ADVERTISEMENT

Tevin Mack dismissed at Texas

Sad when these guys waste the opportunities they have. Not sure what happened, but I don't think Martin would be interested.

Reactions: jeff2001
Respectfully Pepsi, I disagree. I do agree with "New coach, New attitude" approach. 14 Points in the Big 12 per game translates well to the SEC, IMHO.
I don't know what kind of support ...family, friends...he has locally, but he is a D1 talent. Point is, why would he leave if there were no problems at Dreher? I understand wanting to get away and that we became good after his commitment to VCU.
I don't see a downside to offering him.

The year Tevin was recruited PJ was the recruit FM had to have. There was a weird confluence of envy/rivalry between PJ and Tevin, a very tight crunch with scholarship numbers(that too late worked itself out), and a feeling,whether true or untrue, that Tevin felt he was being slow played by us and "disrespected".

If he wants to come home to SC it would make no sense to go to Tillman tech( program in decline, coach's seat getting warm, horrible offense to showcase his skills). IF... he comes here all the burden is on him, he is the one that has to adapt and FM gets to coach him for a year and see if he is serious about a second chance. There would need to be some air clearing conversations but with FM's "directness" clarity for both parties would be easily apparent

If he doesn't have legal issues, i would love to see him join the program...We need to bring in great talent any way we can get it...Mack can play and would help our program

Reactions: rogue cock
These guys think they can "do better" than Carolina.. Then fall on their face. Only one I can think of that's doing good for himself is the guy from Villinova Kris Jenkins.

These guys think they can "do better" than Carolina.. Then fall on their face. Only one I can think of that's doing good for himself is the guy from Villinova Kris Jenkins.

Tevin was not failing on the court, he was averaging 15 pts. Just couldn't figure the other stuff out

To dog the young man that bad, you must know all the details of his issues with Shaka Smart...I prefer the rational that we all make bad choices at times...We all deserve a chance to reset and correct those choices...
I agree, but he must have done something. And im sure he wont end up here. He didnt want to come here in the 1st place

Reactions: GamecockJL
Curious if Carey Rich said anything about him on Cline's show this afternoon?And when we talk about transfers, don't forget about Larry Davis

Reactions: SCGCock07
I agree, but he must have done something. And im sure he wont end up here. He didnt want to come here in the 1st place

You might be right about him not coming here...No one has said he is..But that's no excuse to brand him a "reject"...I wish him well where ever he goes..If he does come here, he will help our program...Larry Davis said no to us and came back after 2 yrs in Chapel Hell...It happens...Mack developed a great relationship with Shaka Smart and followed him to Texas..He is certainly not the first recruit to make a poor choice

To dog the young man that bad, you must know all the details of his issues with Shaka Smart...I prefer the rational that we all make bad choices at times...We all deserve a chance to reset and correct those choices...
Well said lawcal, well said!!

As an average human being, why I myself have made mistakes - some that in hindsight defy ones basic logic; UNLESS of course certain details are thoroughly considered.

Given my life experiences and as a now middle-aged average human being, I have quite recently acquired a new perspective in life. That view/opinion being pretty much that I hold off on judging others. Point being, that unless you're a close and trusted friend, relative, etc., and therefore lack the full knowledge of another person's situation and reason(s) for making certain decisions and/or taking certain actions, then how can you make a fair and honest judgment of said person?? I mean if ya don't know watcha don't know, then to judge someone for any reason is to blissfully do so, and sometimes quite ignorantly.

JMHOFWIW

It might work out very well for us if he does come home. We're losing a lot of guards after this season. Sindarius will be gone for sure and there has always been talk about PJ. Mack could fill a major void that we'd no doubt have next season, if he could even play next season.

To me that makes no sense, because he sure as hell won't be playing for Mark Fox.
true but he may not know that...Fox will surely be fired this year or the next...Jawja was his second choice because of his rapport with Mark Fox

It might work out very well for us if he does come home. We're losing a lot of guards after this season. Sindarius will be gone for sure and there has always been talk about PJ. Mack could fill a major void that we'd no doubt have next season, if he could even play next season.
he would have to sit out next season

Like Kaleb Chalmers? If he helps with our secondary, I don't think we will care if he didn't want to come here in the first place....and, even worse, chose the team in orange over us.

He was our (Texas) leading scorer. You can bet Shaka tried everything he could to resolve issues. Torpedoed our season to let him go, but the fact Shaka felt that necessary speaks volumes.

Didn`t we get on him a little late? Just asking. If he wants to come here I think it would be great, as long as it`s not a legal issue. As a Dreher alumnus, it would be great to have a Dreher kid play for us. The last one I can remember was a guy named Alex English, who was in my class at Dreher - 1972(ouch, showing my age). Frank obviously won`t put up with much foolishness, given the people he has let go. He has obviously kept some and given them a second chance - we should trust his judgement if Tevin wants to play for us.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT