ADVERTISEMENT

Terry Bradshaw getting slammed for comments on Erin Andrews

Women sportscasters are in a tough spot...They gotta know their stuff and they have to be pretty. Focusing on their looks minimizes their talent.

You would NEVER say in a board room. Wow, I like those boots and blouse, good look. Oh and by the way nice report on our 3rd quarter liquidity problem and our hopes for expansion
On the other hand a women that is judged the ugliest woman on earth can have a job in the board room if she is a whiz with accounting numbers, but the ugliest woman on earth isn't getting a job as sideline reporter even with an encyclopedic knowledge of sports. Looks are a part of sideline reporting, they aren't a part of analyzing liquidity issues, so comments about looks may be relevant in one place that they are not in another.

Then let's talk!

In that setting would you be flabbergasted if a male coworker said "hey, looking good in those boots!"?
Nope. I welcome compliments on my appearance. And honestly, most women do. Yes, we get up and do all the makeup/hair/outfit for ourselves mostly, but we also like to receive compliments.

So...any of you men actually care how an actual woman in the work world feels about being complimented on her appearance while doing her job? Or do y'all just want to continue your back and forth without some insight?

Is this “actual woman” (seems a tad demeaning to Mrs. Andrews, lol) wearing a de facto costume for effect?

I work for a Fortune 150, multinational corporation.

I interact with professional, intelligent and accomplished women at all levels, on the daily.

Spare me your “insight”.

There is nothing wrong with what he said. In this context or in any work setting. I get complimented quite a bit on my appearance, while at the same time being complimented on my job. Both when I worked in Athletics and now that I'm in law.

The thing no one wants to admit is that women who work in the sports world DO have to accept the fact that they will hear and see things that yes would not be appropriate in other jobs. But that's one of those things that comes with the job. Kinda like when you allow women reporters into locker rooms. Don't want to see an athlete walking around in nothing but his jock, and sometimes nothing at all, don't go into the locker room for your interview. Don't want to hear locker room talk, don't go into the locker room.

As others have said, if Erin had no problem with it, nor should anyone else. It's not anyone's job to tell me when I should/should not be offended by something said to me.
Thank you!

The women that I know and that are in my life feel the same way.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
It’s a topic that can’t be mentioned, having women reporters (started with side line reporters) who have never played the game. They were there to have more women viewers and a little eye candy. Some are knowledgeable about the game but shouldn’t that be an exception and not the norm for every game?
How many announcers (announcers, not colour commentators, and not sideline reports), regardless of sex, have played the game?

On two come to mind off the top of my head - Pat Summerall and Todd Ellis. I'm sure there are many more.

Some of the best coaches/managers out there have never played a down or inning.

Is this “actual woman” (seems a tad demeaning to Mrs. Andrews, lol) wearing a de facto costume for effect?

I interact with professional, intelligent and accomplished women at all levels, on the daily.

Spare me your “insight”.

Her comments were pretty insightful.

Women sportscasters are in a tough spot...They gotta know their stuff and they have to be pretty. Focusing on their looks minimizes their talent.

You would NEVER say8 in a board room. Wow, I like those boots and blouse, good look. Oh and by the way nice report on our 3rd quarter liquidity problem and our hopes for expansion
Eventually, we will not be able to look at or talk to each other.
He was commenting on her cowboy themed clothes since they were talking about horses.

Really yall?

Last edited:
So sports isn’t a business that needs HR standards and practices? Dan Snyder would love to talk to you
Twenty years in Broadcasting and 25 in HR here. You're wasting your time on this "massive" controversey

Trust me, the world you are creating with this petty condemnation is going to be so sad. And fair warning, keep it up, and you'll be the person at 'work' everybody avoids.

Last edited:

Spare me your “insight”.
Bless your heart.

For the record - the "actual woman" comment was to all the males in this thread speaking on behalf of women. It had nothing to do with Erin.

Couldn't care less what type company you work for. Doesn't make you a better judge of women in the work world, or how they like to be treated, or what is going through their minds. You can still be the biggest misogynist on the face of the Earth, while the trash man can be the best man you'll ever meet in your life.

Last edited:
Her comments were pretty insightful.

Not really.

Balanced, but not insightful.

Particularly the - “it’s not anyone’s job to tell me when I should/should not be offended by something said to me”

As if that sentiment only applies to a woman.

Clearly. anyone can choose to be offended at any time for any reason. It is 2021!

JFC liberals are such little whiney little bitches. She asked him a question that had nothing to do with sports, she asked how old was he when he started riding horses, he answered and made a comment about how he liked her cowboy boots. Context is key.

Another reason to despise what America has become. You can't say anything to anyone lest they be offended. And now you can't even compliment a pretty woman without someone totally unconnected to her being offended. I guess we're supposed to pretend that everyone is all the same. No one's pretty, ugly, fat, skinny, bald, wearing glasses, smart, dumb, tall, short or anything else that could be identified as different than the norm. It's disgusting to me what America has become. A bunch of whining crybaby sissies. Gee, I hope I didn't offend anyone with this post. Naw, actually I don't give a schitt.

Bless your heart.

For the record - the "actual woman" comment was to all the males in this thread speaking on behalf of women. It had nothing to do with Erin.

Couldn't care less what type company you work for. Doesn't make you a better judge of women in the work world, or how they like to be treated, or what is going through their minds. You can still be the biggest misogynist on the face of the Earth, while the trash man can be the best man you'll ever meet in your life.

Self-aggrandizing.

Patronizing.

A bit presumptuous.

I suppose that does provide some personal insight.

It’s okay. I know those qualities aren’t reflective of most women. Certainly not the ones in my personal and professional lives.

But, no judging!

Another reason to despise what America has become. You can't say anything to anyone lest they be offended. And now you can't even compliment a pretty woman without someone totally unconnected to her being offended. I guess we're supposed to pretend that everyone is all the same. No one's pretty, ugly, fat, skinny, bald, wearing glasses, smart, dumb, tall, short or anything else that could be identified as different than the norm. It's disgusting to me what America has become. A bunch of whining crybaby sissies. Gee, I hope I didn't offend anyone with this post. Naw, actually I don't give a schitt.

He wasn't even commenting on her looks. Just said her outfit looked nice.

Would folk be offended if a guy told a girl she had a nice car?

Where's the line.

Spare me your “insight”.

You obviously need some insight if you took her comment as he demeaning to Mrs. Andrews. lol

And I'm married to an executive level female, and she gets to decide what is offensive to her and what makes her uncomfortable. Not me. Not you. Not social media dip shits.

You obviously need some insight if you took her comment as he demeaning to Mrs. Andrews. lol

And I'm married to an executive level female, and she gets to decide what is offensive to her and what makes her uncomfortable. Not me. Not you. Not social media dip shits.

Demeaning??

What are you bleating about now??

Good lawd you’re dense.

You’re married to a female. Congratulations. I guess…

Bleat on.

Has Andrews come out and try to calm down the Non- issue ?

Last edited:
Has Andrews come out and try to calm down the Non- issue

Why would she need to calm down the crybabies who had no reason to get upset to begin with? They need to run to their mommies if they need comforting.

In fact, if she did, the same people would probably start attacking her not joining into their outrage that didn't have anything to do with them to begin with.

Spare me your “insight”.
Nice that you’re telling women how and when they should be offended. Your sterile life doesn’t sound like too much fun.

Ever notice how female announcers on televised women’s basketball games often comment on female coach’s attire or hairstyles and face no backlash? But if a male announcer would make the same comment he would be fired, no doubt.

So...any of you men actually care how an actual woman in the work world feels about being complimented on her appearance while doing her job? Or do y'all just want to continue your back and forth without some insight?
Sorry...responded before I read your other comments. Thanks!

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
People need some stupid crap to be upset about. What a joke. God forbid you tell someone they look nice or sharp or handsome or pretty. Social media is upset….what will we do, what will we do?

Reactions: chief2791

Spare me your “insight”.

Fortune 150 AND Multinational?

I know some people that work at McDonalds too.

Fortune 150 AND Multinational?

I know some people that work at McDonalds too.

Meh. Second class.

The broiler at the BK Lounge is the big time.

I mastered that puppy and the vat of lye used to clean the pieces, parts at 16.

But, tell your roommates “hi”.

It seems innocuous and the outrage manufactured. I'd be interested in Erin's own comments - if she's not offended then no one should be.

However, it should be noted that Erin had to deal publicly with a very troubling stalker situation several years back. Her handling of that situation (at least what the public saw) seemed extremely brave and professional. I gained a great deal of respect for her when she went back to work. (I get that this thing with Bradshaw is by no means the same situation).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT