ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina player on Georgia: ‘They can’t pass’

Well, neither can we. That's why we are ranked 110 in total offense and 73 in passing offense.lol
THIS is why the quote is particularly stupid. I get that we are 6-2 but we just flat out don't pass the eye test at all. We aren't a bad team but we are a far sight from a good one. Players need to stop interviewing and get back to chopping wood.

THIS is why the quote is particularly stupid. I get that we are 6-2 but we just flat out don't pass the eye test at all. We aren't a bad team but we are a far sight from a good one. Players need to stop interviewing and get back to chopping wood.
Agreed. Good teams are dialed in mentally and don't let stupid comments slip. When's the last time you heard Alabama say something about an opponent that could be used against them?

Agreed. Good teams are dialed in mentally and don't let stupid comments slip. When's the last time you heard Alabama say something about an opponent that could be used against them?
Didn't we have a player - I forget which one - "guarantee" a victory against an upcoming opponent when he himself was already out for that game with an injury?

2/3 is 66.6% if we are being precise no I didn't go to Clemson but I did stay in a Holiday Inn there.
You posted I can throw 2-3 for 75% completion pct. Don't know if you meant you could throw it two or three times or complete two of three. Either way, that statement doesn't work. If you meant you could throw/complete 2 to 3 times, there is no way to throw 2 complete passes and have a 75% completion pct.

And as you stated, 2 of 3 is 67%.

Last edited:
Didn't we have a player - I forget which one - "guarantee" a victory against an upcoming opponent when he himself was already out for that game with an injury?
Was he injured or did they pull him for his safety? Poor BMac got thrown to the wolves that night but at least he led a scoring drive.

Was he injured or did they pull him for his safety? Poor BMac got thrown to the wolves that night but at least he led a scoring drive.
I think he was already injured but popped off to the press during game week. Can't remember if he was a defensive player or a receiver. I believe he was one of those positions. I think the opponent was Tennessee.

Go back and watch the td pass against ND. He's a very good passer and incredibly cool under pressure. Most talking heads say it's an underappreciated statistic because a top goal of defenses is to limit explosive plays. If 9.9 ypa doesn't impress you I don't know what would. He's almost averaging a first down every pass attempt. That's crazy.
i think he means that because uga runs it so well, fromm gets a lot of one on ones....and i would think that would be correct...most qb's are dealing with double teams a lot

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
After our secondary made Vandy look like "the greatest show on turf II", we're now going to add bulletin board material to a team that will already beat us by 30 points just running the ball? Smart move, buddy!

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq

I hope it pisses off your OC and he decides to prove that y'all can pass. Its our only chance.

You really think that y'all can pass better than you run? He threw 7 passes last week and one was an INT.

If y'all pass all over this because of Lammons statement, big deal. It beats watching helplessly, a team rush for 400.

But if the number 1 team needs motivation to pass, I guess you got it?

Reactions: mUSCle Gamecock
Honestly, I don't think the comments affect the game THAT much... maybe early on, but I just think it looks silly to say anything like that in our position.

I hope it pisses off your OC and he decides to prove that y'all can pass. Its our only chance.

You really think that y'all can pass better than you run? He threw 7 passes last week and one was an INT.

If y'all pass all over this because of Lammons statement, big deal. It beats watching helplessly, a team rush for 400.

But if the number 1 team needs motivation to pass, I guess you got it?
Lol... our coaches and players don't fall for the bait... only our fans. :D Kirby and co. are focusing on the task at hand. That's what's got us to this point.

Unfortunately, UGA is going to win because they'll win the rushing battle, significantly. That's where the game will be decided.

Nope. Not on the night when the Playoff Committee has us #1. I realize you've never known what that feels like. Maybe it will happen for you.
I for one am glad for you. The dawgs have had more mediocrity and disappointment with better talent than we have had for the last 15 years. :)

The comment will have no effect on the game. This game is going to be a lot closer than people think. If the Dawgs start passing it, the game probably isn’t going our way.

Reactions: radcock
What are going to do stick your bottom lip out ? Why do you people think everybody should bow down to you ?
bow-down-gif-3.gif

Reactions: jeff2001
Maybe they'll let us start out in overtime, and let us start all our possessions on the UGA 25. And make Georgia start all their's in Macon.

They sure passed against us the last time Lammons went to Athens

Lambert was only 24/25 for 330 yards, and 3 touchdowns

He should of said they DONT pass

I may be off and needs a historian's help here like Rod or IrmoRed, didn't Hank Campbell do that in 1993 at Tennessee ? We got whipped

Love all the bulldogs over here looking for validation and for us to bow an kiss their ass. Guess what? You have not won jack squat yet. And if your history is any indication, you will not.

Reactions: Gradstudent

We know we have sucked historically, you are a different kind of fool, you have sucked as well but believe you are a “blue blood” program. See the difference? One is a realist and the other is pathetic. You have done nothing since Jimmy Carter was president. You have ONE trophy worth a crap over 100 years of football, worst part is you have had the talent to win 5.

So just stop. I know you think you are a Bama, LSU, even Auburn type of program and you are not even close. About as close as us I would say. Enjoy your Ray Goff 2.0 half pint sawed off Coach. Gonna be fun watching.

We know we have sucked historically, you are a different kind of fool, you have sucked as well but believe you are a “blue blood” program. See the difference? One is a realist and the other is pathetic. You have done nothing since Jimmy Carter was president. You have ONE trophy worth a crap over 100 years of football, worst part is you have had the talent to win 5.

So just stop. I know you think you are a Bama, LSU, even Auburn type of program and you are not even close. About as close as us I would say. Enjoy your Ray Goff 2.0 half pint sawed off Coach. Gonna be fun watching.
LOL... the coach South Carolina wanted. We're definitely enjoying 8-0, but 9-0 is going to be amazing.

Reactions: superdawg51
Just spot the ball and let's play. The fact remains at 6-2 and 2nd in the east we are still one of the best teams you have played except for ND of which you beat by a point. It's past time for Kirby to screw one up.

@jimnasium Go watch that game. The final score was a little misleading.....we destroyed ND....held them to 55 yards rushing. 7 of their 19 pts came on a 20 drive after a Fromm fumble ....the rest Fgs. They have blown everyone else on their schedule out.

Who opened the gate to let all of these UGA fans over here? You know what I find hilarious? If Georgia beats us (they should and probably will), they will beat their chest like they beat a top notch opponent. Any sane rational fan knows that South Carolina is in a MAJOR rebuild. These two programs are at two different places. Kirby Smart walked into elite talent. Will Muschamp walked into a bunch of nothing. Carolina fans can thank Spurrier for that.

Anyway, no matter what happens on Saturday, Carolina fans need to remember that this is a process.

Whole point was he didn't throw much against Florida...dude. 7 passes. Didn't have to. But as a friend of mine put it, UGA won by 14 in Columbia last year while only passing for 29 yards (Eason, 5-29). You'd better HOPE running is all the Dawgs can do.

Of course, the year before that, the "great" Grayson Lambert set an all-time NCAA record by hitting 96% of his passes on the way to 52 points against the peckers. Caused their head coach to QUIT on his team. So do you really want to discuss this subject?

I'll discuss it. That was the beginning of the end for Spurrier at South Carolina. However, you are completely wrong in thinking the UGA game made SOS quit. The A&M game is what did it once he realized that turning the program over to his son had cost him dearly.

The comment will have no effect on the game. This game is going to be a lot closer than people think. If the Dawgs start passing it, the game probably isn’t going our way.

You won't have to pass it unfortunately for us. We will play you close for a half but thats it. But I am looking forward to next years game.

Dont you have a butt to sniff?

Who opened the gate to let all of these UGA fans over here? You know what I find hilarious? If Georgia beats us (they should and probably will), they will beat their chest like they beat a top notch opponent. Any sane rational fan knows that South Carolina is in a MAJOR rebuild. These two programs are at two different places. Kirby Smart walked into elite talent. Will Muschamp walked into a bunch of nothing. Carolina fans can thank Spurrier for that.

Anyway, no matter what happens on Saturday, Carolina fans need to remember that this is a process.
I don't think anyone will be beating their chest over Saturday, but I'll be pulling for y'all to add to the Gators misery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT