ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner acknowledges pizza delivery receipt pic is real

Well, let’s see... drivers do not make the pizza, take the order for the pizza. The Papa Johns is literally 1.4 miles from delivery spot. I’m guessing these entitlement dumbasses expect at least 10%...? STFU

TROLL

Well, let’s see... drivers do not make the pizza, take the order for the pizza. The Papa Johns is literally 1.4 miles from delivery spot. I’m guessing these entitlement dumbasses expect at least 10%...? STFU

TROLL

Drivers at PJ's actually do make pizzas and take orders, especially when it's a big order like that.

I dunno about 10% but 0.2% seems a little cheap.

Last edited:

TROLL

Service industry in the US is governed by tips. Delivery guys typically get 2 bucks an hour, and you know the cheap-ass students in Columbia (I was once one of them) don’t tip anything.

Service industry in the US is governed by tips. Delivery guys typically get 2 bucks an hour, and you know the cheap-ass students in Columbia (I was once one of them) don’t tip anything.

Yeah, but unfortunately pizza delivery drivers have been tipped on gas/length of ride. Why the hell should a delivery driver be tipped 200$ on a 2,000$ order when they put order in car and drive three minutes to drop order?

Reactions: TarCock29
Yeah, but unfortunately pizza delivery drivers have been tipped on gas/length of ride. Why the hell should a delivery driver be tipped 200$ on a 2,000$ order when they put order in car and drive three minutes to drop order?

When you get old enough to work, I hope you’ll understand. Life is so good while your mama spoonfeeds you, but it doesn’t last.

Optics of a $5 tip on a $1900 order for pizza does not look good anyway you slice it. EyerollEyerollEyerollEyeroll

USCALUMNI

Not anymore. Federal min wage is $7.25. States cannot go below that for any occupation.

Not anymore. Federal min wage is $7.25. States cannot go below that for any occupation.

Maybe you should ask a waitress how that works. It’s a little more complicated than you think.

A little head start though: they get well under minimum wage from the employer, but are expected to make it up with tips. If they don’t make enough tips, the employer has to pay the difference to bring it up to minimum wage. There are a lot of reasons why this doesn’t happen often.

But yeah, agricultural workers can still be paid below the minimum through a bunch of loopholes regardless.

Last edited:
They lied about this being USC coaches. It was a nutrition assistant that gave the tip. She was mad b/c the delivery was early causing the pizza to be cold AND the pizzas were all screwed up in the boxes. So, for those of you that think tips are an entitlement, no, they are actually given for good service. If the service is poor, the option to tip poorly to reflect that poor service is there. MOST people understand this. Some will still reward crappy service. To each their own.

Now, Tanner didn't force Papa Johns to admit that b/c he's a fence straddler and wants to keep them happy b/c they are a sponsor. Personally, I think they should've been forced to take responsibility. At least they did make the lying mother take down the dishonest tweet and facebook post.

As for delivery drivers, they DO make minimum wage. It is NOT like a waiter or waitress. They also get a little of the delivery charge. You SHOULD tip your driver but $5 is a good tip for a typical household. It is NOT a percentage based tip. In this instance, b/c of the excess time involved in loading and unloading, somewhere between $50-$100 wouldn't been appropriate IF the order hadn't been so screwed up by Papa Johns. In that case, you get what you get. And if you act like a jerk, like the driver did, you probably deserve to be completely stiffed.

As for those of you worried about Clemson fans giving you hell for this, lighten up. It's a good joke and let them make it.

Here's how you handle it,

Clemson fan: I hear your nutrition staff tips poorly. Hahahaha!

Carolina fan: Haha! Good one. What does your nutrition staff tip the Ostarine driver?

End of discussion

I would have gone with $20.

An order this big is like a catering order. Or like a group at a most restaurants. Tips should be factored into the price. All cost should be factored in to the catering job.

This is more of a refelection on how bad Papa johns runs it business then anything.

It is a social media darling but

Gotta like dear old mom living on Sullivan’s Island and her daughter working her way through school . Throwing your daughter to the social media wolves. Thanks for nothing, Mom.

This is a tough one. My cousin is always complaining about people not tipping her. Just so happens that she's a bi%@h.. I can not imagine her giving good, friendly service. She's definitely in it for the handout. Sullivan's Island mom and the kid "working thru school"... Yea right! I would not be surprised one bit if the service sucked and $5 was the right move. Unfortunately, USC doesn't have that luxury and these millennials wouldn't get it anyway. The Athletic Department has to be prepared to tip great for bad service and that makes my skin crawl.

Tipping should be based on service not cost of a meal IMO. I was a server in college, before anyone jumps on me and says you don't know what it's like to be a server. Why should I tip more if my wife and I eat two cheeseburgers vs. a steak dinner. I usually give a good tip but if the service sucks they won't get a good tip. Seems like service and care have gone down with this younger generation.

"A true nutrition staff wouldn't be serving pizza anyway."

^^^That's not true, but as always, our Athletic Department is tripping over it's own feet.

I am waiting for Ashton Kutcher to hop out of the bushes and tell me that we were all Punked. We really didn't pull our baseball coach out of the dugout and put him in the front office. It has all just been a joke. Because, it surely is.

Look it was a $1900 pizza order Papa John's ain't complaining and why would they lose that kind of business over $5 ? "What we got heah is failure to communicate". Translation: Who gives a fat rats. GO COCKS.

"A true nutrition staff wouldn't be serving pizza anyway."

^^^That's not true, but as always, our Athletic Department is tripping over it's own feet.

I am waiting for Ashton Kutcher to hop out of the bushes and tell me that we were all Punked. We really didn't pull our baseball coach out of the dugout and put him in the front office. It has all just been a joke. Because, it surely is.
Punk'd. ;)

Tipping should be based on service not cost of a meal IMO. I was a server in college, before anyone jumps on me and says you don't know what it's like to be a server. Why should I tip more if my wife and I eat two cheeseburgers vs. a steak dinner. I usually give a good tip but if the service sucks they won't get a good tip. Seems like service and care have gone down with this younger generation.
No real point here as I believe delivery drivers make about $7.30/ hr, just a comment about restaurant/bar staff and tips. When I waited tables & made 2.15/hr, I would get taxed as if I made 15% on all sales. So, if I got stiffed or received less than a 15% tip, it actually cost me money to wait on the customer. Also, if the tip is on a credit card, I would get taxed more on the tip if it was more than 15%. That’s why I’m typically a 20% tipper for average+ service & try to do it in cash even if paying with credit card.

Last edited:
Let's travel to Logicville. Pizza ovens can't cook $1900 of pizza at the same time thus some are ready early and will most likely be cold when the other 100 finish. It was a stupid order from the one who ordered it anyway. Who can time that much pizza to arrive piping hot? I know they put them in the thermal bags put still they took the bags with them and left the food to get cold. You can't time something like this right. Move along nothing to see here.

Reactions: Wiles2
There have been some valid points made here. The food may have arrived way too early. The order may have been botched. The driver may have been rude as hell and deserving of this tip. If I had an order go this way, I may have done the same thing.

However. I don't represent the University of South Carolina Athletic Department or it's football program or its Nutrition Program. Those that do don't have the luxury of letting this happen. They are part of a public entity with a bright spotlight on it. Unfortunately, Clemson's is even brighter, and we gave them and their cult another chance to use theirs to highlight our shortcomings.

And for anyone thinks this will just end as water cooler talk at work, get real. Dabo and Co. are already spinning this into a positive recruiting point for them. And they probably already used it on Saturday.

Reactions: Cock-Vader
Because that waiter is being taxed on food sales dollars, and steak is 3-5x the cost of a cheeseburger. So if u can't afford to tip, then go get fast food where u aren't expected to do so.

Because that waiter is being taxed on food sales dollars, and steak is 3-5x the cost of a cheeseburger. So if u can't afford to tip, then go get fast food where u aren't expected to do so.
Tax has nothing to do with quality of service

Drivers at PJ's actually do make pizzas and take orders, especially when it's a big order like that.

I dunno about 10% but 0.2% seems a little cheap.

If the service was good, a $20-25 dollar tip would have been appropriate, I suppose BUT if the order was screwed up - that changes a LOT!

I normally tip 20-25% in a restaurant (usually cash) - more, if the service is exceptional, but for take-outs, it's normally a flat $5.00 tip from me, unless it's a large or difficult order, then I give $10.00. HOWEVER, by going PUBLIC with a copy of the receipt, the pizza operation should pay a tip to USC!

Last edited:
No real point here as I believe delivery drivers make about $7.30/ hr, just a comment about restaurant/bar staff and tips. When I waited tables & made 2.15/hr, I would get taxed as if I made 15% on all sales. So, if I got stiffed or received less than a 15% tip, it cost me money to wait on the customer. Also, if the tip is on a credit card, I would get taxed more on the tip if it was more than 15%. That’s why I’m typically a 20% tipper for average+ service & try to do it in cash even if paying with credit card.
I was making a general comment about tipping in general. Obviously $5 is much on the low side of $2000

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT