ADVERTISEMENT

So Clowney and Dez don't think Tebow deserves a chance in the NFL

The last time I checked, journalists were hired by an organization to do a job. Every news organization strives to have reporters representative of the community just as almost every ad on tv shows at least one interracial couple and very few all black or all white couples. There are exceptions too, but everything is geared toward an all inclusive picture or snapshot. Here we had a GOVERNMENT official basically saying she wasn't including someone because of their race. That was the only criteria. It wasn't that the reporter was an ass or twisted words. It is that they were ....oh my God....WHITE. That was their only "crime". reverse the races and Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be flying in on chartered planes but it's ok for Ms. Lightfoot to exclude someone based on skin color.
Look at WGN 9 news cast and look at the Chicago demographics and show me the inverse of that in any city - I’ll wait

you are giving me theoretical of a situation that has never happened. She can choose who to give 1 on 1 interviews with and she is deciding to reward the companies that hire people representative of the city she represents

Also there aren’t an overwhelming amount of interracial couples in ads. I just watched a compilation of commercials and didn’t count one - maybe you’re hyper focusing on them for some reason?

Ummm, the Constitution sees race and color of skin differently. The protected classes are race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability.
So do you share the same preposterous belief that all of those people are of the same race, but just a different color? Because the poster to whom I replied thinks that all of them being Muslim makes them of the same race. So if Jesse Jackson and I, a cracker, both decide to become Muslims, we are of the same race.

So do you share the same preposterous belief that all of those people are of the same race, but just a different color? Because the poster to whom I replied thinks that all of them being Muslim makes them of the same race. So if Jesse Jackson and I, a cracker, both decide to become Muslims, we are of the same race.
I would say they are more of the same ethnicity (shared cultural beliefs) than race, but I've seen race and ethnicity used more interchangeably for a while now. It may be something so insignificant as an American defintion of "race" versus a European definition. You are correct in that people of all different physical traits (such as color of skin and other features) can have different religious beliefs. Have a good friend who converted to Judaism because of the girl he was marrying.

The only thing I was attempting to point out was even our own Constitution recognizes a difference.

Look at WGN 9 news cast and look at the Chicago demographics and show me the inverse of that in any city - I’ll wait

you are giving me theoretical of a situation that has never happened. She can choose who to give 1 on 1 interviews with and she is deciding to reward the companies that hire people representative of the city she represents
You are unbelievably obtuse. I think you throw shit up against the wall just to see if it will stick. Certainly she can choose to give interviews to who she wants to but when she singles out one race not to give interviews to because of the color of their skin, That is racism. Never forget, she is a government official. Don't take my word for it. Here is what the encyclopedia Britannica says racism is. Racism is when people are treated unfairly because of their skin color or background. It is a kind of discrimination, and it causes great harm to people. To deny people of one color from having access to a one on one interview strictly because of skin color fits their definition.

You are unbelievably obtuse. I think you throw shit up against the wall just to see if it will stick. Certainly she can choose to give interviews to who she wants to but when she singles out one race not to give interviews to because of the color of their skin, That is racism. Never forget, she is a government official. Don't take my word for it. Here is what the encyclopedia Britannica says racism is. Racism is when people are treated unfairly because of their skin color or background. It is a kind of discrimination, and it causes great harm to people. To deny people of one color from having access to a one on one interview strictly because of skin color fits their definition.
If you go to the dictionary for the complexities of race and racism you are being very simple. For an educated and well researched view please refer to this: https://www.aclrc.com/myth-of-reverse-racism

I would hope you would dedicate more than 12 words in a dictionary to understand how race and power works.

If you go to the dictionary for the complexities of race and racism you are being very simple. For an educated and well researched view please refer to this: https://www.aclrc.com/myth-of-reverse-racism

I would hope you would dedicate more than 12 words in a dictionary to understand how race and power works.
"When backed with power, prejudice results in acts of discrimination and oppression against groups or individuals."

It's a good thing the mayor of the nation's third largest city doesn't have any power.

Reactions: paladin181

That is about as complicated as I thought you might be able to understand the subject. You are correct, there is no such thing as reverse racism. Racism exists from all skin colors. Racism is racism. I am so done with you

Also there aren’t an overwhelming amount of interracial couples in ads. I just watched a compilation of commercials and didn’t count one - maybe you’re hyper focusing on them for some reason?

Watch commercials and tell me that 15 percent of the people shown are black.
Not that I care but since you brought it up. Its tough to find a white dude on them nowadays unless he is being made to look stupid. You kill me.

"When backed with power, prejudice results in acts of discrimination and oppression against groups or individuals."

It's a good thing the mayor of the nation's third largest city doesn't have any power.

Use context clues plz

Watch commercials and tell me that 15 percent of the people shown are black.
Not that I care but since you brought it up. Its tough to find a white dude on them nowadays unless he is being made to look stupid. You kill me.
I literally just said I watched a ton of commercials compilations and white people are not being made to look stupid and interracial couples are not dominating the screen.

damn y’all legitimately need to see a therapist

Reactions: rogue cock
You are unbelievably obtuse. I think you throw shit up against the wall just to see if it will stick. Certainly she can choose to give interviews to who she wants to but when she singles out one race not to give interviews to because of the color of their skin, That is racism. Never forget, she is a government official. Don't take my word for it. Here is what the encyclopedia Britannica says racism is. Racism is when people are treated unfairly because of their skin color or background. It is a kind of discrimination, and it causes great harm to people. To deny people of one color from having access to a one on one interview strictly because of skin color fits their

Yep... some people [since directly calling him out is a violation) are special kind of stupid.

I literally just said I watched a ton of commercials compilations and white people are not being made to look stupid and interracial couples are not dominating the screen.

damn y’all legitimately need to see a therapist

Count a nights worth. Do the percentage calculation and get back to me.
If you need help with the calculations since that can be tough for some, let me know.
Remember we are talking 15 percent, not 50.
Again i dont care but if we are going to play the equality game then this is pertinent to the discussion

If you need help with the calculations since that can be tough for some, let me know.
Remember we are talking 15 percent, not 50.
Again i dont care but if we are going to play the equality game then this is pertinent to the discussion
I’m not doing homework but I watched some over air tv at my dads (I don’t watch tv I am not 100) and nope not over represented.

I even googled “brand name” tv commercial 2020 and nope

I think it’s in your head some lingering fear that the white race won’t soon dominate the US

I’m not doing homework but I watched some over air tv at my dads (I don’t watch tv I am not 100) and nope not over represented.

I even googled “brand name” tv commercial 2020 and nope

I think it’s in your head some lingering fear that the white race won’t soon dominate the US

Yeah only old people watch tv. What a tool u r.
The only fear i have is that people like you will destroy this country by constantly creating division whether it be race, age, gender, orientation or whatever other category that you can come up with.
No group should dominate anything. My hope is that we can get past this division that people like you cant seem to let go of and live together harmoniously.
You are the problem in reaching that goal. Not me.

Yeah only old people watch tv. What a tool u r.
The only fear i have is that people like you will destroy this country by constantly creating division whether it be race, age, gender, orientation or whatever other category that you can come up with.
No group should dominate anything. My hope is that we can get past this division that people like you cant seem to let go of and live together harmoniously.
You are the problem in reaching that goal. Not me.
Ignoring race problems do not solve them, they actually perpetuate them. Once again studies prove this.

actually yes old people dominate the hours per day watching tv once again studies show this

Ignoring race problems do not solve them, they actually perpetuate them. Once again studies prove this.

actually yes old people dominate the hours per day watching tv once again studies show this

If you think that constantly bringing race into everything is helping it then you are ill informed.
Im so over you and your type.

If you think that constantly bringing race into everything is helping it then you are ill informed.
Im so over you and your type.

A lot of white people want to ignore racism because it benefits them to deny its prevalence

• Haha
Reactions: Cybercock
A lot of white people want to ignore racism
Yeah, you have, in this thread.

I do wonder how being repeatedly accused of racism, either tacit or directly, affects crackers psychologically. I hope the incessant exposure to this beratement doesn't radicalize a generation of crackers. That would be disastrous.

As an aside, sensible, fair minded people will not take seriously any article that says Donald Trump had concentration camps at the southern border.

Yeah, you have, in this thread.

I do wonder how being repeatedly accused of racism, either tacit or directly, affects crackers psychologically. I hope the incessant exposure to this beratement doesn't radicalize a generation of crackers. That would be disastrous.

As an aside, sensible, fair minded people will not take seriously any article that says Donald Trump had concentration camps at the southern border.
Huh?

A lot of white people want to ignore racism because it benefits them to deny its prevalence

You have a comeback for everything. You know why? Because this is the ideal narrative to divide us. Thats not by accident. Simple minded people buy into though.
I say i am racist... you say yes
I say i am not racist.... you say i am but dont know it.
I say i treat people unequally... you say yes.
I say i treat people equally.... you say thats just not enough.

Why is everything about skin color with you?

You have a comeback for everything. You know why? Because this is the ideal narrative to divide us. Thats not by accident. Simple minded people buy into though.
I say i am racist... you say yes
I say i am not racist.... you say i am but dont know it.
I say i treat people unequally... you say yes.
I say i treat people equally.... you say thats just not enough.

Why is everything about skin color with you?
Everything isn’t but it is involved with a lot more things than you are willing to admit. Work with community of color and tell them their race doesn’t impact them almost everyday of their lives.

it’s a reality that you don’t like knowing exists.

a black person applies for a home to rent or buy, their skin color can affect it.

they apply for a job using their africanized name - that often affects it.

they drive their car and have to worry about being targeted. I know black LAWYERS that drive not as nice cars because they kept getting pulled over in their nice Lexus/BMW

they go into a store and the security officer follows them

it’s everyday for them if you want to admit it or not

Reactions: USC2USC
Everything isn’t but it is involved with a lot more things than you are willing to admit. Work with community of color and tell them their race doesn’t impact them almost everyday of their lives.

a black person applies for a home to rent or buy, their skin color can affect it.

they drive their car and have to worry about being targeted. I know black LAWYERS that drive not as nice cars because they kept getting pulled over in their nice Lexus/BMW

Ok whatever
Everyone faces challenges.
You can blame the shortcomings on the challenges or you can overcome them.

This statement shows you are lost. You can't understand, and you don't want to understand.

Oh i understand just fine.
I am better than no one and no one is better than me.
I treat all people with respect and expect the same in return
I don't see skin color. U evidently do.
If that isnt good enuf. Tough S.

Last edited:

Sorry, that just not the world we live in anymore. There will always be anecdotal cases of just about any behavior, but most of these beliefs are more media propaganda that reality.

You've been brainwashed to believe that is the case, like the many that think thousands of unarmed black men are shot every year, when the reality is that it's just a few dozen. In a country of 340 million people.

Last edited:
Oh i understand just fine.
I am better than no one and no one is better than me.
I treat all people with respect and expect the same in return
I don't see skin color. U evidently do.
If that isnt good enuf. Tough S.
Naw, confirmed further that you don't.

Sorry, that just not the world we live in anymore. There will always be anecdotal cases of just about any behavior, but most of these beliefs are more media propaganda that reality.

You've been brainwashed to believe that is the case, like the many that think thousands of unarmed black men are shot every year, when the reality is that it's just a few dozen. In a country of 340 million people.
Maby this Feeble guy makes a living off people of color by exploiting these fears. Many like Feeble do. Hell, the Denocratic Party makes a killing on it.

Maby this Feeble guy makes a living off people of color by exploiting these fears. Many like Feeble do. Hell, the Denocratic Party makes a killing on it.
Like the Republican party has been feasting on the white man's fears for about a decade (at least) now? Even as a Republican, I can see that clearly. It's part of the reason I dislike the party these days, and there's a huge schism in the Republican party. Neither one is right, I despise the democrat party for doing the same thing, but let's not pretend like both parties' hands aren't filthy as Hell, here. We should be working to fix it instead of pointing fingers about how nasty the other side is, and the fact that we don't means we constantly are divided with both sides having plenty of ammo to denigrate the other to make themselves feel better, which accomplishes nothing in reality. If you maliciously kill dogs for fun, it does nothing to lessen the crime for you to point out that your neighbor skins cats. It just means you're both really terrible people.

Is Tebow anymore atheletically gifted than most other dual-threat QBs? Tommy Frazier was probably more athletically gifted but that didn't make him a professional prospect, although it could have been the blood clots that kept him from ever playing professionally.

So you think that black americans tend to have less drive and work ethic?

studies do isolate for experience/education and everything tangible. Thats why its a social science. They take away factors so that race is what is being observed for the differences
Some black Americans DO tend to have less drive and work ethic. What’s there to argue about that?

Some white Americans ALSO tend to have less drive and work ethic. What’s there to argue about that?

The black population in America is somewhere around 13%. There are people who have made a career trying to convince that 13% that they don’t stand a snowball’s chance in Hell of succeeding. Every excuse under the sun has been made, yet somehow a segment of that black population still succeeds despite the efforts of those wanting to hold them back.

The Asian population in America is roughly half that of the black population, yet they outperform blacks in every metric of success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT