual cultural/other application.

do you understand that?

Reactions: GreatestCock
He said racist and xenophobic - racist in regard to people connect Muslim with those from Arab descent and xenophobic to cover the actual cultural/other application.

do you understand that?
I asked him/her the question, "Muslim is a race?" He/she replied, "Yes, it is."

You got your cape out for no reason other than to give a superfluous answer to a question that had already been answered simply and succinctly. Instead of chasing your tail to rationalize that poster's predictable leftist histrionics, perhaps you should make sure you fully understand the flow of the conversation before wading in.

I asked him/her the question, "Muslim is a race?" He/she replied, "Yes, it is."

You got your cape out for no reason other than to give a superfluous answer to a question that had already been answered simply and succinctly. Instead of chasing your tail to rationalize that poster's predictable leftist histrionics, perhaps you should make sure you fully understand the flow of the conversation before wading in.
And you are going off on a tangent when his original comment covered it.

I think he would also ask if you think that Jewish is a race - which is mentioned and listed in the post he gave.

here read this: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/muslims-are-not-a-race_b_8591660

And you are going off on a tangent when his original comment covered it.

I think he would also ask if you think that Jewish is a race - which is mentioned and listed in the post he gave.

here read this: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/muslims-are-not-a-race_b_8591660
Indeed, his original comment covered it, rendering your comment a waste of time and space. But, sure. Michael Wolfe suddenly became bi-racial when he turned 40.

The tangent was yours. I merely recognized it and gave you some fairly reasonable advice.

If you think about it, I'm a hero.

Indeed, his original comment covered it, rendering your comment a waste of time and space. But, sure. Michael Wolfe suddenly became bi-racial when he turned 40.

The tangent was yours. I merely recognized it and gave you some fairly reasonable advice.

If you think about it, I'm a hero.
Uh okay

Reactions: mewcats
I think that's because a Muslim is more likely to react violently to any form of criticism/jesting made by non-Muslims.

....is a racist, xenophobic statement. But I am sure you will never see that so it is what it is.

What is ironic is that those of us actually paying attention over the last few years have seen groups that are part of the political right in this country march in Charlottesville with burning torches and Nazi flags chanting "Jews will not replace us", plot to kidnap and kill the Governor of Michigan, plot to kidnap the Governor of Virginia, assault and attempt to to run the Vice Presidential candidates motorcade off the highway in TX, and violently storm the US Capital killing a police officer in an attempt to kidnap and possibly murder the Vice President and overthrow the government by stopping the peaceful transition of power.

....but Muslims.
By not quoting the rest of my statement, my thoughts could be misconstrued.

To be clear, not all Muslims would react violently, but enough likely would to give non-Muslims second thoughts about doing anything to possibly offend them (and this could be a "loud vocal minority").

Reactions: funktavious
Former Colts GM, Bill Polian has a interesting show on XM Radio and broke down the move to sign Tebow, and what a GM evaluates, age, injury risk, upside, went over a variety of factors, it did not sound like he really has a chance to make the team unless the owner wants to just sell tickets which could be.

No that that take is shocking

You may want to study the history of Cuba, especially the repressive military regime of Fulgencio Batista to get a fairer look of what was going on in Cuba.
Batista's actions have no bearing on what the Castros did.

His sin does not justify theirs.

Reactions: BigWillieCock
A fake, wannabe tortured soul level of ignorance is required to think that white men are "suffering" in this country because of Affirmative Action.

Here's what you don't get. You think of people as a collective by gender and skin color. So what if a few white men are discriminated against because of their race and gender. That's how you justify it. White men as a whole aren't suffering. Team white male is doing good.

But you will turn around in the next sentence and say there is zero tolerance for any discrimination in any shape, form, or type when it comes to minorities and women on any level. Whether it's one person or an entire group, you will claim it is absolutely unacceptable.

Like I said, most people that preach about discrimination only hate the discrimination that affects them negatively, and have no problem with the discrimination that benefits them.

I keep hearing "We need to make our workplace look like our community". Well, let's make the NFL "look" that way. Let's make the NBA "look" that way. Any other entity that far out sync of the racial makeup of our "community" would be looked at as systemically racist. But nobody wants to address that. It's entirely an anti-white male movement, although Asians are starting to get a taste of it too. Meritocracy is dead.

Reactions: Cybercock
Here's what you don't get. You think of people as a collective by gender and skin color. So what if a few white men are discriminated against because of their race and gender. That's how you justify it. White men as a whole aren't suffering. Team white male is doing good.

But you will turn around in the next sentence and say there is zero tolerance for any discrimination in any shape, form, or type when it comes to minorities and women on any level. Whether it's one person or an entire group, you will claim it is absolutely unacceptable.

Like I said, most people that preach about discrimination only hate the discrimination that affects them negatively, and have no problem with the discrimination that benefits them.
They aren’t suffering though the undeniably have more chances of upward mobility.

plenty of studies show that African Americans are often pushed back their timeline of promotions - affirmative action looks to help correct that.

if statistically it says x black men should have seen promotion but only x-20 is realized - affirmative action to make it x-10 instead is not a huge suffering for white candidates since they are already being hired above their statistical threshold

• Haha
I keep hearing "We need to make our workplace look like our community". Well, let's make the NFL "look" that way. Let's make the NBA "look" that way. Any other entity that far out sync of the racial makeup of our "community" would be looked at as systemically racist. But nobody wants to address that. It's entirely an anti-white male movement, although Asians are starting to get a taste of it too. Meritocracy is dead.
Sure but let’s start with billionaires and millionaires first

Reactions: paladin181
I got news for you. If I see a white cornerback, I'm out. The only thing more ridiculous than a white running back is a white cornerback.

I got news for you. If I see a white cornerback, I'm out. The only thing more ridiculous than a white running back is a white cornerback.
I used to try to field a team on NCAA football games on PS3 that were all light skinned - just to make the recruiting and game more difficult. My cornerbacks were always absolute trash

• Haha
Reactions: mewcats
By not quoting the rest of my statement, my thoughts could be misconstrued.

To be clear, not all Muslims would react violently, but enough likely would to give non-Muslims second thoughts about doing anything to possibly offend them (and this could be a "loud vocal minority").

Nah.....even with that, no way to misconstrue the racist, xenophobic tone.

I would ask that you please do some research into the racial makeup of ownership and front offices around all the professional sports leagues.

if statistically it says x black men should have seen promotion but only x-20 is realized - affirmative action to make it x-10 instead is not a huge suffering for white candidates since they are already being hired above their statistical threshold
Just adding an opinion, compiling statistics based simply on numbers doesn't always tell the true story.

Those "numbers" don't factor in achievements, drive, education, work ethic, etc.

I work with a fairly large number of black professionals, they aren't having issues being promoted or treated unfairly.

What about the NHL?

Just adding an opinion, compiling statistics based simply on numbers doesn't always tell the true story.

Those "numbers" don't factor in achievements, drive, education, work ethic, etc.

I work with a fairly large number of black professionals, they aren't having issues being promoted or treated unfairly.
So you think that black americans tend to have less drive and work ethic?

studies do isolate for experience/education and everything tangible. Thats why its a social science. They take away factors so that race is what is being observed for the differences

What about Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot saying she would not take any questions from any reporter who wasn't black or brown? Is that racism?
It wasnt questions it was only 1 on 1 interviews because she feels that black and brown media is not getting a big enough voice for a city full of black and brown people.

It wasnt questions it was only 1 on 1 interviews because she feels that black and brown media is not getting a big enough voice for a city full of black and brown people.
OK she isn't taking 1 on 1 interviews with a specific race of people, while she is taking 1 on 1 interviews from other races. The only criteria for granting or not granting an interview is race. Isn't that racist? If she were white and refused 1 on 1 interviews with black reporters, would that be racist? Or does it depend on who is excluding one race over others?

OK she isn't taking 1 on 1 interviews with a specific race of people, while she is taking 1 on 1 interviews from other races. The only criteria for granting or not granting an interview is race. Isn't that racist? If she were white and refused 1 on 1 interviews with black reporters, would that be racist? Or does it depend on who is excluding one race over others?
It’s similar to how HBCUs mostly give scholarships to black students why white oriole shouldn’t say the n word why handicap people should only be allowed to park in handicap parking spaces

elements of power, equity and representation

• Haha
Lemme ask a question in return: can you give me an example of a city with 50%+ white population where the media representation is not there? I promise I could find a ton for the other way around

It's really not complicated. She is a sleazy, two faced racist.

It’s similar to how HBCUs mostly give scholarships to black students why white oriole shouldn’t say the n word why handicap people should only be allowed to park in handicap parking spaces

elements of power, equity and representation
By sheer numbers, it would make sense that most scholarships at HBCUs would go to black students since they make up the majority of the student bodies.

On the other hand, my unscientific observation is that there are a significant number of white people on the roster of varsity baseball programs at HBCUs these days.

Lemme ask a question in return: can you give me an example of a city with 50%+ white population where the media representation is not there? I promise I could find a ton for the other way around
The last time I checked, journalists were hired by an organization to do a job. Every news organization strives to have reporters representative of the community just as almost every ad on tv shows at least one interracial couple and very few all black or all white couples. There are exceptions too, but everything is geared toward an all inclusive picture or snapshot. Here we had a GOVERNMENT official basically saying she wasn't including someone because of their race. That was the only criteria. It wasn't that the reporter was an ass or twisted words. It is that they were ....oh my God....WHITE. That was their only "crime". reverse the races and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be flying in on chartered planes but it's ok for Ms. Lightfoot to exclude someone based on skin color.

By sheer numbers, it would make sense that most scholarships at HBCUs would go to black students since they make up the majority of the student bodies.

On the other hand, my unscientific observation is that there are a significant number of white people on the roster of varsity baseball programs at HBCUs these days.
SC does not have a veterinary school no matter how much we we call Clemson a cow college. So, if one wants to be a vet, they either apply to NC State or Ga, which get far more applicants than they have slots available. Tuskeegee, an HBCU, has an excellent vet school which has many open slots. As a result, many other races get their vet degrees there. It isn't all about athletics.

Reactions: atl-cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT