ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner acknowledges pizza delivery receipt pic is real

You can read any emotion you want into my response. Not angry at all, however. Simply amazed (as in SMDH) at how SOFT today's generation has become. Like I said, in the real world not everyone gets a participation trophy - nor should they. Good tips should only be expected when good service has been provided. And, I don't grade the level of service on a bell curve. Either it is or it isn't.
Fair enough. But all the negatives you laid out are the epitome of bad service. And I don't know of anyone that advocates tipping generously for such. If a server shows that they care and try to do a good job, they should get at least a 15% tip, if not 20%. Otherwise, they are earning $2.13 (or whatever) an hour. And the person that refuses to tip accordingly is simply a cheapskate. (Not calling you that.)

Reactions: Lakecock1
While we're talking tips, how much should you tip a valet? This one is always a tough call, because you have to take it on faith the car is being returned exactly the way you left it and if it's at night you can't see much.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Many companies outline tipping policies for expense reports. I’ve seen “ it’s never ok to tip over 20 % unless it’s out of own pocket.” I’ve seen recommendations of 10 % for breakfast , 15% for lunch and 20% for dinner. I’ve never understood the difference for the meals but it’s been around as long as I can remember.

Reactions: rogue cock
Fair enough. But all the negatives you laid out are the epitome of bad service. And I don't know of anyone that advocates tipping generously for such. If a server shows that they care and try to do a good job, they should get at least a 15% tip, if not 20%. Otherwise, they are earning $2.13 (or whatever) an hour. And the person that refuses to tip accordingly is simply a cheapskate. (Not calling you that.)

This is what I was saying.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Many companies outline tipping policies for expense reports. I’ve seen “ it’s never ok to tip over 20 % unless it’s out of own pocket.” I’ve seen recommendations of 10 % for breakfast , 15% for lunch and 20% for dinner. I’ve never understood the difference for the meals but it’s been around as long as I can remember.
Breakfast is usually the least expensive meal of the day (unless you're eating with my son), followed by lunch, and then dinner.

Breakfast is usually the least expensive meal of the day (unless you're eating with my son), followed by lunch, and then dinner.
If you tip your breakfast waitress 10%, you just cost her money. The price of the meal may be cheaper, but tip is a percentage and should not be reduced, except in the event of poor service.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
What is amusing to me is those defending this or complaining about Clemson people giving you a hard time. Like you wouldn't have done the same if it was us. I haven't been over here long but I have read enough to know that had this been us, there would be a 10 page thread bashing Dabo.
What is amusing to me is how you win a national title but it does nothing to stop your obsession with everything USC.

Didn't read through all 4 pages of posts, but I heard there were screwups with the order and some of the pizzas were messed up (as in hadn't been handled carefully).

they are penalized when they...bring it out late
FWIW, this particular miscue is rarely the server’s fault. This typically rests on the host staff for not instituting a wait &, in turn, slamming the kitchen.

Last edited:
I heard there were screwups with the order and some of the pizzas were messed up (as in hadn't been handled carefully).

FYI this narrative is based 100% on an anonymous text message someone posted on Twitter. No one associated with USC has publicly said anything like that.

FYI this narrative is based 100% on an anonymous text message someone posted on Twitter. No one associated with USC has publicly said anything like that.
Yeah and they aren't going to. I have my opinions on how we SHOULD have handled it but nothing new is going to come out about this. Imagine if Clemson's PED scandal was getting this much attention.

Was the date and time of the text message after the story started gaining traction?

Here’s where I’m at or what I do.

I never jip on tips. Because I’m two bad mistakes from being that person taking orders and delivering.

But after the bad experience here’s what I do in protest. I never go back to the establishment.

Same here, except for one little difference. I talk in person or call the manager and let him/her know what happened and that I'm not happy.

The women should be fired

Today’s world ——. Over react , blast away on social media and fire everyone.

Give everyone a ribbon for showing up. Free everything . And if someone’s makes a mistake. Judge them to no end.

Not one person on here knows the full story. Including myself.

Who is in the wrong ? One person making a bad tipping decision for any number of reasons or another person trying to blame everyone associated with the first person’s mistake and going to twitter freak show to announce it the world, with the intent of public humiliation for anyone that will listen .

i saw this on the gamecock twitter feed, a pizza delivery person’s mother posted about the disgruntlement, showing a picture of the receipt, apparently after two trips of delivering close to 2k worth of pizza, involving two drivers, they were given 5 bucks to split. i personally would have ripped the bill in half and handed one half to my colleague right in front of the dick who gave it to me. i dont give a gd fk who you think you are or where/how you came up, but you better tip 10-20% or its your food that gets effed with. no excuses. thats the way she goes no matter what some of you may think or feel. truth.

Reactions: taiwancock
i saw this on the gamecock twitter feed, a pizza delivery person’s mother posted about the disgruntlement, showing a picture of the receipt, apparently after two trips of delivering close to 2k worth of pizza, involving two drivers, they were given 5 bucks to split. i personally would have ripped the bill in half and handed one half to my colleague right in front of the dick who gave it to me. i dont give a gd fk who you think you are or where/how you came up, but you better tip 10-20% or its your food that gets effed with. no excuses. thats the way she goes no matter what some of you may think or feel. truth.
Feel better now?

Reactions: be cocky
Can't say I disagree. I hope these jackwagons will behave differently at the next opportunity

Sorry, but messing with someone's food is far more despicable than giving a crappy tip.

They lied about this being USC coaches. It was a nutrition assistant that gave the tip. She was mad b/c the delivery was early causing the pizza to be cold AND the pizzas were all screwed up in the boxes. So, for those of you that think tips are an entitlement, no, they are actually given for good service. If the service is poor, the option to tip poorly to reflect that poor service is there. MOST people understand this. Some will still reward crappy service. To each their own.

Now, Tanner didn't force Papa Johns to admit that b/c he's a fence straddler and wants to keep them happy b/c they are a sponsor. Personally, I think they should've been forced to take responsibility. At least they did make the lying mother take down the dishonest tweet and facebook post.

As for delivery drivers, they DO make minimum wage. It is NOT like a waiter or waitress. They also get a little of the delivery charge. You SHOULD tip your driver but $5 is a good tip for a typical household. It is NOT a percentage based tip. In this instance, b/c of the excess time involved in loading and unloading, somewhere between $50-$100 wouldn't been appropriate IF the order hadn't been so screwed up by Papa Johns. In that case, you get what you get. And if you act like a jerk, like the driver did, you probably deserve to be completely stiffed.

As for those of you worried about Clemson fans giving you hell for this, lighten up. It's a good joke and let them make it.

Here's how you handle it,

Clemson fan: I hear your nutrition staff tips poorly. Hahahaha!

Carolina fan: Haha! Good one. What does your nutrition staff tip the Ostarine driver?

End of discussion

how can you make 1.7k pizzas and not have the first order come early, they probably have one oven, and one warming rack, each pizza takes approx. 16 mins to bake. they also have regular customers to oblige. it was saturday, and according to everyones excuses for not going to the spring game, alot of demand may have been on that particular store. i.e. birthday parties, hungover student breakfast/brunches, post soccer games parties... tanner should’ve had them bring in there equipment to make and bake on site like they do for real games. but that would cost too much money and they had no idea how many people would show up for the game. do we even know who this pizza was for? i’m assuming it was for fans but i wouldn’t know

how can you make 1.7k pizzas and not have the first order come early, they probably have one oven, and one warming rack, each pizza takes approx. 16 mins to bake. they also have regular customers to oblige. it was saturday, and according to everyones excuses for not going to the spring game, alot of demand may have been on that particular store. i.e. birthday parties, hungover student breakfast/brunches, post soccer games parties... tanner should’ve had them bring in there equipment to make and bake on site like they do for real games. but that would cost too much money and they had no idea how many people would show up for the game. do we even know who this pizza was for? i’m assuming it was for fans but i wouldn’t know
It wasn't 1.7K pizzas, it was $1,7K worth of pizzas. Also, I seriously doubt they have only one oven and it does not take 16 minutes to cook a pizza....most high end pizza joints can cook one in 4 minutes.

An order this big is like a catering order. Or like a group at a most restaurants. Tips should be factored into the price. All cost should be factored in to the catering job.

This is more of a refelection on how bad Papa johns runs it business then anything.

It is a social media darling but

Gotta like dear old mom living on Sullivan’s Island and her daughter working her way through school . Throwing your daughter to the social media wolves. Thanks for nothing, Mom.

sounds like she’s just as cheap as the tipper in question! calling the kettle black i spose... how do we know she lives on sulli’s?

Tipping should be based on service not cost of a meal IMO. I was a server in college, before anyone jumps on me and says you don't know what it's like to be a server. Why should I tip more if my wife and I eat two cheeseburgers vs. a steak dinner. I usually give a good tip but if the service sucks they won't get a good tip. Seems like service and care have gone down with this younger generation.

i know where you’re coming from, but as others have stated, it’s too easy to deliver 100+ pizzas in two trips. there’s really no room for bad service as a delivery driver. get there, unload product. that being said, this young lady and her fellow delivery person had absolutely nothing to do with the manager of the store’s decision process. why is everyone blaming the drivers? the only thing worse than being stiffed, is being barely stiffed.

We’ve got a lot of dummies running the show. Our PR is terrible. I think we’ve gotten more heat off this than clem did with PEDs.

Sorry, but messing with someone's food is far more despicable than giving a crappy tip.

too bad, it will happen. you wont even know when it does happen. i had to stop ordering takeout from many places in columbia due to my cheap ass roomate.

It wasn't 1.7K pizzas, it was $1,7K worth of pizzas. Also, I seriously doubt they have only one oven and it does not take 16 minutes to cook a pizza....most high end pizza joints can cook one in 4 minutes.
i was a lead cook at uno in lexington back in the mid 2000’s. not sure if its still open not but our pizza was far superior to delivery joints. we had two ovens and they took longer than 4 mins. and yes i meant to say 1.7k worth of pizza. i reeeelly hope noone misunderstood what i was saying. jesus.

We’ve got a lot of dummies running the show. Our PR is terrible. I think we’ve gotten more heat off this than clem did with PEDs.
There is no way to defend against a story like that. Same is true regarding the PED story if it were false. You can't prove or disprove a negative....best just to let it die off on its own

i was a lead cook at uno in lexington back in the mid 2000’s. not sure if its still open not but our pizza was far superior to delivery joints. we had two ovens and they took longer than 4 mins. and yes i meant to say 1.7k worth of pizza. i reeeelly hope noone misunderstood what i was saying. jesus.
What temp did Uno's keep their oven? Have friends who own a brick oven pizza place on HHI and a NYC style in Bluffton, the pizza generally is cooked in 4/5 minutes, if not sooner. I just assumed all commercial ovens would have them out that fast.

There is no way to defend against a story like that. Same is true regarding the PED story if it were false. You can't prove or disprove a negative....best just to let it die off on its own
If you can build up “good will” like clem does you can get the benefit of the doubt. Every kind to charity thing clem does is broadcasted on social media which is an attention whore mentality.

Apparently we do not do that. The other day the football team and the basketball team did some charity work, the media guys on TOS found out because the charities told them about it, not the school. We need some positive stories about our guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT