ADVERTISEMENT

So Felder isn't coming back next season?

And the hits just keep coming. Who will our starting 5 be next year? And who will be the first 3 off of the bench? We may not get to 15 wins next year. Talk about rebuilding, dayummmm.

What was all the suspense for?
Felder didn’t follow Martins rules. It was an ongoing thing. If he didn’t break the rules again and again he would still be on the team. No one has ever had such a long leash, seems like usually Frank just kicks them off after the first violation.

Reactions: vacock#
Felder didn’t follow Martins rules. It was an ongoing thing. If he didn’t break the rules again and again he would still be on the team. No one has ever had such a long leash, seems like usually Frank just kicks them off after the first violation.

can you say, Watson, Summers or Garcia...they all have a lot in common.

I said it when he committed his 2nd crime, do not let him back on team.

now its internally embarrassing he was allowed to practice and sit on the bench this year

SC has regular players... and SC have "practice' players hanging around, who knew it!!

It might be nearing time to kick Frank Martin off the team... Part of the recruiting process is evaluating talent and character... This is a reflection on his approach to recruiting

That is unfortunate. He was given an opportunity to return but he failed to do the things Frank asked him to do. The last year has been tough going on the basketball program.

19. But Bowen wouldn't really be returning, would he?
Damn, cannot even conceive scenario of good news for your team. Yes, Bowen might return. Not many gonna take a chance a player with no resume unless he just blows up in camps. They both come back 20+ wins

Frank Martin may soon be out the door if this crap keeps up.

Frank Martin will " be out the door" at SC if he wants to leave or is caught cheating.

It aint going to be for the play on the court.

You do remember the dumpster fire he walked into. At SC he could win 20-22 games every 4 years or so, and retire at SC if he wants to

Reactions: chongqinggamecock
Frank Martin will " be out the door" at SC if he wants to leave or is caught cheating.

It aint going to be for the play on the court.

You do remember the dumpster fire he walked into. At SC he could win 20-22 games every 4 years or so, and retire at SC if he wants to
Why the hell did we get rid of Odom then? He could've done better than that.

Odom... NIT champ,

Martin ... Final Four

Final Four was his insurance policy at SC. Martin will be fine, people panic
Odom won more....and was more consistent. Martin can't keep a team together and recruiting is a major problem. And Martin needs to kiss Roy Williams ring for sending Thornwell our way.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Granted, we don't know the details or specifics. One thing that is public knowledge though, is that what Felder was arrested for - assault - spitting on someone - was dropped as far as the legal charge goes, correct?

Thank goodness we run such a tight ship. CFM must have been talking with ole Butchy Jones - we goin' after that 'Championship of Life' trophy.

CFM walked into a dumpster fire, extinguished it, and now, through evaluations, recruiting, and suspensions seems to be striking that flint pretty aggressively at the bottom of a kindling-filled dumpster.

Reactions: lawcalcock
dont panic like the rest of them..1 ncaa tourney win in 45 years before Martin
Why? We miss on Nesmith this year because we are way too late to the party. Evidently, that seems to be true for at least several of the in-state prospects for next year in SC. What is going to change to make him a better recruiter? Nice guy....but he seems pretty darned set in his ways.

Damn, cannot even conceive scenario of good news for your team. Yes, Bowen might return. Not many gonna take a chance a player with no resume unless he just blows up in camps. They both come back 20+ wins
It's not good news until it coalesces in a positive way. As of right now, neither is active. I'll talk to you about 20 wins after we see the roster.

Why? We miss on Nesmith this year because we are way too late to the party. Evidently, that seems to be true for at least several of the in-state prospects for next year in SC. What is going to change to make him a better recruiter? Nice guy....but he seems pretty darned set in his ways.

ok you call for his firing.. thats your right as a fan

ok you call for his firing.. thats your right as a fan
Not calling for his firing.....yet. I want to see if he can reel in any of the SC players from this years class as there are several good ones. But, when coaches in other sports aren't getting any time to improve things and he has had 6 years (plenty of time to see what he can bring in), you have to start questioning. And you and I both know that after the story came out that Bowen apparently accepted money from an agent, that his chances for reinstatement went from slim to none.

Reactions: ddw1263
Not calling for his firing.....yet. I want to see if he can reel in any of the SC players from this years class as there are several good ones. But, when coaches in other sports aren't getting any time to improve things and he has had 6 years (plenty of time to see what he can bring in), you have to start questioning. And you and I both know that after the story came out that Bowen apparently accepted money from an agent, that his chances for reinstatement went from slim to none.

well you ask why not panic, and state your thoughts how bad things look, the luck getting Thornwell, the way he recruits, etc, etc,... and thats your right

Martin isnt changing after all these years coaching... He had success at K State and SC.... i can promise you, he will not change how he does his job

if he left, he'd find a power 5 job very quick

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
well you ask why not panic, and state your thoughts how bad things look, the luck getting Thornwell, the way he recruits, etc, etc,... and thats your right

Martin isnt changing after all these years coaching... He had success at K State and SC.... i can promise you, he will not change how he does his job

How is he going to do it without recruiting? That makes him no better choice than Fogler who could actually recruit but limited himself because didn't want to get mixed up in the AAU circuit.

Maybe he'd find another Power 5 job, maybe he wouldn't. It's not like many teams have come after him while he's been here....and Miami is pretty happy with Larranaga.

He gave the kid as many chances as he could but held him accountable in the end, we should praise a coach for that, that being said the recruiting needs to pick up and I think it will if C Brown commits.

Could we possibly trade him for a couple of first-round picks or something? (I'm mostly kidding......)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT